“It was dangerous sex (…)”: KrisTeen Young talks about her first meeting with Morrissey

An anonymous person sends the link:

“It was dangerous sex (…)”: KrisTeen Young talks about her first meeting with Morrissey - Blog do Marcelo Fialho

One day before the first concert of Morrissey South America Tour ´13, we´ve interviewed his opening act, Kristeen Young, about her upcoming album with Dave Grohl, meeting Morrissey and a lot more…

Excerpt:

*How was your first contact with Morrissey music? And your first meeting ?
It was dangerous sex, the meaning of life, and the best chocolate cake I’ve ever had. (same answer for both questions)

*What can you tell about your participation in “That´s How People Grow Up” ? Was this song composed thinking about your voice, or did you choose in a demo which one would you like to put vocals in ?
Morrissey brought me in pretty much after everything had been recorded. I didn’t choose the song. He chose ME for the song. He asked me to sing something operatic at the beginning. And that’s really all the direction I got. I remember at one point….during a break….he left the control room and came into the room where I had been singing. I was lying on the floor and he went over to the piano and started playing a tune. It was really soothing and I felt like that was a moment where we really bonded ….for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
As Sparks remarked: "Chicks dig dig dig a dig a dig a metaphor".

That true? Well, as Elvis sang,

Be my little
bad luck charm
uh-huh huh, you sweeeeet deli-ight

Blokes dig a chick who was a clandestine passenger on the Titanic.
For better, for worse. Especially worse.

(As someone cheekily asked: "Has it not twigged with you yet?"
or, as someone else bluntly retorted: IS IT SINKING IN YET?)

:) Although, clearly, there's nothing to smile about. Of course. One is beginning to feel a little sorry for the poor helpless bastards. :(

I would say this is pretty much proof that they're sleeping together! They share the same nailpolish! :p

image.jpg

image.jpg

Definitive proof? Or is KY just biting off Morrissey's style?

she's biting off his style. seen older pix of her wearing glasses like moz wore back in the Smith's days. she's got her own quiff too. she may gripe about Lady GaGa stealing her style but she's does the same thing. she's just as much a wanna be as other artists.

I thought it was hilarious when Moz and Kristeen had a public fight because it made them seem more human, rather than just rock stars. Kristeen seems more human in this interview too because she is sharing that she is not getting a big enough share of the wealth from her creative efforts.

:o

never thought Kristeen was a rock star. And her creative efforts, well, they suck. now she's trying out a rock-a-billy sound to some of her newer songs. still doesn't make her musical efforts any better.

Kristeen has learned not a thing. She joined Morrissey as his powers were fading and has stuck around as there is nothing she can do.
Tony tried to get Bowie to help that didn't work, then placebo, then stump...
Nothing happened, suddenly Tony works on Morrissey LP Kristeen hears and comes over uninvited to Rome.
After years of touring she is still nowhere. When not with moz she can't sell a room of 50.
Now Tony has the crap guy from David G nice but dim and nothing will still happen.
I used to like her but she has tried to be too Morrissey in her ways and and too limited in her approach, some of us Said she should be using guitars for ages.
Morrissey has a friend (female) but it was never kristine

She does the "Oh woah is me and the record industry!" schtick. She does the "Only black and white movies speak to me." schtick. She does the outrageous proclamations schtick. The quiff schtick. Etc...

kristeenyoung.jpg

1984-Moz-and-Oscar-Wilde-books.jpg

She's a total copycat with an awesome set of pipes, that's all she has going for her. She was consulting facebook fans to help her write the lyrics to her last EP, she doesn't even listen to a muse. :squiffy: And sorry, channeling the characters of some movies is NOT lyrically creative.

It's all very interesting really! So she has the backing of total superstars yet remains relatively unknown in the scheme of things... What do you think the appeal is? It must be said I don't know an awfully lot about her as an artist or a person. She seems to be pretty reclusive from what she portrays and obviously quite eccentric! By the way she presents herself online I would've thought such high profile musicians would recoil but they are somehow drawn to her like a magnetic force. I can't help but admire that though as she is obviously a pretty powerful lady and possibly not as vulnerable as she makes out.

That's a rhetorical question if there ever was one. As another poster mentioned, look at pictures of her and read interviews pre 2008. Compare it to everything she's done since then...the way she talks, dresses, acts, her song titles, etc. It's like she isn't even pretending anymore to be anything other than a mime. And that's kind of sad, because at this stage of the game she's arguably more talented than he is and has a great deal more to say; unfortunately her relentless pursuit to become his female wondertwin now eclipses any relevance regarding her own individual work.

She does the "Oh woah is me and the record industry!" schtick. She does the "Only black and white movies speak to me." schtick. She does the outrageous proclamations schtick. The quiff schtick. Etc...

Why is it schtick when she does it and not when Morrissey does it?

Jesus H. Christ those are some incredible hips....one look at those legs and all pretense is forgiven.

I am S.O.S. my name is S.M.S. Boz Boorer has a major crush on me. Scandinavia is about me. Boz's marriage is dying. I dont care. His daughter copied me going to uni. He's pathetic. The whole Utah thing is because my fam is part mormon. Sue me. Yolo. S.O.S. in UK

Kristeen has learned not a thing. She joined Morrissey as his powers were fading and has stuck around as there is nothing she can do.
Tony tried to get Bowie to help that didn't work, then placebo, then stump...
Nothing happened, suddenly Tony works on Morrissey LP Kristeen hears and comes over uninvited to Rome.
After years of touring she is still nowhere. When not with moz she can't sell a room of 50.
Now Tony has the crap guy from David G nice but dim and nothing will still happen.
I used to like her but she has tried to be too Morrissey in her ways and and too limited in her approach, some of us Said she should be using guitars for ages.
Morrissey has a friend (female) but it was never kristine
That friend would be me. It's the same old S. oh. S.

Im the girl in Boz Boorers Slippery Forces, Morrisseys Scandinavia, Adam Ants Gunners Daughter. Put together Mafioso Funerals, nordic countries, and guns. You have miss S.O.S as in an immigrants daughter from Scandolando. I was the real victim of ringleader of tormentors as an almost gangrape victim. I adore Morrissey but I find lack of royalties disturbing. Loving regards.

Im the girl in Boz Boorers Slippery Forces, Morrisseys Scandinavia, Adam Ants Gunners Daughter. Put together Mafioso Funerals, nordic countries, and guns. You have miss S.O.S as in an immigrants daughter from Scandolando. I was the real victim of ringleader of tormentors as an almost gangrape victim. I adore Morrissey but I find lack of royalties disturbing. Loving regards.

wtf....? :crazy:

kristeenyoung.jpg

1984-Moz-and-Oscar-Wilde-books.jpg

She's a total copycat with an awesome set of pipes, that's all she has going for her. She was consulting facebook fans to help her write the lyrics to her last EP, she doesn't even listen to a muse. :squiffy: And sorry, channeling the characters of some movies is NOT lyrically creative.

"woah is me" :rofl:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom