Morrissey Central “MORRISSEY 2023” (December 8, 2022)

Studio time is booked for January and February 2023 when Morrissey will record his new album WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES. The recording will be the fifth Morrissey album produced by ten Grammy winner Joe Chiccarelli , and the band continues to be Jesse Tobias, Gustavo Manzur, Alain Whyte, Juan Galeano and Brendan Buckley. The 12 songs were written by Morrissey with Alain Whyte, Jesse Tobias, Gustavo Manzur. There is no record label as yet for the project, and ways to attain global distribution are being researched.

Morrissey commented:

"The songs, of course, are magnificent, and even the relentless difficulties we have experienced recently are not enough to kill us off. "

Morrissey's last album release was 'I Am Not A Dog on a Chain' in March 2020, which charted at #1 in both Poland and Scotland, #3 in France and England.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
I never said he does come here?

Then how would all the ‘sycophancy’ and ‘uncritical support’ posted on solo reach his eyes?

It doesn’t, in the same way all the negative
criticism doesn’t reach him either.

Then how would all the ‘sycophancy’ and ‘uncritical support’ posted on solo reach his eyes?

It doesn’t, in the same way all the negative
criticism doesn’t reach him either.
Again, I never said it does, and we weren't even discussing it reaching his eyes. If anything, the fact that the sycophancy and uncritical support doesn't reach his eyes makes it even weirder.

Having said all of that, Morrissey (or at least someone in Morrissey's team) used to read this site, and was very, very aware of it. He famously wore his "f*** MORRISSEY SO LOW" t shirt a few years ago, and davidt was banned from Morrissey gigs.

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2011/06/30/f***-morrissey-solo-com-t-shirt-bradford-video-photo/

Again, I never said it does, and we weren't even discussing it reaching his eyes. If anything, the fact that the sycophancy and uncritical support doesn't reach his eyes makes it even weirder.
We were discussing the ‘healthy discussions’
on solo.

So where is Morrissey getting this ‘sycophancy and uncritical support’ ? if he doesn’t visit solo?

Having said all of that, Morrissey (or at least someone in Morrissey's team) used to read this site, and was very, very aware of it. He famously wore his "f*** MORRISSEY SO LOW" t shirt a few years ago, and davidt was banned from Morrissey gigs.

We all know that in the beginning M was aware of this site and had a falling out with David.
But there’s no proof that he visits here
to take advice from the comments posted, good or bad.

I had a lover a decade ago who accused me of listening to too much Joni in the night time, during the sexy time. I never ended an intimate relationship so quickly. Joni playing softly is for lovers. If you don't understand that, then there is nothing else to talk to about.

Yes in terms of songs I would agree with your timeline.. Maybe the rot set in around 2008 but the transformation ended about 2014. I know for a fact he had a few breakdowns on and off from 2008. Quite a bad one around 2013/2014. That was the thing that ended the tour KY was on.
Either way, its f***ing heartbreaking mate, when you see young M and you think of the one we have now. Time is cruel AF
I don't f***ing care about having people press dislike and I haven't even checked who pressed it
I'm kinda amazed anyone would press it, in a way.
Just to be clear, I was not having a go at M. When I say time/life has been cruel to M I'm not digging him out. I am just saying it's a shame what has happened. That's all. When I say he has changed as an artist, that is just an observable fact. I still love the guy but I think something got lost along the way. It happens. In-person he is much more like the M of old. I met him in 85 and I met him in 97 and a few times in the last 10 years and on that level he hasn't changed, not really.
On the other hand, his art has changed so much it must f***ing mean he has.?

Screenshot 2022-12-08 8.00.34 PM.png

Why are you responding to and fighting with yourself? And seriously, do not start rumors about nervous breakdowns, he admitted he had one, no one needs you adding your imaginary insider info to it.

I don't f***ing care about having people press dislike and I haven't even checked who pressed it
Just to be clear, I was not having a go at M. When I say time/life has been cruel to M I'm not digging him out. I am just saying it's a shame what has happened. That's all. When I say he has changed as an artist, that is just an observable fact. I still love the guy but I think something got lost along the way. It happens. In-person he is much more like the M of old. I met him in 85 and I met him in 97 and a few times in the last 10 years and on that level he hasn't changed, not really.

you think his art has changed? i don't think so.

this charming man and i live in oblivion are pretty much the same song. he's so consistent.

don't tell him i said this but morrissey, baby, you are my security blanket!

Yeah, well, let me enlighten you, I pressed it

you think his art has changed? i don't think so.

this charming man and i live in oblivion are pretty much the same song. he's so consistent.

don't tell him i said this but morrissey, baby, you are my security blanket!

I think you are talking about the message,- I didn't say his message had changed. I said his art, which is the f***ing tool that delivers his message. I'm talking about the effort he puts into his art
I'm talking about the skill set he uses with his art. I'm talking about how little of himself is now in his art, I'm talking about the power of his art. I'm talking about how good he is at his art.

Fecking hell, how can you say Charming Man and Oblivion are the same songs?
I admit both are fire but they are about completely different things they are nothing like the same song- CM is about getting laid, among other things and Oblivion is about being ill and dying in a hospital bed , while being treated like a child.
I think you are 'merican and heard the words "desolate" in one song and "oblivion " in another song and thought " isolation, I'm alone too. yes steve i get you " but I don't think you do.
It's amazing how many people claim they are Smiths /M fans and have not one clue what he is even on about

I think you are talking about the message,- I didn't say his message had changed. I said his art, which is the f***ing tool that delivers his message. I'm talking about the effort he puts into his art
I'm talking about the skill set he uses with his art. I'm talking about how little of himself is now in his art, I'm talking about the power of his art. I'm talking about how good he is at his art.

Fecking hell, how can you say Charming Man and Oblivion are the same songs?
I admit both are fire but they are about completely different things they are nothing like the same song- CM is about getting laid, among other things and Oblivion is about being ill and dying in a hospital bed , while being treated like a child.
I think you are 'merican and heard the words "desolate" in one song and "oblivion " in another song and thought " isolation, I'm alone too. yes steve i get you " but I don't think you do.
It's amazing how many people claim they are Smiths /M fans and have not one clue what he is even on about

yea, no, those are the same songs. you don't need to have an aneurysm just because we have a difference of opinion - you could go bake a cake - or go jerk off. no one will judge you, chill out babe.

yea, no, those are the same songs. you don't need to have an aneurysm just because we have a difference of opinion - you could go bake a cake - or go jerk off. no one will judge you, chill out babe.
I jerk off while baking a cake. I can also play piano while giving head .

Being serious though
How are they the same songs? How can it be a matter of opinion. A song can mean different things to different people , for sure . That doesn't change what they are actually about though does it ?
I just do not get how you think they are the same songs . CM is celebratory and Oblivion is tragic

One is youthful the other isn't
One makes you dance the other makes you cry

I honestly would like to know why you think that . Who knows I may be missing something ?

Also , please know I wasn't attacking you . I just have noticed a lot of Americans don't seem to know what M is singing about. Neither do some Brits , the percentage is just way the f*** higher in America

And M is a comfort blanket to most of us - if singers were drugs, he's H

I have not checked and I haven’t been feeling well for a couple of days…so…I thought he was with Capital? Did he drop them already?

Look on the brightside, too much effort has gone into Bonfire for it to be locked away. This just means more Moz! Cmon, thats class.
Yes, I'm with you on that. I think the lp will still come out. I can't see Capital not releasing it.
Though, how they will release it is another question.
Didn't someone post on here that they heard the songs M and AW were working on and they were his best in a long time? So, that's quite exciting.
M has a little powerhouse of a writing team at the moment, they will all be in competition so
that could create some cracking tunes.
I like the sentiment of the LP title, but as someone pointed out it's a crude version of Friedrichs quote - actually, its sad that even M's song titles aren't as original as they once were Rebel without Applause has been used by a few people
In the end, I'm quite positive, I think he should keep touring, let that pay for the records and wages and just carry on, maybe he will do the sensible thing and release his own stuff and not go cap in hand to record companies. He could do singles and things, create a nice artist/fan relationship

he will be just fine

Edit
Just thought, do we know when its coming out?

Last edited:
Tags
without music the world dies
Back
Top Bottom