“I’m Still Taboo” - new Australian Morrissey interview in I Like Your Old Stuff

Cheese rolling, pigs intestines and the “final beheading” - a new Australian Morrissey interview for This Is Morrissey’s release here:

“I’M STILL TABOO” – AN INTERVIEW WITH MORRISSEY - I Like Your Old Stuff
BY SCOTT MCLENNAN

Across both his solo career and albums with The Smiths, Morrissey’s musical legacy is substantial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching Celtic changes me!

sinn-fein.gif

Having watched this interview till the end as you suggested, it reaffirms my conviction about Morrissey's European tour having been cancelled by safety reasons and it's very likely some venues have been threatened too. I can imagine some people who planned to attend the concerts could be afraid as well given the circumstances. It didn't help at all the hate event organized in Manchester accusing Morrissey of being racist. That is what terrorism is: people being threatened or feeling threatened and having to keep silence about that for fear of being injured, bombed, raped or anything like that.
Anne Marie Waters has a huge battle ahead trying to make people understand that racism and the tremendous danger that represents the practice of sharia law in England and Europe are two very different things. I just would like people were more sincere and not afraid of talking about the culture and values of islam and sharia law instead of talking about people as brown or white. It's not a skin tones problem. It's a human rights problem caused by different cultural values that represent two kinds of societies: open, secular and free on one hand, or closed, religious and dictatorial by the other hand. Maybe that's why some western dictators seem to be in such good relationships with leaders of some countries where sharia law is widely applied, till the point of watching TV football together. What a tremendous treason to the memory of millions who died defending freedom and western values during centuries, represented by a seemingly trivial act. That's the meaning of the little details that say everything.
EVERYBODY SHOULD READ THIS IN FULL!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:
'CULURAL VALUES' NOT RACISM :guitar:
Having watched this interview till the end as you suggested, it reaffirms my conviction about Morrissey's European tour having been cancelled by safety reasons and it's very likely some venues have been threatened too. I can imagine some people who planned to attend the concerts could be afraid as well given the circumstances. It didn't help at all the hate event organized in Manchester accusing Morrissey of being racist. That is what terrorism is: people being threatened or feeling threatened and having to keep silence about that for fear of being injured, bombed, raped or anything like that.
Anne Marie Waters has a huge battle ahead trying to make people understand that racism and the tremendous danger that represents the practice of sharia law in England and Europe are two very different things. I just would like people were more sincere and not afraid of talking about the culture and values of islam and sharia law instead of talking about people as brown or white. It's not a skin tones problem. It's a human rights problem caused by different cultural values that represent two kinds of societies: open, secular and free on one hand, or closed, religious and dictatorial by the other hand. Maybe that's why some western dictators seem to be in such good relationships with leaders of some countries where sharia law is widely applied, till the point of watching TV football together. What a tremendous treason to the memory of millions who died defending freedom and western values during centuries, represented by a seemingly trivial act. That's the meaning of the little details that say everything.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom