Morrissey Central “MORRISSEY 2023” (December 8, 2022)

Studio time is booked for January and February 2023 when Morrissey will record his new album WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES. The recording will be the fifth Morrissey album produced by ten Grammy winner Joe Chiccarelli , and the band continues to be Jesse Tobias, Gustavo Manzur, Alain Whyte, Juan Galeano and Brendan Buckley. The 12 songs were written by Morrissey with Alain Whyte, Jesse Tobias, Gustavo Manzur. There is no record label as yet for the project, and ways to attain global distribution are being researched.

Morrissey commented:

"The songs, of course, are magnificent, and even the relentless difficulties we have experienced recently are not enough to kill us off. "

Morrissey's last album release was 'I Am Not A Dog on a Chain' in March 2020, which charted at #1 in both Poland and Scotland, #3 in France and England.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this entire post is despicable and just wrong. For reference, I am a lawyer, I have worked on these kind of cases, so I have plenty of experience here. And for the record, Morrissey most certainly did victim blame. That is not being woke, that is a fact. He blamed a 14 year old for just being there. Spacey being found not guilty years later is irrelevant to this conversation because at the time Morrissey made his comments, Spacey had apologized and had not denied the accusations. Your Wilde history needs a lot of work. Weinstein was convicted, noticed you didn't touch that one. However, your comments about make unwanted sexual advances toward someone is 'a good night out' probably says it all. What you described is fourth degree sexual assault, and it is a crime.
What I said about Wilde was factual. He was convicted of gross indecency with men but the acts involved would leave him open to arrest and imprisonment in 2022. And the opprobrium of the social mediarati would probably be more censorious than the Victorian equivalent.
My tongue in cheek comment about groping was meant to emphasise the point that when I was 14 I was perfectly capable of deciding who touched me and who didn't and I certainly wouldn't have felt traumatised by someone making a clumsy pass at me.
Germaine Greer was spot on in her analysis of rape. The word describes a spectrum of behaviour from 'bad sex' all the way to a stranger attacking a woman in a dark alleyway. To suggest they are all equally 'evil' is absurd.

It's still with Capital. It's just that Capital seems to not consider it important. I do not think they are listening to any of M's ideas or plans.
He must sit there at night and deeply regret the shit he gave to these record companies who worked their arse off for him. Those days, for now, are long gone. It's tragic as BMG was gonna put in the work but what does he do, on his very first public appearance, start talking about UKIP , then For Britain, Then immigration, then Germany being a rape capital, then he started moaning about the record company. LOL and the arse-licking cheered him on.
Record companies stick with artists who rap about killing black men, WAP, any and all kinds of debauchery... with artists who have taken part in violence, drugs, and even murder.... selling it to kids etc. But having an opinion on immigration is a line too far? The labels can go f*** right off with their self righteousness. He should have went indie long ago.

Dear Morrissey! If you are still reading...I have loved The Smiths since I first got "Hatful of Hollow" on vinyl for christmas after it's first release. I had never heard anything like it, and I have been a fan of The Smiths and you ever since. I remember being on holiday in London when we read about The Smiths' break-up in NME. I remember you touching my hand from the stage playing live in Oslo...or was it Gothenburg...or Manchester...or London..!? Of course I have all The Smiths' records, singles box, cd box, and of course I have all your albums on vinyl and cds. And the 12-inch singles. And loads of the singles compilations bought on ebay. And the t shirts. I read this website several times every day. Recently I have also began to check out artists and news on Capitol Records several times daily. Why, do you think? Before we all get mad, and while the world still WILL listen...why not inform us about the Bonfire, about Capitol - give us some dates and details! We suffer now. We do suffer now. Thank you very much!
I have nowhere near as much merch as you do 😂, good man 👏🏻. I second that Moz. Let us have a release date for Bonfire of teenagers please x

Please please please let us get what we want!

I don't get this anti-"wokeness" talk. That's just a label you stick to the other side to justify your -lets say highly debatable- points. I mean for real. Times changed for the better in this regard because victims now can speak up and get a voice and it's not covered up so much or belittled as before. That's PROGRESS. I mean holy shit, there were times when you were beheaded for looking the wrong way should we bring that back also? And yes- touching someone in inappropriate places without their permission is not acceptable and what gives someone "trauma" (why putting it in quotation marks anyway- because it doesn't "exist"?) is also highly individual. "A good night out" being groped as a teenager???!!! I'm sorry that you were not able to set boundaries or you really find it ok but that's your view then. And by the way M also talks in his autobiography about inappropriate behaviour of teachers in this regard and he didn't like it so he should be on the same page with progress because I think he neither wants to be treated like that again ever.

Yeah but Mimi, it's "woke" to want justice for victims of rape and sexual assault, didn't you know? How dare you want victims to be recognised and seek justice, and for perpetrators to be prosecuted!!!

This is a heavily sarcastic post, btw.

Oh, I know he doesn't visit here now, and I never said he did. But sycophants still sycophant. I particularly remember people going out of their way to defend him when he victim shamed the victims of Spacey and Weinstein, which was a low point.

Yes. But if we’ve both come to the understanding that Morrissey doesn’t visit solo, then what do those comments by ‘sycophants’ have to do with Morrissey?

He doesn’t see them, so how would those posts benefit or support him in a way that allows him to continue being who he is?

By the way, I enjoy our little chats. You're alright to speak to, unlike some others on here!

(y)

Lest you forget...

On Thursday, following a three-week civil trial in a Manhattan federal court, a jury found that Mr Rapp had not proved his claim that Mr Spacey had made an unwanted sexual advance.

Moz made it quite clear that he found the idea of coercing anyone into sex abhorrent. He didn't 'victim shame' anyone. What woke jargon you use. He certainly doesn't bow down and worship at the altar of 'victimhood' as you seem to do. He probably had enough of that being brought up a Catholic. Moz merely pointed out that sex, and the morality of sex, is grey, not black and white. It's why juries across the world often struggle to convict in such cases. And the evidence is consistent that in sex cases a female juror is less likely to convict than a male juror. So to blame it on 'the patriarchy' just doesn't explain it. It's because women are smart and understand better the complexities and nuances of human interactions.
Also consider that every night of his current tour, Moz has sang IBEH to a backdrop of Oscar Wilde. Wilde was not convicted for 'being gay', as we like to tell ourselves, patting ourselves on the back for being a 'more tolerant' age. He was convicted for paying young men to have sex with him. Several of the young men were 'under age' by current consent laws. If Wilde were alive today, he could be convicted and shamed all over again. In reality we have become more moralistic about sex, not less. Strange, considering we are supposedly more 'secular' and less religious. It is a strange world where pinching someone's bottom is a 'sex crime' that causes the victim 'trauma'. When I was a teenager, being groped in a crowded bar would be described as a good night out.

Morrissey did, unfortunately, blame a victim, who was 14 years old at the time. Rather than questioning why a grown man was groping a young boy, he wondered why Rapp, minor at the time, had supposedly put himself in that situation. It's also worth nothing at Rapp wasn't the only victim, and that Spacey is also due to appear in court in the UK in 2023, facing 11 charges, involving at least 4 victims. Furthermore, it's worth mentioning that conviction rates for rape and sexual assault are very low in the UK, and that the police only recorded 1 in 100 reports in 2021. However, the good news is that convictions for sexual assault are increasing, but evidence thresholds are still high and it's still incredibly difficult for victims to find justice.

You also missed out the bit where Morrissey defended Weinstein (who was convicted):

"The singer also cast doubt on the dozens of women who have accused film producer Harvey Weinstein of assault.

"People know exactly what's going on and they play along".

"Afterwards, they feel embarrassed or disliked. And then they turn it around and say: 'I was attacked, I was surprised'.

"But if everything went well, and if it had given them a great career, they would not talk about it."

"I hate rape... But in many cases, one looks at the circumstances and thinks that the person who is considered a victim is merely disappointed."

This last bit is like saying "I'm not racist, but...". It just totally takes out any weight behind your words when you're saying you against something. If Morrissey truly did "hate" rape, he wouldn't be going out of his way to make excuses for said rapists.

While Wilde would almost certainly be charged and prosecuted for paying for sex in 2022, he wouldn't be charged with "gross indecency", which was a legal term used to charge and prosecute gay men, like Wilde, Turing etc. It's also unlikely he'd be charged for sex with an underage person (as long as it was consensual), as the age of consent was 16 at the time, like it is now. Any men convicted under gross indecency for any consensual, private sexual acts were pardoned in 2017 under the Alan Turing Law. So no, it's not quite as clear cut as you make out.

Considering that people like Jimmy Savile got away with rape for years, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that other wealthy men, like Spacey, get away with their crimes.

Also, defending these people is just weird, frankly.

Last edited:
Yeah but Mimi, it's "woke" to want justice for victims of rape and sexual assault, didn't you know? How dare you want victims to be recognised and seek justice, and for perpetrators to be prosecuted!!!

This is a heavily sarcastic post, btw.
We all want justice. But for everyone surely? Not just for those who make an allegation. The accused deserve justice too.
Spacey was cleared of sexual assault in the Rapp case. Weinstein is on appeal and there are reports in the media he may be a free man sooner rather than later. He was clearly a slimeball, that is beyond doubt.
Justice isn't denying that there is some grey when it come to human interactions, especially in the bedroom.

EXCLUSIVE! Working titles for songs on WMTWD

Side One
The Price of Custard Disgusts Me
Ena Sharples on the Game
LA LA LA LA LA LA LA - Not Listening
Under a Tram on Market Street
Funeral Blues (A Free Parker Pen)

Side Two
Reach Around, Fiona!
Bostick in my Quiff
It's Really, Really Over, Boz
I Suppose You Can't Choose Your Nephews
Dinghies in the Channel
Cancelled Due to Band Illness
(Reprise) Whatever You Say It Is, Fiona!

We all want justice. But for everyone surely? Not just for those who make an allegation. The accused deserve justice too.
Spacey was cleared of sexual assault in the Rapp case. Weinstein is on appeal and there are reports in the media he may be a free man sooner rather than later. He was clearly a slimeball, that is beyond doubt.
Justice isn't denying that there is some grey when it come to human interactions, especially in the bedroom.

Agreed that justice does also mean justice for the accused, but as of right now, Harvey Weinstein is guilty, and is facing further charges in a court case that has just closed. Morrissey defended, and you are defending, a man who was found guilty after a wealth of evidence and victim testimony was provided and heard in court.

It's worth noting that even legal justice doesn't necessarily mean proper justice. Take, for example, the case of O.J. Simpson. Everyone knows he did it, and he even heavily alluded to him committing murder in his book, yet he was found not guilty by a jury, although he was found guilty in the civil case. Powerful men, with lots of money, can very easily buy justice with good, expensive legal representatives (especially in the USA) something which isn't always accessible by the victims.

In any case, it's always important to listen to victims in these cases.

And your tale of being groped at 14, if you were fine with being sexually assaulted (by legal definitions) as a minor then that's up to you, but most people do not think that's ok, and rightly so. Just because you think it was fine to be groped as child, it doesn't mean that others should, it doesn't mean that they should be ignored at the expense of the perpetrator and it doesn't mean that perpetrators shouldn't be convicted.

Last edited:
Morrissey did, unfortunately, blame a victim, who was 14 years old at the time. Rather than questioning why a grown man was groping a young boy, he wondered why Rapp, minor at the time, had supposedly put himself in that situation. It's also worth nothing at Rapp wasn't the only victim, and that Spacey is also due to appear in court in the UK in 2023, facing 11 charges, involving at least 4 victims. Furthermore, it's worth mentioning that conviction rates for rape and sexual assault are very low in the UK, and that the police only recorded 1 in 100 reports in 2021. However, the good news is that convictions for sexual assault are increasing, but evidence thresholds are still high and it's still incredibly difficult for victims to find justice.

You also missed out the bit where Morrissey defended Weinstein (who was convicted):

"The singer also cast doubt on the dozens of women who have accused film producer Harvey Weinstein of assault.

"People know exactly what's going on and they play along".

"Afterwards, they feel embarrassed or disliked. And then they turn it around and say: 'I was attacked, I was surprised'.

"But if everything went well, and if it had given them a great career, they would not talk about it."

"I hate rape... But in many cases, one looks at the circumstances and thinks that the person who is considered a victim is merely disappointed."

This last bit is like saying "I'm not racist, but...". It just totally takes out any weight behind your words when you're saying you against something. If Morrissey truly did "hate" rape, he wouldn't be going out of his way to make excuses for said rapists.

While Wilde would almost certainly be charged and prosecuted for paying for sex in 2022, he wouldn't be charged with "gross indecency", which was a legal term used to charge and prosecute gay men, like Wilde, Turing etc. It's also unlikely he'd be charged for sex with an underage person (as long as it was consensual), as the age of consent was 16 at the time, like it is now. Any men convicted under gross indecency for any consensual, private sexual acts were pardoned in 2017 under the Alan Turing Law. So no, it's not quite as clear cut as you make out.

Considering that people like Jimmy Savile got away with rape for years, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that other wealthy men, like Spacey, get away with their crimes.

Also, defending these people is just weird, frankly.

weird perspectives from ‘weird uncles’ lol what are ya gonna do?

Yes. But if we’ve both come to the understanding that Morrissey doesn’t visit solo, then what do those comments by ‘sycophants’ have to do with Morrissey?

He doesn’t see them, so how would those posts benefit or support him in a way that allows him to continue being who he is?

(y)

But it’s all good I guess, ‘harmless’ posts that won’t change Morrissey, that’s for sure. In the end it’s just ‘healthy discussion’, supposedly.

redacted loves my posts, lol

Last edited:

But it’s all good I guess, ‘harmless’ posts that won’t change Morrissey, that’s for sure. In the end it’s just ‘healthy discussion’, supposedly.

Morrissey Solo isn't for Morrissey, including him seeing the posts and/or changing him. It's for us, the fans of his music, to discuss him, as davidt said himself.

And yeah, it's still healthy discussion. I can't say I'm so sensitive that discussing these things is going to give me a heart attack or give me restless nights.

Surely not? An ego as brittle and enormous as M's would suggest he's here a lot. . . .

Surely not? An ego as brittle and enormous as M's would suggest he's here a lot. . . .
Not sure if he is any more. Hopefully not, for his sake, as it can't surely be good for his mental health.

But he certainly was, at the very least, aware of the site and things posted here, if not actively visiting it himself. As you'll already know, it all culminated in davidt being banned from Morrissey gigs for life, so it's safe to say he hates this place and likely doesn't understand that it's not for him, it's for us, the fans, something which some posters here (whether they are pro or anti Morrissey) also fail to understand.

Side One
Ena Sharples on the Game

Side Two
Reach Around, Fiona!
Bostick in my Quiff
Dinghies in the Channel
Hahaha 🤩👏🏻

Side One
Ena Sharples on the Game

Side Two
Reach Around, Fiona!
Bostick in my Quiff
Dinghies in the Channel
Now that you mention it the price of custard really does disgust me

The greatest time to be a Moz fan was 2004-2006/7. He was everywhere, everybody loved him, he seemed to love life and doing what he did, he released great music - and I was young. These past ten years or so have truly been the worst years in my Morrissey fandom.
I get that you might feel that way personally, and that's great. But what you're talking about was a comeback period. A comeback from what? From the greatest period, 1988-1997. ;)

Tags
without music the world dies

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom