Morrissey Central “MORRISSEY 2023” (December 8, 2022)

Studio time is booked for January and February 2023 when Morrissey will record his new album WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES. The recording will be the fifth Morrissey album produced by ten Grammy winner Joe Chiccarelli , and the band continues to be Jesse Tobias, Gustavo Manzur, Alain Whyte, Juan Galeano and Brendan Buckley. The 12 songs were written by Morrissey with Alain Whyte, Jesse Tobias, Gustavo Manzur. There is no record label as yet for the project, and ways to attain global distribution are being researched.

Morrissey commented:

"The songs, of course, are magnificent, and even the relentless difficulties we have experienced recently are not enough to kill us off. "

Morrissey's last album release was 'I Am Not A Dog on a Chain' in March 2020, which charted at #1 in both Poland and Scotland, #3 in France and England.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed that justice does also mean justice for the accused, but as of right now, Harvey Weinstein is guilty, and is facing further charges in a court case that has just closed. Morrissey defended, and you are defending, a man who was found guilty after a wealth of evidence and victim testimony was provided and heard in court.

It's worth noting that even legal justice doesn't necessarily mean proper justice. Take, for example, the case of O.J. Simpson. Everyone knows he did it, and he even heavily alluded to him committing murder in his book, yet he was found not guilty by a jury, although he was found guilty in the civil case. Powerful men, with lots of money, can very easily buy justice with good, expensive legal representatives (especially in the USA) something which isn't always accessible by the victims.

In any case, it's always important to listen to victims in these cases.

And your tale of being groped at 14, if you were fine with being sexually assaulted (by legal definitions) as a minor then that's up to you, but most people do not think that's ok, and rightly so. Just because you think it was fine to be groped as child, it doesn't mean that others should, it doesn't mean that they should be ignored at the expense of the perpetrator and it doesn't mean that perpetrators should be convicted.
Not sure how I have 'defended' Weinstein? His lawyer does that and I'm sure gets paid very well for doing so.
I wasn't groped as a 14 year old. I was making a joke. Shock! Horror! Making a joke about being groped. May I burn in hell.

Morrissey Solo isn't for Morrissey, including him seeing the posts and/or changing him. It's for us, the fans of his music, to discuss him, as davidt said himself.

And yeah, it's still healthy discussion. I can't say I'm so sensitive that discussing these things is going to give me a heart attack or give me restless nights.

Discussions fine, but I just don’t see the relentless venting on topics as a healthy benefit to anyone. Now that’s weird. Especially when folks post as if their opinions are going to magically change Morrissey or anyone’s opinion.

But you did seem to have a problem with opinions you would call sycophantic and uncritical praise, why is that? They’re just
harmless opinions adding to the healthy discussion here on solo, no?

redacted loves my posts, lol

Last edited:
I get that you might feel that way personally, and that's great. But what you're talking about was a comeback period. A comeback from what? From the greatest period, 1988-1997. ;)
No, a comeback the wilderness years of 1998-2003. 😎
But sure, I get it. I wasn’t a fan in those years (I was a small fat child from a welfare house…), but I get why many people love that period. Musically and artistically, it’s his best period.

Discussions fine, but I just don’t see the relentless venting on topics as a healthy benefit to anyone. Now that’s weird. Especially when folks post as if their opinions are going to magically change Morrissey or anyone’s opinion.

But you did seem to have a problem with opinions you would call sycophantic and uncritical praise, why is that? They’re just
Oh please, obviously you want to troll so you get a reaction. It's always the same posts: "But that won't change Morrissey", "Oh, but if Morrissey did something different, there would also be critics...". It's pretty tiring to be honest. But maybe that's the goal.How do you want morrissey-solo then? I haven't heard you saying something constructive at this point.

Do you need the fans to do a collective fund me page to produce your BOT and the new album Morrissey? ? ...I'm in.

Let me be churlish and suggest that ‘Without releases, the albums die’.

Morrissey is pushing on and I’m consistently impressed and amused by the prolific output and the bravado proclamations of career best material. Eventually, however, we do need to hear this music. If it so good, then we would love to hear it.

Let me be churlish and suggest that ‘Without releases, the albums die’.

Morrissey is pushing on and I’m consistently impressed and amused by the prolific output and the bravado proclamations of career best material. Eventually, however, we do need to hear this music. If it so good, then we would love to hear it.
Absolutely - just get the music out there for people to download digitally. I know that probably upsets Morrissey to his soul - but better out there digitally than for it never to see the light of day. And do a few TV interviews to promote the music - on those channels that will have him. The ones that haven't gone woke.

I think that discussions are fine, whether we disagree or not, and I think discussing things with sycophants is fine and can be healthy, either one person or all involved in the discussion, and may actually lead to a decent outcome. We're also perfectly entitled to discuss almost whatever we want within the confines of this forum, so I'm not sure why you are so bothered by this and keeping repeating the same thing.

Having said what I said about sycophancy, from my own experience as a former Morrissey sycophant, I don't think it's healthy to be that obsessed with someone for so long, while uncritically supporting them, no matter what they say (case in point, the original discussion when he excused Spacey and Weinstein in 2017 - the original thread is eye opening). I think that one can lose a sense of who they are, to such an extent that one's personality becomes almost entirely about their love of that person, who you will likely never meet and will never know that you exist. Be a loving fan, by all means, but it's important to not lose oneself within that fandom, and look at your hero with some critical thinking.

It’s been a while since I read that interview but it didn’t come across as Morrissey victim-shaming the young boy, more that he was asking where the parents were & why their 14 yr old son was left to attend adult parties like that. Yes, Spacey was the predator but don’t the parents have some responsibility to protect their child?

For the record, I have no doubts that Spacey was guilty of all he was accused of. In the early 00’s one of my friends worked as a magician at Harrod’s & attended a number of the parties where Spacey was accused of committing his crimes. Many times my friend spoke about Spacey constantly disappearing into bedrooms with young guys; everybody was aware that it was happening. So yeh, when the accusations first became public, I wasn’t surprised.

Ah, sorry your friend had to put up with Spacey, even if they weren't a victim themself. Can't imagine it was pleasant being around that man.

Oh please, obviously you want to troll so you get a reaction. It's always the same posts: "But that won't change Morrissey", "Oh, but if Morrissey did something different, there would also be critics...". It's pretty tiring to be honest. But maybe that's the goal.How do you want morrissey-solo then? I haven't heard you saying something constructive at this point.

Yeah, I don't actually mind speaking to K-hole, but I'm also not sure what their aim is here, or what they want Morrissey solo to be and why think they can judge having a simple discussion, with no animosity (at least from my end) as being unhealthy.

It's worth repeating again that this place isn't for Morrissey. It's for us, the fans, to discuss almost whatever we like about Morrissey (obvs nothing libellous), whether it's positive or negative, and it's up to each individual to deem whether our involvement is healthy or not.

I'm perfectly fine and healthy discussing these topics, but if Ket doesn't think it's healthy, then they can very simply disengage from the discussion and walk away, something I would always recommend, no matter the conversation or activity at hand, when it comes to the internet.

Absolutely - just get the music out there for people to download digitally. I know that probably upsets Morrissey to his soul - but better out there digitally than for it never to see the light of day. And do a few TV interviews to promote the music - on those channels that will have him. The ones that haven't gone woke.

Not sure which channels have gone "woke" or why being "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination" is a bad thing, but I absolutely agree that he needs to release digitally and self publish.

If he wants to attract potential new fans to his gigs, he needs to actually release some music for them to listen to, and make it good music while he's at it, not the awful Dog On a Chain, which I can imagine contributed to him losing his record deal, amongst other factors.

I think that discussions are fine, whether we disagree or not, and I think discussing things with sycophants is fine and can be healthy, either one person or all involved in the discussion, and may actually lead to a decent outcome. We're also perfectly entitled to discuss almost whatever we want within the confines of this forum, so I'm not sure why you are so bothered by this and keeping repeating the same thing.

Having said what I said about sycophancy, from my own experience as a former Morrissey sycophant, I don't think it's healthy to be that obsessed with someone for so long, while uncritically supporting them, no matter what they say (case in point, the original discussion when he excused Spacey and Weinstein in 2017 - the original thread is eye opening). I think that one can lose a sense of who they are, to such an extent that one's personality becomes almost entirely about their love of that person, who you will likely never meet and will never know that you exist. Be a loving fan, by all means, but it's important to not lose oneself within that fandom, and look at your hero with some critical thinking.
The point that you’re entirely missing in every single one of your posts where you take the time to type out these responses and the point that whooshes straight over the top of your head is that there are plenty of people who are not sycophants just because they disagree with you

Yeah, I don't actually mind speaking to K-hole, but I'm also not sure what their aim is here, or what they want Morrissey solo to be and why think they can judge having a simple discussion, with no animosity (at least from my end) as being unhealthy.

It's worth repeating again that this place isn't for Morrissey. It's for us, the fans, to discuss almost whatever we like about Morrissey (obvs nothing libellous), whether it's positive or negative, and it's up to each individual to deem whether our involvement is healthy or not.

I'm perfectly fine and healthy discussing these topics, but if Ket doesn't think it's healthy, then they can very simply disengage from the discussion and walk away, something I would always recommend, no matter the conversation or activity at hand, when it comes to the internet.
Thanks for confirming twice who this website is for 😂 I'll stay logged in

Thanks for confirming twice who this website is for 😂 I'll stay logged in
Haha, apologies, Robert! Not aimed at you my friend. I just think people need reminding that we're entitled to air positive and negative views RE Moz, and that it isn't a place for Morrissey!

Haha, apologies, Robert! Not aimed at you my friend. I just think people need reminding that we're entitled to air positive and negative views RE Moz, and that it isn't a place for Morrissey!
I understood this place was for anyone who could access it or may have access to it in the future. Including Morrissey himself (if he does who knows? 🤷‍♂️). Oh yeah, the more points of view the merrier.

Not sure which channels have gone "woke" or why being "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination" is a bad thing, but I absolutely agree that he needs to release digitally and self publish.

If he wants to attract potential new fans to his gigs, he needs to actually release some music for them to listen to, and make it good music while he's at it, not the awful Dog On a Chain, which I can imagine contributed to him losing his record deal, amongst other factors.
I thought Dog was his best album since Quarry. And from what we have heard of BOT it's up there with Dog. Moz is on fire.

I understood this place was for anyone who could access it or may have access to it in the future. Including Morrissey himself (if he does who knows? 🤷‍♂️). Oh yeah, the more points of view the merrier.
Oh, I meant not for Morrissey in the sense that this isn't a site in order to put Morrissey on a pedestal, but rather about Morrissey, in almost every aspect.

There are very few 'sycophants' on here from what I can see. Most people take a critical stance - in the true sense of that word - to Moz and his music and his views, but also to the media pack who attack Moz and throw labels at him.
I have never been a supporter of Moz's fairly extreme stance on 'animal rights' for example. I'm a vegetarian, I support compassion for animals, and for the environment, but I don't think animals have rights. If you go down that 'speciesism' route, you start comparing factory farming to the Holocaust, and I just don't think that is helpful.
But it's fine to disagree. I love The Dead Kennedys. Jello Biafra has said all sorts of things about politics over the years - some of which I agree with and some of which I disagree with. Has no bearing on what I think about Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables.

I was thinking about this today - The last Alain Whyte song we heard was Home is a Questionmark off Low In High School. I assume this was a YATQ / ROTM leave off and got adjusted by JC etc in the studio. No surprise that one of my favs songs from that album is written by AW.

Tags
without music the world dies

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom