​B​radley Steyn - true-to-you.net

​B​radley Steyn - true-to-you.net

30 July 2014

​B​radley Steyn

I cannot admit to actually "knowing" Bradley Steyn. Yes, I am aware that he is South African and that he lives in Los Angeles, and that he has "walked off" three Morrissey tours - which really is his own business, not mine. My personal involvement with him has been zero, and he has certainly never been Head Of Security on any Morrissey tour.
I am aware of the false story he has placed on various news sites wherein he claims I asked him to "hurt" (kill?) David Tseng. Although Steyn's story lends itself to its own ridicule, I feel I must say to those who have not yet worked it out, that the story is a vexatious lie.
It is common knowledge that I dislike the SoLow site, and I am aware that all of the opinions posted on the site are controlled or written by David Tseng, and that David Tseng will give maximum and inexhaustive publicity to anything said in the negative about me. This is a general truth that most people accept about SoLow. It is nothing new, and I have long since learned to accept it.
The very idea that I would ask a complete stranger (Bradley Steyn) to physically attack David Tseng surely cannot register with any sane person as being likely. As mildly irritating as David Tseng may be, he is not someone who troubles me enough to even bother with.
The shabby truth of this drama is that Bradley Steyn has been trying to extract money from what he terms "the Morrissey tour", and he has failed. He is now desperate, and this story is his latest escapade to gain someone's attention. What he is telling the world is that, as a music venue security officer, anyone who works with him in the future should expect the same harassment and persecution as he is now - mysteriously - wielding my way. It is beyond belief, and it is shocking that someone who makes claims of professionalism would lower himself to this level.
Please note that Bradley Steyn's statement is now in the hands of the Los Angeles Police Department, and is subject to both criminal and civil action.

MORRISSEY
​30 July 2014.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet your bandmates are jelly you were quoted in Spin today. Just don't go and get a big head about it, Peter. Fame can ruin a man. :p

Listen, ducky. We are big cheeses. HUGE cheeses in the West Yorkshire Clash/Buzzcocks/Ants/Bansheees re-enactment band scene. And they'd do damn well to remember it. Don't mess with the Grand Fromages. Chere.

People... if you don't like Morrisseeeeeeeeeey go play somewhere else. FOR GOD SAKE!

thanks for the reply stuheff. maybe ill try and change your mind about some fans and show they can be reasonable and civil. cool to see you quoted skinny even if i dont agree with your views on moderation. there are things i like about this site and from what ive read about past postings, in the forum or on the front page, some things i would very easily agree with morrissey about especially by those saying theyre fans. like most things its a mixed bag.

Maybe if Morrissey spent a couple months-years in the slammer. He'll have some stuff to say. Translate it into words and come out with another V&I.

Joking aside, I feel as if Morrissey's past with this site will come back to haunt him if the media and Bradley twist it.
This is interesting and sad at the same time!

Maybe if Morrissey spent a couple months-years in the slammer. He'll have some stuff to say. Translate it into words and come out with another V&I.

Joking aside, I feel as if Morrissey's past with this site will come back to haunt him if the media and Bradley twist it.
This is interesting and sad at the same time!

He'd have a whale of a time with all that young ruffian bum.
He could write a song about it and call it FANTASTIC BIRD!

i dont. if anything i think itll show that the site has a past of provocation and make him look better. the cease and desist orders for sharing illegally content, the slander etc. i mean hell who knows what mods or even david himself has said as anonymous posters that could be used against them if they pull i.p addresses. dont know anything myself but past cases have shown that people have a hard time not posting under alts on there own site.

hell if anything some people might be a little exposed and shamed as an unintended consequence of this court case.

It is a well-known fact that Tseng was indeed targeted by Moz's handlers/bully-boys for removal from his concerts so the track record does not support Moz. But the accusation that Moz wanted to have him roughed up or even killed sounds pretty ludicrous. If Steyn has any sort of proof (emails, witnesses) then maybe he has a case. But if it's his word vs Moz, then I'm sure this will go nowhere fast.

Also, didn't Moz's main security man for years, Arturo, quit a few years ago because of some disagreement with Moz?

Well, that was a weird 12 hours or so.
I've sort of realised that my love of Morrissey rests on a very fragile precipice and as soon as I read anything about him or even worse anything he's said these days it's liable to disintegrate. Given 'World Peace...' is the first Moz album since 'Maladjusted' that actually makes me want to be a Morrissey fan again, I think I'm better off just steering clear of the mentalism that is tax-exile era Moz and just listening to the musics.
So, ta-ra, basically!
And remember, please don't talk about me when I'm gone...

x

PS - lovely people here, mostly. Moz doesn't know he's born!

It is a well-known fact that Tseng was indeed targeted by Moz's handlers/bully-boys for removal from his concerts so the track record does not support Moz. But the accusation that Moz wanted to have him roughed up or even killed sounds pretty ludicrous. If Steyn has any sort of proof (emails, witnesses) then maybe he has a case. But if it's his word vs Moz, then I'm sure this will go nowhere fast.

Also, didn't Moz's main security man for years, Arturo, quit a few years ago because of some disagreement with Moz?

Arturo didn't quit, he wasn't asked back. You can't expect a man Arturo's size to age with any degree of agility -- an important asset in his field of work.

You know what the saddest thing is: Morrissey is a hypocrite. He releases this album telling everyone to be nice and how vile the human race is, at the same time he does nothing but spew hate for others. Why would anyone want to take advice from a guy that is so petty he still hates band members from 20 years ago. Does anyone else find it strange that everyone that works with Morrissey ends up on his bad side? The guy is just a plane A-hole and he needs to look in the mirror and get a grip.

As for David T, Morrissey should be happy this guy actually ran a site that keep Morrissey on the maps for years when there was no other information.

BTW, before I am called a hater, I own every Morrissey album (although never listen to the last 4) and every Smiths album and tons of memorabilia. I just find it sad that this guy is 50 and he fails to evolve.

Word on the street was that Stephen Hawking called Moz a "big old fatty boomboom" at an L.A. party so he put out a contract on the noted physicist.
Arturo was horrified by this and - thinking Morrissey had finally gone too far - made overtures to the (Lloyd) Cole crime family. Morrissey had a snitch in the clan, who used to work for the Elton John Syndicate in Vegas, and got wind of this.
The next day Arturo woke up with a Stella McCartney horses head steak in his bed.
It's a murky world...

Firstly..."As mildly irritating as David Tseng may be, he is not someone who troubles me enough to even bother with." So why did his staff at the venue have a photo of David on their cellphones so they could spot him? And for someone who's trying not to bother with David, he sure mentions him a lot.

Secondly, as Mozrecording spotted..."I am aware that all of the opinions posted on the site are controlled or written by David Tseng" - utter, made-up 100% copper-bottomed nonsense.

Thirdly, as user Ghastly Guest posted..."Man. It really bums me out that Morrissey won't "promote" or do anything really about this fantastic album, but he does find time to post on TTY about deaths and lawsuits. I know it's his nature, but still. ". Indeed.

Oh, and it looks like Eugenius was 100% spot-on in their assessment of how this all kicked off.

P.

Was that tty statement good enough for you? Perhaps you'll retract your appalling statement?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom