Morrissey Central “Boom !" & "Hotel in Jakarta" (December 27, 2022)

unnamed-2.jpg

c0fcfb43-6135-4b02-a3b7-a7354cc08004.jpg

It's just nice to touch grass sometimes, and some of you spend well too much time on here, even on Christmas Day. Like, Jesus, spend some time doing something else, even if it's by yourself.
It's a lot better than what (some) other people are doing right now - or were doing then.

Plus, of course the ardent mozzerians are here on Christmas day; he is our lord and saviour, after all.

Did I really read the word "boom" on a Morrissey sight? Sad days indeed...

Maybe capitalize the word "lord" when referring to our Lord, or you'll be first in hell. He can be a real bitch with that sort of thing.
i dont even capitalize nicky wire or neil codling's names though, and jesus didnt even make it onto my list of the top ten coolest people (i dont think...)

View attachment 87382

View attachment 87384
"Boom"?
I hope he doesn't start doing mic drops, Obama's was pathetic enough. "Moz Out" :(
I was in Morrissey's pub in Abbeyleix over the Christmas, great spot. It's quite a common name on businesses in Laois/Tipperary, where the Clann originated.

"Boom"?
I hope he doesn't start doing mic drops, Obama's was pathetic enough. "Moz Out" :(

Morrissey is going to expand his vocabulary of c*** words by overusing "BOSH", "EPIC" and "BANTS", with occasional use of "LOOK AT THESE BAD BOYS" (in an masculine Essex accent).

That quote/meme has made the rounds on social media cyclically for some time. Essentially, SER is offering an Instagram story in slow motion. Tedious.
Jesus .
I kinda feel for M really .
He hasn't really got the content to remain interesting in the internet world .
I mean it's very easy to create a M algorithm.. for social media - Oscar Wilde , James Dean , British Soap opera from the 60s /70s . British camp from same era .
Its why after a while you have to leave Smiths /M orbit . It's too small and suffocating. Especially if you are British

Edit - I forgot for the algorithm, add Black people from pre 1979.

Lol

Jesus .
I kinda feel for M really .
He hasn't really got the content to remain interesting in the internet world .
I mean it's very easy to create a M algorithm.. for social media - Oscar Wilde , James Dean , British Soap opera from the 60s /70s . British camp from same era .
Its why after a while you have to leave Smiths /M orbit . It's too small and suffocating. Especially if you are British

Edit - I forgot for the algorithm, add Black people from pre 1979.

Lol
This is not true. Steve just needs an editor who can make him adhere to an editorial calendar. That man is a walking, sulking encyclopedia of very interesting knowledge.

Hows your African American wife doing, Dirk?

😂 That is funny AF

I'm not sure I get it .
Is the hotel just a hotel called Morrissey or was it named after him ?

The statement is it a quote from someone or ?

If the hotel is simply one called Morrissey that is sad AF .
I mean you don't See Jarvis doing updates with Pictures of Jarvis hotels
Jesus Christ

This is Morrissey. The last 10-12 years have been a sad, sad decline. Genuine shame to see a once great man descend into this, but also somewhat funny, considering all the shit he has given people over the years.

Maybe it's like when parents stick their kids drawing on the fridge. Moz just doesn't have the heart to tell Sam when his work isn't good.

I think this place has a tendency to give Sam too much credit, and too much grief. Yes, Sam is really, really awful at pretty much everything he puts his mind to, but Morrissey is a 63 year old grown man, who has agency and is mature and (somewhat) intelligent enough to make decisions of his own. I suspect that the reality is, Morrissey signs off on every single thing that is posted under his name and he happily consents to the utter nonsense that is posted on his awful website.

It is said very strongly, and yet some kind of annoyance is felt in these words. But we know that everything is in the hands of Morrissey: if only he really continued to give himself with all the passion when writing his songs (of course, to the best of his ability). The more famous you become, the more you need an experienced team to help you move forward, and not try to "join the mainstream" with weak posts, turning you into a laughing stock. Morrissey has been slacking off with his hits for far too long, and I hope that his team will be able to attract new listeners with more elegant methods than just quotes. It lacks intrigue. It is better to post quotes when the release / album has already moved all the charts, and then they will have the desired effect. It is clear that now is a different time, the classics remain classics, but innovations in sound can reveal Morrissey's talent in a new way. And this is where his team comes into play. I'm sure they'll find a way to get people to see his new songs, as long as it doesn't sound like a pun. The rest is a matter of time.

It is said very strongly, and yet some kind of annoyance is felt in these words. But we know that everything is in the hands of Morrissey: if only he really continued to give himself with all the passion when writing his songs (of course, to the best of his ability). The more famous you become, the more you need an experienced team to help you move forward, and not try to "join the mainstream" with weak posts, turning you into a laughing stock. Morrissey has been slacking off with his hits for far too long, and I hope that his team will be able to attract new listeners with more elegant methods than just quotes. It lacks intrigue. It is better to post quotes when the release / album has already moved all the charts, and then they will have the desired effect. It is clear that now is a different time, the classics remain classics, but innovations in sound can reveal Morrissey's talent in a new way. And this is where his team comes into play. I'm sure they'll find a way to get people to see his new songs, as long as it doesn't sound like a pun. The rest is a matter of time.

It's sad to think about this, but if BoT and the yet to be recorded album are not released, I expect that upon his death there will be a whole swathe of previously unreleased material released by the record companies. Paint A Vulgar Picture will truly become a real life telling of Morrissey's life and death.

I truly hope I'm wrong, as it's sad to see his career turning out like this, and I'd much rather he continue to release music, even if it's not that good. But, at the rate he is burning his bridges, at a seemingly accelerating pace, the material will never be released, unless he self-releases, which still seems unlikely despite everything that has happened in the last couple of years.

It's sad to think about this, but if BoT and the yet to be recorded album are not released, I expect that upon his death there will be a whole swathe of previously unreleased material released by the record companies. Paint A Vulgar Picture will truly become a real life telling of Morrissey's life and death.

I truly hope I'm wrong, as it's sad to see his career turning out like this, and I'd much rather he continue to release music, even if it's not that good. But, at the rate he is burning his bridges, at a seemingly accelerating pace, the material will never be released, unless he self-releases, which still seems unlikely despite everything that has happened in the last couple of years.
That's why it's important that his team "smooth all the corners" when Morrissey, in a fit of emotion, cuts off all communications with labels he doesn't like. It is clear that fame gives some privileges, but at this time this is not the case. At such moments, he must have a person who knows that Morrissey can slash from the shoulder, so this person (assistant or agent) must find backup solutions in advance. I really want to see his works in the "relevant" section, although I understand that this requires a whole algorithm of actions of his team. After all, 63 years is not the end, the singer will sing as long as there is strength and a thirst to create. After death, many labels will cash in endlessly on unreleased songs, that's 100%, because the lust for money will not spare any principles. But your suggestion that Morrissey can self-release an album gives hope for two things: 1) he will create his own label (although this requires a lot of financial investments and connections, which he has anyway); 2) his team will find a label that Morrissey is completely satisfied with. I don't see any more options.

I think this place has a tendency to give Sam too much credit, and too much grief. Yes, Sam is really, really awful at pretty much everything he puts his mind to, but Morrissey is a 63 year old grown man, who has agency and is mature and (somewhat) intelligent enough to make decisions of his own. I suspect that the reality is, Morrissey signs off on every single thing that is posted under his name and he happily consents to the utter nonsense that is posted on his awful website.
I think M supplies the content and has S take responsibility for posting it, but it is called Messages from Morrissey, so I doubt he is not in charge

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom