Morrissey Central “BONFIRE DOUSED” (February 7, 2023)

full

Morrissey is ‘too diverse’ for Universal Music Group.
Capitol Records (Los Angeles) will not, after all, release Morrissey’s 2021 album ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’. At the same time, Capitol Records (Los Angeles) are holding on to the album.

Although Morrissey officially signed to Capitol Records Los Angeles, there has been no mention of Morrissey on Capitol’s website or on their Artists roster.

Morrissey has said that although he does not believe that Capitol Records in Los Angeles signed ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ in order to sabotage it, he is quickly coming around to that belief.

Related items:

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Instead of getting his nephew to post these speculative posts about what Morrissey may or may not think, wouldn’t it be a better use of his time to get whoever his management is these days to simply phone their contact at Capitol and ask what exactly is going on and how they can move things forward?

Again, as long as Capitol stays silent, it's all speculation. They never welcomed him and they never advertised a new product. It's all news from SER and/or Moz + this Twitter guy, who says, they just wait until Miley's voice is deleted.

Instead of getting his nephew to post these speculative posts about what Morrissey may or may not think, wouldn’t it be a better use of his time to get whoever his management is these days to simply phone their contact at Capitol and ask what exactly is going on and how they can move things forward?
These third person posts are so annoying, I think he writes them and maybe SER posts them or maybe M does himself. There's probably plenty of talk behind the scenes but it's business and not anything we would be told about. I am surprised that person spoke out on twitter last time but now it seems that information has changed or was incorrect.

The good news is we can all go through this again in a few months when he has recorded another album that no label will release.

Had there ever been an artist as poorly managed or advised over the years as Morrissey ?

The good news is we can all go through this again in a few months when he has recorded another album that no label will release.

Had there ever been an artist as poorly managed or advised over the years as Morrissey ?
Plenty of artists who don't play the game probably see themselves in similarly troubled waters.

I'd say you probably judged his career to be over years ago but Morrissey annoyingly is still hanging in there.
these people would love him to announce his retirement,M wouldnt give them the satisfaction,as for johnnie ray,guys a space cadet.

Plenty of artists who don't play the game probably see themselves in similarly troubled waters.
Really? Do we ever hear about it?

I’m so tired of this “not playing the game” nonsense. It’s not that he’s not playing the game, it’s just that he’s useless at handling his career. He’s almost autistically stuck in his destructive ways, and his yes-men and his most deluded fans all tell him that he’s a rebel, a free-thinker and that he’s sticking it to the man. But guess what? The man doesn’t give a shit whether or not Morrissey ever releases another album again.

Look at people like Nick Cave, Bruce Springsteen, Scott Walker (before he passed), Iggy Pop, and so on and so forth. Artists that do their thing without confirming to trends or unreasonable demands, and still manages to have great careers, lots of integrity, get respect from their peers and the public alike, and enjoy their success.

It’s not the business that’s the problem, it’s Morrissey. It’s high time to realize this.

I’m so tired of this “not playing the game” nonsense. It’s not that he’s not playing the game, it’s just that he’s useless at handling his career. He’s almost autistically stuck in his destructive ways, and his yes-men and his most deluded fans all tell him that he’s a rebel, a free-thinker and that he’s sticking it to the man. But guess what? The man doesn’t give a shit whether or not Morrissey ever releases another album again.

Look at people like Nick Cave, Bruce Springsteen, Scott Walker (before he passed), Iggy Pop, and so on and so forth. Artists that do their thing without confirming to trends or unreasonable demands, and still manages to have great careers, lots of integrity, get respect from their peers and the public alike, and enjoy their success.

It’s not the business that’s the problem, it’s Morrissey. It’s high time to realize this.
Well, Iggy was/is on the new Morrissey album.
What makes you think Morrissey has had less success in the past 40 years than Cave, Iggy or Scott? I think he’s had more.

For 25 years, since this website started, there has been a small amount of users claiming he ‘lost’ it, yet since then he’s released album after album and done tour after tour.

He definitely ís playing the game, but to his own rules.

Morrissey has a long history of ditching managers, many supposedly for no reason whatsoever, perhaps its time to get rid of one that lets him sign to a company without guarantees of a release of his work?
He already has: "Morrissey has voluntarily parted company with Maverick/Quest management."

Well, Iggy was/is on the new Morrissey album.
What makes you think Morrissey has had less success in the past 40 years than Cave, Iggy or Scott? I think he’s had more.

For 25 years, since this website started, there has been a small amount of users claiming he ‘lost’ it, yet since then he’s released album after album and done tour after tour.

He definitely ís playing the game, but to his own rules.
I’m not sure he has. But maybe he has, in terms of sales (in the 00’s). But that’s just a small part of it. The main issue is his destructive behavior, his consistent failure to be a professional and his embarrassing way of handling himself. The other artists I mentioned are widely respected across the board, their careers are handled good enough and they appeal to the public across the globe. And they still play by their own rules. They’re still Nick Cave, Iggy Pop, Scott Walker, Bruce Springsteen - just as they’ve always been.

I’m not sure he has. But maybe he has, in terms of sales (in the 00’s). But that’s just a small part of it. The main issue is his destructive behavior, his consistent failure to be a professional and his embarrassing way of handling himself. The other artists I mentioned are widely respected across the board, their careers are handled good enough and they appeal to the public across the globe. And they still play by their own rules. They’re still Nick Cave, Iggy Pop, Scott Walker, Bruce Springsteen - just as they’ve always been.
Well, I think if anything Morrissey still is Morrissey, as he’s always been.
He’s always been difficult to work with, and he will remain so, whether you like it or not.

Much as I like the other artists you mention, I think Morrissey’s back catalogue is stronger that any of them. And that’s all that really matters.

whos the red hot chili peppers record Co? You'd think they would have enough pull to get it released/ with whatever tweeks required.

He’s always been difficult to work with, and he will remain so, whether you like it or not.

Much as I like the other artists you mention, I think Morrissey’s back catalogue is stronger that any of them. And that’s all that really matters.

The Morrissey I hear today is not the Morrissey I heard in the 80'/90's. He was charming and witty, nowadays he does nothing but moan about everything.

It’s one thing to be “difficult to work with” and another thing altogether to be downright stupid. Moz is veering dangerously close to the latter. And some manages to be both difficult and unique and still keep the record company happy. And if not, they take matters into their own hands. And all the while, keep making quality music.
And like Surface said, the Morrissey of today is not the Morrissey of 1983-2006. Today’s Moz is often (but not always, mind) bitter, angry, cold and mean and musically he is nowhere near the quality of yore.

Well, that’s subjective. But good for you. I like his music as well.

The Morrissey I hear today is not the Morrissey I heard in the 80'/90's. He was charming and witty, nowadays he does nothing but moan about everything.
He is now a man in his 60's rather than his 20's and 30's but I do agree with you.

I was only thinking yesterday how I wish his interviews were all a bit more light hearted. Ask him some fun questions instead of the record business, diversity crap.

He just falls into his own trap because he clearly doesn't realise how badly he comes across.

and how any record company is going to touch him after all of this, just isn't going to happen. I hope he has worked out how he is going to globally distribute under his own label and he can put this behind him. He will then get what he craves and that is people who are 100% focussed on him, full control.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom