‘Mr. Robot’ star Rami Malek to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic

Calamine Lotion

‘Mr. Robot’ Star Rami Malek to Play Freddie Mercury in Queen Biopic
“Mr. Robot” star Rami Malek is attached to play Freddie Mercury in long-development biopic “Bohemian Rhapsody” from GK Films with Bryan Singer in talks to direct. More at link
longform-original-8614-1440544605-12.jpg

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/r...in-queen-biopic-bohemian-rhapsody-1201910261/

Shame Sacha Baron Cohen dropped out, he would have been quite perfect for the role.

Anyway, hope they make the movie super-gay so that it pisses off lots of Queen-fans.

Some of the biggest homophobes I've met were massive Queen fans, completely in denial about Freddie's homosexuality.

Last edited:
One of the most overrated bands of all time, along with Led Zeppelin. Awful.

One of the most overrated bands of all time, along with Led Zeppelin. Awful.

Agree with you 100%
Isn't Mr. Robot star Rami Malek a bit overrated too, I wonder?
I bet the movie will be overrated too.

Shame Sacha Baron Cohen dropped out, he would have been quite perfect for the role.

Anyway, hope they make the movie super-gay so that it pisses off lots of Queen-fans.

Some of the biggest homophobes I've met were massive Queen fans, completely in denial about Freddie's homosexuality.

Even Brian May claims he didn't know. I think he called himself bisexual, but when I looked it up I saw there are arguments about that, too.

I gave you a thumbs up so your post could be overrated. :rofl:

Ha, I AM overrated, but undervalued too! Just like you! :oops:
But it's a nice position.
I attack from the back because it's easy. :cool:
The fact Led Zeppelin and Queen were enjoyed by millions of people, doesn't change my opinion they are being overrated. As a lot of other things too. In fact most things are.
It's not all gold what seems to be shining.
And what doesn't shine isn't gold either. o_O

He may have teeth, but are they natural?
And if not, did the dentist do a good job?
Can he bite? :rolleyes:

Bite the dust ?

read somewhere that Freddie didn't want to get his teeth fixed because he was afraid it would change his singing voice.

Anyways, he was really over the top in his stage persona, hard to believe anyone can pull that off in a film on him.

Bite the dust ?

read somewhere that Freddie didn't want to get his teeth fixed because he was afraid it would change his singing voice.

Anyways, he was really over the top in his stage persona, hard to believe anyone can pull that off in a film on him.

Ha, yes.
Very hard!
Almost impossible!
Nobody did bite the dust so well as Freddie Mercury.
Another one would fail!

They should tell the full Freddie Mercury story in truth with all the homosexuality possible because that's a huge part of who he was. It's partly of what made him such a daring artist. I'm hetero but was never bothered by Freddie's gayness. I used to get abuse from assholes back in school for being a Queen fan (fortunately I was bigger and stronger than just about everyone so some beatings were carried out in retaliation lol). I fear it's going to be a glossy music video for my favorite band Queen. That's what Brian May and Roger Taylor want. A fluffy commercial for the band. I have no faith in this project ever since Sacha dropped out. He wanted a real biography but May/Roger didn't cooperate. I feel the remnants of Queen (John Deacon absolved as he hasn't been involved since 1997) have tarnished their legacy by carrying on as Queen+. Nothing against him personally but using Adam Lambert is just embarrassing.

Tags
biopic film freddie mercury movie queen
Back
Top Bottom