Morrissey Central “MORRISSEY 2023” (December 8, 2022)

Studio time is booked for January and February 2023 when Morrissey will record his new album WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES. The recording will be the fifth Morrissey album produced by ten Grammy winner Joe Chiccarelli , and the band continues to be Jesse Tobias, Gustavo Manzur, Alain Whyte, Juan Galeano and Brendan Buckley. The 12 songs were written by Morrissey with Alain Whyte, Jesse Tobias, Gustavo Manzur. There is no record label as yet for the project, and ways to attain global distribution are being researched.

Morrissey commented:

"The songs, of course, are magnificent, and even the relentless difficulties we have experienced recently are not enough to kill us off. "

Morrissey's last album release was 'I Am Not A Dog on a Chain' in March 2020, which charted at #1 in both Poland and Scotland, #3 in France and England.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Moz' best tunes have been with Alain. Honestly what i heard from BOT blows. Drop it and get the disc with Alain out first. Save Mozzer!

I really do not see why he has such a need for a label. What's to stop him from self distribution?

good question. He prefers to be on a label, why? Could be something of nostalgia or glamour attached to it, a symbol of success, ego, the promotion and distribution the label could supply. Speculation, so don’t really know.

Of course in his current situation, it makes the most sense to self release. If he continues making records, he may be forced to someday.

I hope he looks at Bonaparte's suggestions for song names, they are quite clever. Morrisey, babe, have a cheeseburger, it will improve your mood. I'm here to help.

I was thinking about this today - The last Alain Whyte song we heard was Home is a Questionmark off Low In High School. I assume this was a YATQ / ROTM leave off and got adjusted by JC etc in the studio. No surprise that one of my favs songs from that album is written by AW.
I believe the music to the song credited to Lopez is not the tune as envisaged by Whyte at the time of Quarry sessions (Hook End, '03).
The commonality may be the Morrissey lyrics which Alain had a raw demo of.
There were also some lyrics suggested to be a 3rd version which were debunked by Alain - so won't repeat here.
Regards,
FWD.

(So, if we discount things like Glamorous Glue, 2011 and compilations like Swords, then Skull single, 2009 was probably the last "proper" Whyte-credited involvement).

I agree with you and I’m saying exactly the same thing, so you should understand what I’ve been saying, when I say …

I don't think it's healthy to be that hatefully obsessed with someone for so long,

And I think that one can lose a sense of who they are, to such an extent that one's personality becomes almost entirely about their hate of that person, who you will likely never meet and will never know that you exist.
They identify with this dislike for a singer, and come here to be congratulated and have their egos stroked by other haters.

It is NO different. But still they go on with their relentless venting while adding nothing constructive or making no discussion healthy.

btw, nowhere in this thread did I bring up the topic of ‘simple discussion’ nor did I ever judge engaging in ‘simple discussion’ as unhealthy. And why resort to name calling? I thought you were better than that.

redacted my fan favorite! Lol
Where have I said I hated Morrissey? I thought you were quite reasonable, but I'm pretty disappointed that you're now just making things up. Have I offended you somehow? I'd agree that people who hate obsessively are also unhealthy - they're the other side on the coin with the sycophants.

The K-hole thing wasn't an insult by the way. It's a nice way of shortening your name.

Again @StalinsPipe nowhere in my above post did I say or imply you hated Morrissey.

In my post I was simply saying, that both Morrissey obsessions, Love or Hate when taken to the extremes are unhealthy.

That is all.

I think a lot of the more postive people have been driven away by the nonsense here and I don't mean the critics of Morrissey, because at least we can all have conversations with each other and it can be interesting.

I consider myself to be pretty positive. Even amongst my criticisms of Morrissey, I still love his music pre-Dog. I'm always happy to discuss Morrissey with people who love him or loathe him, but I take breaks from here because of the people who uncritically praise him no matter what, and because of the increase in people esposuing the same old far right tropes (e.g. gash; vegan.cro; reelfountain (they in particular were bang into COVID 19 conspiracy theories before they were put on a temp ban). I don't actually think that these people are, or ever were, serious Morrissey/Smiths fans who have devoted their lives to the music. I just don't see how you can be a Smiths fan and espouse establishment, far right nonsense. The two just do not go together.

This is excellent news. Period. I appreciate central sharing important news like this!

Yes, it's annoying that BOT is "stuck" right now. I, too wish he would self release.

I think it's wonderful that despite the setbacks and disappointments Morrissey is planning to get right back in the studio. Making more music! How could that not be good news? I think anybody cares enough to look at this website would probably think that's very encouraging. 😉

Not to mention all these delays are certainly building anticipation. At least for me. I can't freaking wait to hear the rest of the album that I haven't heard live!! 🤘

I consider myself to be pretty positive. Even amongst my criticisms of Morrissey, I still love his music pre-Dog. I'm always happy to discuss Morrissey with people who love him or loathe him, but I take breaks from here because of the people who uncritically praise him no matter what, and because of the increase in people esposuing the same old far right tropes (e.g. gash; vegan.cro; reelfountain (they in particular were bang into COVID 19 conspiracy theories before they were put on a temp ban). I don't actually think that these people are, or ever were, serious Morrissey/Smiths fans who have devoted their lives to the music. I just don't see how you can be a Smiths fan and espouse establishment, far right nonsense. The two just do not go together.
When your only resort is to accuse people of being 'far right' or, much worse, not a 'serious fan', you only make yourself sound foolish. And if you haven't noticed that 'woke' is the establishment, you need to get your eyes tested.

good question. He prefers to be on a label, why? Could be something of nostalgia or glamour attached to it, a symbol of success, ego, the promotion and distribution the label could supply. Speculation, so don’t really know.

Of course in his current situation, it makes the most sense to self release. If he continues making records, he may be forced to someday.
For such an uncritical Moz defender you sure don't have a clue do you? He has explained his preference for old school record labels in detail more than once. (See his autobiography.) The answer as to why he prefers this is obvious. He's stuck in the past. He's a terribly insecure artist who feels naked without a recognized label's promotional department backing him up. He's also quite used to scapegoating these labels to cover up his obvious failures. It's an unhealthy addiction/co-dependence thing.

It's possible in 5 years he'll have 5 unreleased albums, no label, and still won't release material himself. He's that dotty.

Moz' best tunes have been with Alain. Honestly what i heard from BOT blows. Drop it and get the disc with Alain out first. Save Mozzer!
2023 (January decision)

1. Fire SER
2. Go to France to record with Lillywhite.
3 Forget BOT and prepare a 17 track LP
4 Launch a single campaign April to September ( 6 singles with a cover as Bside - Wedding Present inspired)
5 Release the new LP late October with new artwork and new cover with Capitol.
6 . Appoint me as a new manager

having spent years listening to the Smiths, it's just unsettling that a few on here espouse the very things that The Smiths were against (or at least appeared to be against). Such an odd combination.
The same accusation gets leveled at Morrissey himself from many quarters these days, (and is the reason a large chunk of the old fan base have dropped him) so it's hardly surprising to find fans with similar views.

For such an uncritical Moz defender you sure don't have a clue do you? He has explained his preference for old school record labels in detail more than once. (See his autobiography.) The answer as to why he prefers this is obvious. He's stuck in the past. He's a terribly insecure artist who feels naked without a recognized label's promotional department backing him up. He's also quite used to scapegoating these labels to cover up his obvious failures. It's an unhealthy addiction/co-dependence thing.

It's possible in 5 years he'll have 5 unreleased albums, no label, and still won't release material himself. He's that dotty.
The ways any of us prefer to do things, if subjected to the glare of public scrutiny, and shorn of our anonymous status, may soon begin to look ridiculous to at least some critics.

I really do not see why he has such a need for a label. What's to stop him from self distribution?
Two major issues come to mind:
1) Moz is old-school, and wants the prestige and marketing push of a major label. DIY would be a major climb down from past glories, and an admission that his career isn't doing as well as it was.
2) If he does it all himself with a DIY release, who is he going to rail at when it doesn't chart/sell as many copies as he thinks it should? There has to be a fall guy - someone else to take the blame when it all goes wrong.

The same accusation gets leveled at Morrissey himself from many quarters these days, (and is the reason a large chunk of the old fan base have dropped him) so it's hardly surprising to find fans with similar views.
Fans with similar views...i.e. people who believe in freedom of speech and freedom of thought. It could catch on in 2023. Who knows.

Tags
without music the world dies

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom