Morrissey Central “MORRISSEY 2023” (December 8, 2022)

Studio time is booked for January and February 2023 when Morrissey will record his new album WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES. The recording will be the fifth Morrissey album produced by ten Grammy winner Joe Chiccarelli , and the band continues to be Jesse Tobias, Gustavo Manzur, Alain Whyte, Juan Galeano and Brendan Buckley. The 12 songs were written by Morrissey with Alain Whyte, Jesse Tobias, Gustavo Manzur. There is no record label as yet for the project, and ways to attain global distribution are being researched.

Morrissey commented:

"The songs, of course, are magnificent, and even the relentless difficulties we have experienced recently are not enough to kill us off. "

Morrissey's last album release was 'I Am Not A Dog on a Chain' in March 2020, which charted at #1 in both Poland and Scotland, #3 in France and England.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about this today - The last Alain Whyte song we heard was Home is a Questionmark off Low In High School. I assume this was a YATQ / ROTM leave off and got adjusted by JC etc in the studio. No surprise that one of my favs songs from that album is written by AW.
Blimey I did not realise Whyte was involved. Amazing song, I love the break in it: "Home is it just a word?" or Is it something you carry within you?" etc

I felt fortunate to see/hear it live at Leeds 2020.

I was thinking about this today - The last Alain Whyte song we heard was Home is a Questionmark off Low In High School. I assume this was a YATQ / ROTM leave off and got adjusted by JC etc in the studio. No surprise that one of my favs songs from that album is written by AW.
Was that not Morrissey / Lopez?
Undoubtedly the best song on the album. The album itself was a bit of a dud.

Was that not Morrissey / Lopez?
Undoubtedly the best song on the album. The album itself was a bit of a dud.
Correct Morrissey / Lopez.

There is an unreleased Morrissey / Whyte track called the same thing. Maybe the lyrics are the same, who knows, what we do know is that Mando wrote the music for the version on LIHS.

Correct Morrissey / Lopez.

There is an unreleased Morrissey / Whyte track called the same thing. Maybe the lyrics are the same, who knows, what we do know is that Mando wrote the music for the version on LIHS.
Yes, indeed. An unreleased track from the Quarry sessions. It does make you wonder how much similarity there is between the 2 versions, lyrically and musically.

Sigh.

Is BoT going to be the 'great lost Morrissey album'? Another carrot dangled!
Would BoT be amenable to being adapted as a musical play? It contains some very strong themes. Maybe an option if hopes of getting it past the post fade?

You guys are being awfully negative.
Objectively speaking, this news is GREAT news delivered in a very anodyne manner. That it's eliciting so much criticism and backbiting is truly bizarre to me.

"Without Music The World Dies" is an absolutely magnificent name for a record and if I had to guess, this record will be another Morrissey magnum opus.
It is remarkable that after possibly years of criticising the style of Central's posts, this flawlessly professional statement gets virtually no credit. Well done, MCentral!! 🥇

Would BoT be amenable to being adapted as a musical play? It contains some very strong themes. Maybe an option if hopes of getting it past the post fade?

Live blu ray release would be good! Surely he can cobble that together and release it on Patreon or summat!

Haha, apologies, Robert! Not aimed at you my friend. I just think people need reminding that we're entitled to air positive and negative views RE Moz, and that it isn't a place for Morrissey!
Poor Moz! So you'd exclude him from the Morrissey-solo site? :flamethrow:

A few articles going around about this, maybe blogs not sure . One was Spin magazine
I think it may help him . It does make him seem quite courageous. You know "f*** you " I'll make music and tour anyway .
I am starting to agree that "BOT " could be the lost lp now .
I thought word would have come out about release date by now . I was hoping we could pre order by now

A few articles going around about this, maybe blogs not sure . One was Spin magazine
I think it may help him . It does make him seem quite courageous. You know "f*** you " I'll make music and tour anyway .
I am starting to agree that "BOT " could be the lost lp now .
I thought word would have come out about release date by now . I was hoping we could pre order by now
You'll get your BOT pre order 🎤🎼, keep the faith

You'll get your BOT pre order 🎤🎼, keep the faith
Lol , that almost made me fall off this ladder - trying to watch a YouTube video about wiring while on a lap top , on solo on the this cell phone . Hey who says men can't multitask

f*** yeah ,it will come out .
But when?!

Lol , that almost made me fall off this ladder - trying to watch a YouTube video about wiring while on a lap top , on solo on the this cell phone . Hey who says men can't multitask

f*** yeah ,it will come out .
But when?

Its so difficult to say when it will come out. Imo, the delay is all some kind of stunt to increase the buzz about it. I honestly don't think a single would have been released if there is no album. And I believe UMG has it and would not of bought it if they had reservations about releasing it. I mean they knew it was so called "controversial" before purchasing the rights. If they don't release it I'm sure Moz would have a strong legal position as surely it states they will release it in the contract.

Okay, I would say end of March earliest now. I'll predict it will be released in April though.

UMG may be sitting on it to see if anyone criticises them for signing Moz up. I mean six months down the line if the press kick off, its like bloody hell you knew we had the album in November 22, why did you not complain then?

Its so difficult to say when it will come out. Imo, the delay is all some kind of stunt to increase the buzz about it. I honestly don't think a single would have been released if there is no album. And I believe UMG has it and would not of bought it if they had reservations about releasing it. I mean they knew it was so called "controversial" before purchasing the rights. If they don't release it I'm sure Moz would have a strong legal position as surely it states they will release it in the contract.

Okay, I would say end of March earliest now. I'll predict it will be released in April though.

UMG may be sitting on it to see if anyone criticises them for signing Moz up. I mean six months down the line if the press kick off, its like bloody hell you knew we had the album in November 22, why did you not complain then?
I didn't know the date had been pushed until yesterday or I forgot . I need to cut down on wine. Lol
f***ing gutted I agree about the "single "
being a good sign but I was going by what the wife said (who worked in the record industry)
It's usually a couple of tracks released , then a proper single then LP . So I really had my heart set on Feb. Ah f*** it . I'll be back in the UK in Feb. I have tickets for a few suede gigs . I'll make do with that .

I didn't know the date had been pushed until yesterday or I forgot . I need to cut down on wine. Lol
f***ing gutted I agree about the "single "
being a good sign but I was going by what the wife said (who worked in the record industry)
It's usually a couple of tracks released , then a proper single then LP . So I really had my heart set on Feb. Ah f*** it . I'll be back in the UK in Feb. I have tickets for a few suede gigs . I'll make do with that .
Will be a good crack the old Suede.

I think its worth remembering that a Moz album is not just about Moz, there are lots of different musicians and staff involved and they all deserve recognition for their contributions on the album. Not releasing their work hinders their networking and career opportunities. It needs to be listened to and on their CV, or for across the pond, their resume.

What I said about Wilde was factual. He was convicted of gross indecency with men but the acts involved would leave him open to arrest and imprisonment in 2022. And the opprobrium of the social mediarati would probably be more censorious than the Victorian equivalent.
My tongue in cheek comment about groping was meant to emphasise the point that when I was 14 I was perfectly capable of deciding who touched me and who didn't and I certainly wouldn't have felt traumatised by someone making a clumsy pass at me.
Germaine Greer was spot on in her analysis of rape. The word describes a spectrum of behaviour from 'bad sex' all the way to a stranger attacking a woman in a dark alleyway. To suggest they are all equally 'evil' is absurd.

Germaine Greer's opinion on rape is irrelevant to this conversation, common sense and the law - if Morrissey agrees with her, his issues are more serious than I realized.

Pointing out something factual or (God forbid!) something that is common sense or something that could potentially play a part in possibly preventing the same kind of situation unfolding in future, does not mean it is automatically victim shaming. There are common sense conversations that need to happen to in order to better protect other children, and frequently those conversations are no longer happening. There are consequences.

Equally, something is not victim shaming by default, if enough people just yell it loudly enough from the trees.

Lastly, yes, interns at an office party for a professional services firm would likely be more safe, for a multitude of different reasons, than an underage teen going alone, to an adult entertainment industry party at night, in someone’s private residence.

Apples and bowling balls on that last point, but it was an irrelevant point anyway. Of course children should be safe everywhere, all of the time. How does pointing that out, when such a simplistic and obvious statement, help the situation or help address anything relevant?

I think that discussions are fine, whether we disagree or not, and I think discussing things with sycophants is fine and can be healthy, either one person or all involved in the discussion, and may actually lead to a decent outcome. We're also perfectly entitled to discuss almost whatever we want within the confines of this forum, so I'm not sure why you are so bothered by this and keeping repeating the same thing.

Having said what I said about sycophancy, from my own experience as a former Morrissey sycophant, I don't think it's healthy to be that obsessed with someone for so long, while uncritically supporting them, no matter what they say (case in point, the original discussion when he excused Spacey and Weinstein in 2017 - the original thread is eye opening). I think that one can lose a sense of who they are, to such an extent that one's personality becomes almost entirely about their love of that person, who you will likely never meet and will never know that you exist. Be a loving fan, by all means, but it's important to not lose oneself within that fandom, and look at your hero with some critical thinking.

I agree with you and I’m saying exactly the same thing, so you should understand what I’ve been saying, when I say …

I don't think it's healthy to be that hatefully obsessed with someone for so long,

And I think that one can lose a sense of who they are, to such an extent that one's personality becomes almost entirely about their hate of that person, who you will likely never meet and will never know that you exist.
They identify with this dislike for a singer, and come here to be congratulated and have their egos stroked by other haters.

It is NO different. But still they go on with their relentless venting while adding nothing constructive or making no discussion healthy.

Yeah, I don't actually mind speaking to K-hole, but I'm also not sure what their aim is here, or what they want Morrissey solo to be and why think they can judge having a simple discussion, with no animosity (at least from my end) as being unhealthy.

btw, nowhere in this thread did I bring up the topic of ‘simple discussion’ nor did I ever judge engaging in ‘simple discussion’ as unhealthy. And why resort to name calling? I thought you were better than that.

redacted my fan favorite! Lol

Last edited:
I agree with you and I’m saying exactly the same thing, so you should understand what I’ve been saying, when I say …

I don't think it's healthy to be that hatefully obsessed with someone for so long,

And I think that one can lose a sense of who they are, to such an extent that one's personality becomes almost entirely about their hate of that person, who you will likely never meet and will never know that you exist.
They identify with this dislike for a singer, and come here to be congratulated and have their egos stroked by other haters.

It is NO different. But still they go on with their relentless venting while adding nothing constructive or making no discussion healthy.

btw, nowhere in this thread did I bring up the topic of ‘simple discussion’ nor did I ever judge engaging in ‘simple discussion’ as unhealthy. And why resort to name calling? I thought you were better than that.

Where have I said I hated Morrissey? I thought you were quite reasonable, but I'm pretty disappointed that you're now just making things up. Have I offended you somehow? I'd agree that people who hate obsessively are also unhealthy - they're the other side on the coin with the sycophants.

The K-hole thing wasn't an insult by the way. It's a nice way of shortening your name.

That thought had crossed my mind, but I just like to see the best in people, unlike some here, and unlike the man this site is the centre of.
The conversations can be about anything as long as they are on topic, criticism of Morrissey is definitely allowed, even if someone else wants to moan about other posters posts constantly. I felt bad seeing you blame autism when I think you completely understood what was being said to you. You were being trolled. I understand wanting to see the best in people, but people don't always show us their best, incl Morrissey. He is a hard topic lately, he is doing a lot of things that ultimately hurt him or will hurt him, it's completely normal to discuss it, just like we recently discussed what seemed to be victories, like the record deal, the touring, etc. I don't think there are many people here who are relentlessly negative about Morrissey, there is basically one poster who he and he does not bother me at all, he is entitled to his opinion too. You are doing fine.

@StalinsPipe nowhere in my above post did I say or imply you hated Morrissey.

Tags
without music the world dies

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom