Morrissey Central “MORRISSEY 2023” (December 8, 2022)

Studio time is booked for January and February 2023 when Morrissey will record his new album WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES. The recording will be the fifth Morrissey album produced by ten Grammy winner Joe Chiccarelli , and the band continues to be Jesse Tobias, Gustavo Manzur, Alain Whyte, Juan Galeano and Brendan Buckley. The 12 songs were written by Morrissey with Alain Whyte, Jesse Tobias, Gustavo Manzur. There is no record label as yet for the project, and ways to attain global distribution are being researched.

Morrissey commented:

"The songs, of course, are magnificent, and even the relentless difficulties we have experienced recently are not enough to kill us off. "

Morrissey's last album release was 'I Am Not A Dog on a Chain' in March 2020, which charted at #1 in both Poland and Scotland, #3 in France and England.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that there is no label and that he doesn’t even mention BOT is DIRE. Further into the fog he falls…

"...ways to attain global distribution are being researched."

Record label: Sam Esty Rayner's YouTube channel
Album artwork, photography, and music video director: Sam Esty Rayner
PR and comms: Fiona Dodwell's Medium blog

Posted minutes prior elsewhere:

FWD.

I know everything in Morrisseyworld is an unholy mess right now, but this makes me incredibly happy. More songs to hear (somehow? eventually?), to discuss, to fall in love with, to be truly disappointed by, to love/hate the production on, to never hear on the radio, etc...

It's a strange, creative, ****ed up time to be a Morrissey fan, and I love it.

(Also: this is a wonderful album title.)

I know everything in Morrisseyworld is an unholy mess right now, but this makes me incredibly happy. More songs to hear (somehow? eventually?), to discuss, to fall in love with, to be truly disappointed by, to love/hate the production on, to never hear on the radio, etc...

How can you love such a Mad Max scenario?
I see it the other way around. He no longer has a safe harbor like he had during in his best phase (with EMI) and is in severe distress on the open sea with old uncle "10 times Grammy winner" Joe at the helm.

How can you love such a Mad Max scenario?
I see it the other way around. He no longer has a safe harbor like he did in his best phase (with EMI) and is in severe distress on the open sea with Uncle Joe at the helm.
Oh I totally get where you're coming from, and I know your well-documented disdain for Uncle Joe's work. But...it's more stuff! I live in eternal hope that some of it might be extraordinary...

Pleased to hear this news.
Not sure how things work in the music world, but was wondering, in the absence of any record deal/record label (still), who pays the musicians, the producer, and studio time? Does Moz cover these costs?

Not sure how things work in the music world, but was wondering, in the absence of any record deal/record label (still), who pays the musicians, the producer, and studio time? Does Moz cover these costs?
That would seem the most likely scenario.

He's a millionaire since the early 90s.

The fact that there is no label and that he doesn’t even mention BOT is DIRE. Further into the fog he falls…

and yet, into the fog we all follow.

redacted loves my posts, lol

Last edited:

Yes yes yes ❤️👏🏻

Tags
without music the world dies

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom