It’s not Morrissey’s album tho, is it. Doesn’t qualify for me. Glad you like it tho, actually had to read your post twice to figure out if you were taking the piss. Seems honest enough tho.
Yes indeed! It truly is a remarkable album! My rating of each song is as follows:
1. Morning Starship 10/10 - Fantastic cover! Great opener, very strong vocals
2. Don't Interrupt the Sorrow 9/10 - Very true to the original and every bit as beautiful
3. Only a Pawn in Their Game 8/10 - Interesting rendition... Love the classic military-esque thumping that follows throughout
4. Suffer the Little Children 8.5/10 - Great instrumentation on this one and good usage of highlighted vocals... "Did you think he was a boogeyman?"
5. Days of Decision 10/10 - Such a hopeful atmosphere with a great vocal delivery! Love his phrasing and especially his little hum mid-way through
6. It's Over 10/10 - Powerful vocals are the track's lead... from both Moz and LP
7. Wedding Bell Blues 10/10 - So catchy and so much fun, love the falsetto outro
8. Loneliness Remembers What Happiness Forgets 10/10 - Very true to the original, Moz's vocal is dream-like and high notes are very complimentary
9. Lady Willpower 8/10 - Busting and catchy! Least favourite song on the album, but still full of lively energy and flamboyant instrumentation
10. When You Close Your Eyes 8/10 - A very beautiful meditation with an instrumental outro that will drag you away into a dream
11. Lenny's Tune 10/10 - A lovely little surprise! Love the grainy production and atmosphere! Very sad and emotional, reminds me of 'Asleep'
12. Some Say I Got Devil 9.5/10 - Fantastic finale with a very unique musical rendition... Very strategically placed last words, "I know I'm not in danger"
Yeah it may not be for everyone. For me, though, I've already went through the album twice and it's quite the blast of sunlight on this gloomy dayThis is where people like you lose me, 10/10’s across the board? Really? Wedding Bell Blues 10?
I ain’t mad tho, I’m glad people are taking to it. But it’s not for me.
Just listened to it all the way through, twice. Not my cup of tea.
Voice sounds great, but the songs just don't really do it for me.
Agreed, the vocals are never in question. But I ain’t fussed about hearing him cover other artists songs. His songwriting and lyricism are what got me involved in the first place, take that away and there’s not much meat left on the bones.
Wow, the exclamation mark has convinced me!