4 ~ Ringleader Of The Tormentors

5 ~ Your Arsenal

6 ~ Southpaw Grammar

7 ~ Maladjusted

8 ~ Kill Uncle

9 ~ Years Of Refusal

10 ~ World Peace Is None Of Your Business

11 ~ Low In High School

Nope I don’t rank this amongst them, but it’s very enjoyable. I’ve prob listened to California Son more times in this last week, than I have to his last two solo albums combined.
Dunno about this ranking mate. You are the Quarry ain't anywhere near Your Arsenal in terms of material. Kill Uncle certainly is his worst.

At the moment.

(Bona Drag) 5*****
1. Vauxhall and I
2. Viva Hate
3. You Are the Quarry
4. Your Arsenal 4,5****
5. California Son
6. Low In High School
7. Southpaw Grammar 4****
8. Kill Uncle
9. Maladjusted
10. World Peace Is None Of Your Business
11. Maladjusted
12. Years of Refusal 3,5***

@!Viva Hate! this guy hasn’t even got ROTT in his top 12! Give him a thumbs up

Quarry has 3 great songs and 9 fillers.

It’s a case of what you like isn’t it. Your Arsenal has some of my favourite Morrissey songs of all time, We’ll Let You Know is prob in my top 3! I wouldn’t argue with anyone placing that album in top spot. I just prefer a brand of melancholy music in general, and Quarry is super chill and easy to listen to, there’s a couple of heavier tracks on YA, which I like, but repeat listening would probably give me a bad head.
I wouldn’t even agree that there’s 3 “great” songs on Quarry, but there’s 12 really good songs. You’re free to disagree, that cool.

The Joni Mitchell and Bob Dylan covers are my least favourites on first listen. but the rest of this covers album is pretty stellar imo. And my Mum likes it as well. Suffer the Little Children and the final two tracks especially are songs that especially suit him
Lady Willpower is a bit Peter Kaye like but good fun nonetheless and along with the pre-releases it's a well-paced, well-constructed record.

Pity about his politics and the ensuing controversy (and publicity.....) but I have to concur that this is his strongest long player release in terms of consistent quality for a while. But I won't be buying it! Maybe for my Mum....

Bored of this album now. Most these songs have a WPINOYB bonus tracks feel, Drag The River & Julie In The Weeds etc. Pleasant enough and not actually anything to dislike about them, but they don’t go anywhere.

At the moment.

(Bona Drag) 5*****
1. Vauxhall and I
2. Viva Hate
3. You Are the Quarry
4. Your Arsenal 4,5****
5. California Son
6. Low In High School
7. Southpaw Grammar 4****
8. Kill Uncle
9. Ringleader of the Tormentors
10. World Peace Is None Of Your Business
11. Maladjusted
12. Years of Refusal 3,5***

Can you place this in the new thread for the 12 Moz studio albums ranked?

Back
Top Bottom