​B​radley Steyn - true-to-you.net

​B​radley Steyn - true-to-you.net

30 July 2014

​B​radley Steyn

I cannot admit to actually "knowing" Bradley Steyn. Yes, I am aware that he is South African and that he lives in Los Angeles, and that he has "walked off" three Morrissey tours - which really is his own business, not mine. My personal involvement with him has been zero, and he has certainly never been Head Of Security on any Morrissey tour.
I am aware of the false story he has placed on various news sites wherein he claims I asked him to "hurt" (kill?) David Tseng. Although Steyn's story lends itself to its own ridicule, I feel I must say to those who have not yet worked it out, that the story is a vexatious lie.
It is common knowledge that I dislike the SoLow site, and I am aware that all of the opinions posted on the site are controlled or written by David Tseng, and that David Tseng will give maximum and inexhaustive publicity to anything said in the negative about me. This is a general truth that most people accept about SoLow. It is nothing new, and I have long since learned to accept it.
The very idea that I would ask a complete stranger (Bradley Steyn) to physically attack David Tseng surely cannot register with any sane person as being likely. As mildly irritating as David Tseng may be, he is not someone who troubles me enough to even bother with.
The shabby truth of this drama is that Bradley Steyn has been trying to extract money from what he terms "the Morrissey tour", and he has failed. He is now desperate, and this story is his latest escapade to gain someone's attention. What he is telling the world is that, as a music venue security officer, anyone who works with him in the future should expect the same harassment and persecution as he is now - mysteriously - wielding my way. It is beyond belief, and it is shocking that someone who makes claims of professionalism would lower himself to this level.
Please note that Bradley Steyn's statement is now in the hands of the Los Angeles Police Department, and is subject to both criminal and civil action.

MORRISSEY
​30 July 2014.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
He only seems happy and alive when he's at war with everyone.....He thrives on argument and seeks conflict wherever he goes. This same pattern has been going on for how long? Doesn't he ever move on from this station of life or is it pure marketing, the artist Morrissey? Is that really a balanced type of person you'd be friends with..I'm trying to stay away from these type of people to be honest..Regardless if it's true or not

In the past I was disagreeing with someone on this site whom thought Morrissey showed sociopathic behavior. I was arguing that he did not. Perhaps I was wrong after all. Even if he only wanted the fan hurt that would qualify. I wonder if there is any evidence.

but this isn't about moderators who are overrun or too busy, its about moderators with their own agenda. There are a small number of negative posters that have a disproportionate input into the feel of the site. This problem comes from the top (the owner) down through the moderation. There is enough moderators and the rules and guidelines are in place, the tools are all there, they are just used improperly.

You are wrong. You bring a prejudice rather than intelligence to the conversation. Give it a rest.

You are wrong. You bring a prejudice rather than intelligence to the conversation. Give it a rest.

Is he wrong? All I can say, as a person that appreciates the art of Morrissey for many reasons, (like many here)....I've had enough of it. I don't believe the bodyguard or any of the fake named trolls here.

I only joined this site to find out about the tour.....it was a great show....his album is excellent.

This statement is emblematic of how out of touch and bitter he has become. Back in the first "wilderness period," Morrissey-solo was rightly regarded as the lifeline to his fanbase. Despite the increase of the lunatic fringe - which one can attribute in part to the general decline of online discourse as we advance into the post-internet years - there is no disputing that the awareness of his activities and critical discussion of his ouevre would be markedly decreased if Morrissey-solo closed up shop. But David didn't kiss the ring, which appears to be expected as par for the course these days. For one who is so ready to dish out criticism and character assassination at a whim, he often shows pathetically little constitution for receiving it.

To create is to invite critique - it comes with that path.

I agree with you. Morrissey has been extremely critical of others and continues to be... but seems unable to take criticism himself. He seems to think everything he does is perfect and he is above the criticism he regularly dishes out to others. I suspect the owner of this site could moderate it better to cut out obviously psycho comments, but this wouldn't be enough for Morrissey. He would still hate the site owner if he allowed anything critical to be whispered about him. It's ironic to criticize world leaders etc when Camp Morrissey is clearly a totalitarian dictatorship where any dissent is quickly quashed. He can control this bubble world, but not the general world outside... so obviously a forum where people might criticize him and is out of his control.. drives him nuts, like it would any control-freak. I think I'd be more sympathetic if Morrrissey was actually nice to other people - rather than so critical - I mean he's said pretty hateful things about others - they're supposed to take it and smile, but he can't? It's a very hate-able quality.

I agree with you. Morrissey has been extremely critical of others and continues to be... but seems unable to take criticism himself. He seems to think everything he does is perfect and he is above the criticism he regularly dishes out to others. I suspect the owner of this site could moderate it better to cut out obviously psycho comments, but this wouldn't be enough for Morrissey. He would still hate the site owner if he allowed anything critical to be whispered about him. It's ironic to criticize world leaders etc when Camp Morrissey is clearly a totalitarian dictatorship where any dissent is quickly quashed. He can control this bubble world, but not the general world outside... so obviously a forum where people might criticize him and is out of his control.. drives him nuts, like it would any control-freak. I think I'd be more sympathetic if Morrrissey was actually nice to other people - rather than so critical - I mean he's said pretty hateful things about others - they're supposed to take it and smile, but he can't? It's a very hate-able quality.

You've never heard Morrissey be complimentary towards someone? The man can gush.

You don't have to be a control freak to not like being criticized en masse.

Come off it. Uncle Skinny is the nicest guy on these forums.

LOL - Are you for real? As mentioned above he is one of the most foul mouthed people on here....he epitomises everything that is wrong with this site, in fact he is whats wrong with this site.

Quite sad when i think about it for a man his age to be spending so much time on a fan site for Morrissey only to purely criticise Morrissey 24/7....maybe its time he should re-evaluate his life.

Arrogant, Sad, Pathetic, Rude. Words that come to mind when i think of Uncle Skinny. What a waste of space.

P. <----- LOL.

Dear Morrissey,
The New Album & Artwork sucks! When did YOU, Lose Control?
Quit fighting with the people who have SALVAGE your Career for the PAST 15 years. I stand behind David T & Morrissey-Solo.
As a Original Member of Solo, I don't like the Trollers either...but it Never Stopped the Positive insight this website has given us Fans.
Because of Moz-Solo it helped keep us Fans together and a place for us to go but it helped keep Your NAME Alive! Stop being a Control Freak, & Being a BULLY & Apology for your Awful behavior towards someone who has DEDICATED themselves to YOU.
STOP making these DREDFUL Albums & take a 5 year Vacation...because you need it. This Music you are putting out is Complete Crap & So NOT Like You! Get a New Team around you, except Boz, We Love him. I'm Not going to tell you, what you want to HEAR, but I am going to tell you, what you NEED to hear!
xoxo Mozluv

We really think it's a great shame, awful, terrible, unspeakable....

....that BrummieBoy isn't around to belly laugh about this like only he can! At Morrissey's expense of course. but he's busy traversing the sorrowful roads of the ancestral homeland. Many sorrow... such cabbage... very Catholicism..... wow. We can only pray that one of the Massive gets word to him so he can be 'doublin' over' in Dublin, before he treks down to the city of his forebears. BB might believe that he's unheard of there, but we can assure him that he's well known locally as 'The Devil in the Stella' - or so our sources tell us, not that I/we have ever been there.

We find all of this business with Tseng and Morrissey *mildly* shocking, not to mention unfortunate and entirely unnecessary #MorrisseyAsFrankSinatraEpicFAIL. Didn't Moz's hero K*** D****** attempt this once when he got a lady pregnant in the '40s with whom he shouldn't have been cavorting? Or so the rumour goes. I don't generally go in for those conspiracy theories, but show me the evidence that K*** DIDN'T arrange for it happen, and I might believe it! LOL! Maybe Moz did stop off for a chat with K.D. on that L.A. street after all.

It was wise of Morrissey to change the lyric "Get that Tseng away from me" to "Get that thing away from me" on Nell McCafferty Drops Dead from the magnificent new album, as he knew the lawsuit was incoming and didn't need to create even more trouble for himself. The first thing he should do 'going forward' is to ditch this Knut Hamsun manager with his Chester A. Arthur sideburns, any continued involvement with that character can not be good for business; as if the PAWs incident wasn't bad enough. We thought with the new music we were seeing a rejuvenated, healed Morrissey, with the L. Ron Mozzizzey shenanigans a thing of the past... apparently not.

Ditch the manager... tour Europe... keep the on-stage comments brief and uncontroversial... no more fighting the Audience, you're not G.G. Allin... get Cliff back on board... see if Marty Wilde, Vince Eager, and Terry Dene are available for other dates on the tour *smirks*.. no more 'Humbug in Hamburg' or Metal Peru-Loo... finish the tour... find some peace. It shouldn't be that difficult to finish a tour, you've done it dozens of times before, get yourself together!

Now that I've straightened Morrissey out there are a few more issues which urgently need to be addressed, but I'll let the new secretary Sookie type for a while, as she needs the experience. She's very capable. It's getting late so I'll order her to do it tomorrow, I'm not a slave driver. For now I'm going off to listen to Majida El Roumi and Tefta Tashko-Koço before sleep.

Usually it would be WPINOYB, but more information about this Tseng incident is required before we can deem it acceptable to play the record again.

Best,
Mozambiguous & Sookie.

Last edited:
Just to add some fuel to the fire regarding Morrissey, his treatment of others, and his music.

I went to see The Fixx the other night--and whether one is a fan of them or not--the points lie in the showmanship and attitude of the band toward its fans.

1. There were maybe 120 fans at this show--surprised they did not cancel. Despite the poor turnout, they had such incredible energy and plays 21 songs.

2. Their tour is called "By Request" and they had envelopes on stage from different fans--they would open an envelope--read the name of the fan--then play the songs. They had some obscure old songs for sure--some played for the first time in 25 years!

3. Cy Curnin was born in 1957--he was into the gig--bantering with fans and showing enthusiasm and interest.

4. A class act--$22.00 for the show--the band members were friendly and interacted with the fans--even saw them at the bar up the street.

Morrissey does not care about his fans, employees, or anyone else--despite what people think.

** I have to say that I agree with you. I don't believe Morrissey DOES care about his fans .It is precisely for this reason that so many sick minded people form a cult and act like jerks about being a fan of his . He allows it to continue. If he truly did not like this site he could have done something about that a long , long time ago. He obviously knows that he has a lot of people who are appreciative of him. I don't always care for this site and found it bizarre when people rated people's comments some time back that was just weird. I seriously thought that was strange .A lot of people who are singers have more interaction with their fans.While I may not like some things about this site I do think that people should be allowed to express their thoughts and feelings freely as he does nothing to clarify anything for anyone for the most part he leaves it open to interpretation.As far as anonymous posting is concerned well people like him can protect their own hide from the people at large some people do not want to be burdened with everyone knowing who they are for their own safety and protection as well. Clearly with as psycho as some people come off I can honestly say I would not really want to talk to them. I am not trying to be negative. I also find it quite amusing how quickly Morrissey has something to say when any controversial post is mentioned on here like the leather shoe incident . Quite hilarious , really. I think he must look at it once in a while because it was mentioned on here earlier then within hours he responded on True To You. I can't say I know how it is to be him. I am not famous. I am guessing he has heard all kinds of nutso thing over the years.I get that he would value having privacy for that reason as I do not live on that scale which I should really be thankful for in retrospect.I am sick of his drama. I think to an extent he likes drama.
Anything Morrissey has said in recent times has really upset me lately. I don't understand why he is so hypocritical. He truly does seem to come off seeming like the people he claims to despise these days. I really wish that a different perspective would be shown once in a while to make me want to like him again. I was into him for a long time .I am not insulting anyone by saying these things. I just think some things should be different . Some of the views expressed on here are good . I don't think people should have to kiss someone's ass just to prove they like someone and if Morrissey calls people out constantly that he dislikes then he needs to comprehend that he is also capable of being scrutinized. Fans seem dumped on by him. He always wants people to feel sorry for him but he is loved. He has had relations in his life. He has a life to be grateful for . No matter how much anyone wanted to express that they care it does not seem like he values them in the first place.
I can't defend the things he says or does anymore. If I had a chance to talk to him I would probably in a down to earth way ask him a few questions really. I totally would and it would not be to get mean spirited but if my opinion wavered from his I would just like to see what he as a person would have to say. I am not an evil person. To an extent I do blame him for this continuing .He could have a lot more to say.

Morrissey needs to sit down and watch Hulmerist to see what he once was--maybe then he will wake up.

Hey I'm at the Observatory about to see Echo & the Bunnymen where the alleged hit request took place if anyone wants me to gather evidence. :p Spare us the cutter, bitches!!!!!!! Yay wine.

I am not aware that all of my opinions posted on the site are controlled or written by David T. I must have missed something.

You aren't aware of that? How unfortunate.

He does run the site... So he has the freedom to edit, delete, or promote your opinions. Note that Morrissey did not claim that David T. controls YOU.

The statement was factually accurate...

I don't always find people mildly irritating.. but when I do.. I ban them from my concerts.

Does this website only operate in Bellevue? This is the most insane group of people online. Your idol has been slandered and accused of a serious crime and all you can respond to is how it relates to you! Are you still wondering why he hates this site? FYI Normal response: poor Morrissey, hope he is ok, what a terrible thing to be accused of.

i kinda agree with the above. this must be a sad day for him to see people talking about this instead of his fantastic new album. i do hope this gets resolved very soon and im curious to see if the police will make any kind of statement thursday about an investigation. in an even sadder way it fits perfectly with the sentiments he expressed on world peace though.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom