Morrissey Central “MORRISSEY 2023” (December 8, 2022)

Studio time is booked for January and February 2023 when Morrissey will record his new album WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES. The recording will be the fifth Morrissey album produced by ten Grammy winner Joe Chiccarelli , and the band continues to be Jesse Tobias, Gustavo Manzur, Alain Whyte, Juan Galeano and Brendan Buckley. The 12 songs were written by Morrissey with Alain Whyte, Jesse Tobias, Gustavo Manzur. There is no record label as yet for the project, and ways to attain global distribution are being researched.

Morrissey commented:

"The songs, of course, are magnificent, and even the relentless difficulties we have experienced recently are not enough to kill us off. "

Morrissey's last album release was 'I Am Not A Dog on a Chain' in March 2020, which charted at #1 in both Poland and Scotland, #3 in France and England.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
I surrendered twenty years ago, but peace has long since left me.

then go raging into the fog, if you must. Either way, Morrissey welcomes you.

redacted loves my posts, lol

Last edited:
You guys are being awfully negative.
Objectively speaking, this news is GREAT news delivered in a very anodyne manner. That it's eliciting so much criticism and backbiting is truly bizarre to me.

"Without Music The World Dies" is an absolutely magnificent name for a record and if I had to guess, this record will be another Morrissey magnum opus.

Last edited:
then go raging into the fog, if you must. Either way, Morrissey welcomes you.
I know he does, the f***er. Bless him and damn him simultaneously.

You have to hand it to Morrissey for his persistence. Whatever his issues with labels, the guy has no intention of surrendering, delivering his most bombastic album title yet - that’s saying something.

What a great title for an album. It does have the ring though of the sort of album an artist might make as their last...a swan song.
I love the line 'ways to attain global distribution are being researched' - Google will tell you in 2 minutes how to release music without a record label.

I think the record is going to be great. Morrissey can do whatever he wants. Leave him alone.
Im not attacking you when I say this but I do not know why you feel the need to act like everything is brilliant , when It's obviously not. You aren't helping him. It doesn't mean you love and are connected to him more than anyone else just because you go along with whatever he says.
It's the opposite, in fact.
I get you like the guy but can't you see its 'mericans like you who settle for so little and accept everything he does as "great" that have helped get him here? A friend of mine used to always go on about American fame not being healthy and I thought he was being a dick but hes right,
You lot treat people like gods and you follow them with no question. This for someone like M is lethal. You mix American fame with leaching yes men and what do you get ? M and Ye

What a great title for an album. It does have the ring though of the sort of album an artist might make as their last...a swan song.
I love the line 'ways to attain global distribution are being researched' - Google will tell you in 2 minutes how to release music without a record label.
SER: Uncle, what shall we say on Central about how the album's going to come out?
Morrissey: Oh god, just put something about, I dunno, ways to attain global distribution are being researched. Make something up. Make it sound semi-official if you like.
SER (5 mins later, typing into Central): "Ways to attain global distribution are being researched."

Im not attacking you when I say this but I do not know why you feel the need to act like everything is brilliant , when It's obviously not. You aren't helping him. It doesn't mean you love and are connected to him more than anyone else just because you go along with whatever he says.
I get you like the guy but can't you see its 'mericans like you who settle for so little and accept everything he does as "great" that have helped get him here? A friend of mine used to always go on about American fame not being healthy and I thought he was being a dick but hes right,
You lot treat people like gods and you follow them with no question. This for someone like M is lethal. You mix American fame with leaching yes men and what do you get ? M and Ye

And how do you think your ‘positive’ criticism of him on solo, are going to help him?

Last edited:

I dont go along with whatever he says. I don't even know the guy. Nor do I feel attacked by you. I'm just stating facts. This is good news.

Do I think that he should develop a real website that is NOT a Tumblr. Sure. Do I think he should have a better comms strategy ? Sure. Is it fine the way it is now? Sure.

My point is, this is fine. The songs have held up over time, as has his voice - which is a miracle. Isnt that enough?

Where is his self-reflection, or does he have any at all?

That’s not the point.

So how do you think people’s ‘positive’ criticism of him on solo, are going to help him?

Last edited:
No Dirk was criticizing another members positive post.

And so I wonder why does he/you think being negative about Morrissey on solo helps Morrissey?
He makes himself even more ridiculous with every new statement on Central and he can't give that many live concerts to put that into perspective again.
And if no one from his team can say it then you can read it here, if you are open to change.

So much doom and gloom.

As Morrissey stated, music is his life. Its all there is for him. It makes him happy and he's making more. That makes me happy, as I like listening to his music an awful lot.

I make music too, but nobody listens to it. It still makes me happy because I like making music.

Why worry about everything else?

Tags
without music the world dies

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom