Morrissey Central “!!!!” (March 30, 2022)

9AF6EFA2-C308-487F-AB92-4566EE301BBB.jpeg

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
BMG
Offers Moz a 3 album deal....

3 successful albums later , all top 10,

Deal over....
everyone moves on ....
Job done on both accounts
I’d say 😀😀😀

BMG
Offers Moz a 3 album deal....

3 successful albums later , all top 10,

Deal over....
everyone moves on ....
Job done on both accounts
I’d say 😀😀😀
I want Moz to do a synth album with Neil Arthur/Blancmange and John Carpenter. With Robert Smith on backing vocals and Hooky on bass.

I want Moz to do a synth album with Neil Arthur/Blancmange and John Carpenter. With Robert Smith on backing vocals and Hooky on bass.
The travelling willburys return 😂
You have a very imaginative
Musical mind, and I love it .
That said 🙄
Who would of thought that the original TW would ever have happened??

Only one person from your
Magnificent line up , as we know would never attend 😞😞😞

Imagine Mozz and RS
Recording two tracks together...

One on lead vocals
The other on baking vocals

Then vice Versa.....

Lyrics by 85
And me ....

Ignore the lyrics bit ...😞

Really? I think the The were more in line with Marr's indie sensibilities at the time, as the Pretenders were already pretty classic rock/mainstream by then.
I saw the original band, which I think was the best. I don't think there was anything indie about The Pretenders in the late 80s. To me, they were sort of over by then and Marr was just a session or touring muscian. I was actually pretty shocked he would go from the Smiths to The Pretenders, who were very mainstream by then.

ETA I was not going to bring this up, but the only thing Johnny really did with the Pretenders was a Dionne Warwick cover after having a giant hissy fit about not wanting to cover songs by girls and storming out of the Smiths. He added absolutely nothing to Chrissie's band and was only there for a few months before getting axed.

Last edited:
I saw the original band, which I think was the best. I don't think there was anything indie about The Pretenders in the late 80s. To me, they were sort of over by then and Marr was just a session or touring muscian. I was actually pretty shocked he would go from the Smiths to The Pretenders, who were very mainstream by then.

ETA I was not going to bring this up, but the only thing Johnny really did with the Pretenders was a Dionne Warwick cover after having a giant hissy fit about not wanting to cover songs by girls and storming out of the Smiths. He added absolutely nothing to Chrissie's band and was only there for a few months before getting axed.

Oh yeah, Windows of the World, good point. I wonder if they argued about that as well? Too bad, Chrissie and Johnny looked gorgeous together. It was a disaster for the Pretenders that Johnny left, as I don't think Chrissie found another guitar player for several years. Maybe it was her choice because she had young kids at the time.

Oh yeah, Windows of the World, good point. I wonder if they argued about that as well? Too bad, Chrissie and Johnny looked gorgeous together. It was a disaster for the Pretenders that Johnny left, as I don't think Chrissie found another guitar player for several years. Maybe it was her choice because she had young kids at the time.

Johnny looks like an absolute buffoon in his Dexy's Midnight Runners overalls :lbf: He looks like a small child wearing clothes that are too big for him. :lbf: I won't attempt to discuss the rest of his 'style', he never seems to know who or what he is. Chrissie is actually gorgeous, she was when I saw her, Marr is just ugly.
She fired him, it was not devastating to her band, she got another guitar player. He was not essential. He did one cover and was with her 4 months or less. I have no idea why people insist on this fan fiction. He is a loser. :lbf:

Johnny looks like an absolute buffoon in his Dexy's Midnight Runners overalls :lbf: He looks like a small child wearing clothes that are too big for him. :lbf: I won't attempt to discuss the rest of his 'style', he never seems to know who or what he is. Chrissie is actually gorgeous, she was when I saw her, Marr is just ugly.
She fired him, it was not devastating to her band, she got another guitar player. He was not essential. He did one cover and was with her 4 months or less. I have no idea why people insist on this fan fiction. He is a loser. :lbf:

Aw come on, he's just adorable! Chrissie did not find another guitar player right away, the Pretenders took a break. He went on to play with the The and Electronic almost immediately.

I am sure Pete told Surfboard all about this with his last dying breath or knows someone who knows someone who did or something. Or he just checked Wikipedia, kind of like how he gets Hooky quotes from news articles and acts like he was there :lbf:

Yep, it was Pete who told me and another 100 people at his lyric book signing event at Gorilla in Manchester, 6 months before he died. Regarding Peter Hook, I have no need to check Wikipedia as we have lived not far from each other for 13 years in Alderley Edge.

Pete Shelley on Homosapien 25.15 in on the video from Gorilla.

It literally only just occurred me to me that his surname is Smith, so this does actually work as a joke. Scary that it took me 48 hours to figure that out.

Imagine Mozz and RS
Recording two tracks together...

One on lead vocals
The other on baking vocals

Then vice Versa.....

Lyrics by 85
And me ....

Ignore the lyrics bit ...😞
Well you'd probably do a better job than:
Moz: Roy's Keen
'I've never seen a keener window cleaner' or 'Your boyfriend he went down on one knee, well could it be he's only got one knee?' AND
RS: Mint Car
'Never guessed it got this good
Wondered if it ever would
Really didn't think it could
Do it again?
I know we should'

Yep, it was Pete who told me and another 100 people at his lyric book signing event at Gorilla in Manchester, 6 months before he died. Regarding Peter Hook, I have no need to check Wikipedia as we have lived not far from each other for 13 years in Alderley Edge.

Pete Shelley on Homosapien 25.15 in on the video from Gorilla.

That was a really interesting interview thanks!

That was a really interesting interview thanks!
You're welcome, if you are into Pete Shelley/Buzzcocks there are a couple of interesting books available, his Collected Lyrics book (which the video was the launch event for) and a book called the lost Buzzcocks tapes which is based on a number of interviews with Pete which Louie Shelley taped, where he talks about his inspiration for the songs along with lots of other interesting stuff.

A0FC1EC9-C63F-4525-BA04-AC5CA0ED420D.jpeg

Last edited:
You're welcome, if you are into Pete Shelley/Buzzcocks there are a couple of interesting books available, his Collected Lyrics book (which the video was the launch event for) and a book called the lost Buzzcocks tapes which is based on a number of interviews with Pete which Louie Shelley taped, where he talks about his inspiration for the songs along with lots of other interesting stuff.

View attachment 80293
Thank you, I can put them next to my Howard Devoto lyric book and Magazine book. Also need to get the new John McGeoch book!

Well you'd probably do a better job than:
Moz: Roy's Keen
'I've never seen a keener window cleaner' or 'Your boyfriend he went down on one knee, well could it be he's only got one knee?' AND
RS: Mint Car
'Never guessed it got this good
Wondered if it ever would
Really didn't think it could
Do it again?
I know we should'
Oh come on.... yes you’ve quoted some shit lyrics here.....

Mine have never been that bad
Olde boy 😁😁😁😁

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom