‘California Son’ is Morrissey’s best album since ‘You Are the Quarry’

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
CALL THE POLICE

FlawlessBackClam-size_restricted.gif

I remember Jim Belushi said that one time, on set, he deviated slightly from the script and David stopped the cameras and pulled him aside and asked if he wanted to be sent to the principal's office....that story cracks me up. It's weird because then you have other great directors like Woody who actually encourage the actors to ad lib as long as it stays within the context of the written scene.

I remember Jim Belushi said that one time, on set, he deviated slightly from the script and David stopped the cameras and pulled him aside and asked if he wanted to be sent to the principal's office....that story cracks me up. It's weird because then you have other great directors like Woody who actually encourage the actors to ad lib as long as it stays within the context of the written scene.

Woody comes from a comedy background. He understands that a joke can always be improved or told in a different way and still be poignant and funny. He treats the filmmaking process this way. Lynch comes from an art background so he views everything as simply being in service of achieving his singular vision.

Woody comes from a comedy background. He understands that a joke can always be improved or told in a different way and still be poignant and funny. He treats the filmmaking process this way. Lynch comes from an art background so he views everything as simply being in service of achieving his singular vision.

That's a really good point, actually. I didn't think about it like that. But I also think that their different personality types factor in.

That's a really good point, actually. I didn't think about it like that. But I also think that their different personality types factor in.

Absolutely. Woody comes across as terribly easygoing and fun...while Lynch is, well, Lynch. I genuinely believe Lynch is insane.

I don’t care what comparisons you wanna draw, this does not belong along side his previous 11 solo LPs. Find another category to stick it in.

LOL... And when he sings live a song that was not written by him it's not a Morrissey concert either.

I wanna see your moz album rankings in order of best to worst now. Not sure where to put this one since it's not his own material. To me it's an album to showcase his voice more than anything.

1 ~ Viva Hate

2 ~ Vauxhall & I

3 ~ You Are The Quarry

4 ~ Ringleader Of The Tormentors

5 ~ Your Arsenal

6 ~ Southpaw Grammar

7 ~ Maladjusted

8 ~ Kill Uncle

9 ~ Years Of Refusal

10 ~ World Peace Is None Of Your Business

11 ~ Low In High School

Nope I don’t rank this amongst them, but it’s very enjoyable. I’ve prob listened to California Son more times in this last week, than I have to his last two solo albums combined.

At the moment.

(Bona Drag) 5*****
1. Vauxhall and I
2. Viva Hate
3. You Are the Quarry
4. Your Arsenal 4,5****
5. California Son
6. Low In High School
7. Southpaw Grammar 4****
8. Kill Uncle
9. Ringleader of the Tormentors
10. World Peace Is None Of Your Business
11. Maladjusted
12. Years of Refusal 3,5***

Last edited:
1 ~ Viva Hate

2 ~ Vauxhall & I

3 ~ You Are The Quarry

4 ~ Ringleader Of The Tormentors

5 ~ Your Arsenal

6 ~ Southpaw Grammar

7 ~ Maladjusted

8 ~ Kill Uncle

9 ~ Years Of Refusal

10 ~ World Peace Is None Of Your Business

11 ~ Low In High School

Nope I don’t rank this amongst them, but it’s very enjoyable. I’ve prob listened to California Son more times in this last week, than I have to his last two solo albums combined.

Boo this man!

Booooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Back
Top Bottom