​B​radley Steyn - true-to-you.net

​B​radley Steyn - true-to-you.net

30 July 2014

​B​radley Steyn

I cannot admit to actually "knowing" Bradley Steyn. Yes, I am aware that he is South African and that he lives in Los Angeles, and that he has "walked off" three Morrissey tours - which really is his own business, not mine. My personal involvement with him has been zero, and he has certainly never been Head Of Security on any Morrissey tour.
I am aware of the false story he has placed on various news sites wherein he claims I asked him to "hurt" (kill?) David Tseng. Although Steyn's story lends itself to its own ridicule, I feel I must say to those who have not yet worked it out, that the story is a vexatious lie.
It is common knowledge that I dislike the SoLow site, and I am aware that all of the opinions posted on the site are controlled or written by David Tseng, and that David Tseng will give maximum and inexhaustive publicity to anything said in the negative about me. This is a general truth that most people accept about SoLow. It is nothing new, and I have long since learned to accept it.
The very idea that I would ask a complete stranger (Bradley Steyn) to physically attack David Tseng surely cannot register with any sane person as being likely. As mildly irritating as David Tseng may be, he is not someone who troubles me enough to even bother with.
The shabby truth of this drama is that Bradley Steyn has been trying to extract money from what he terms "the Morrissey tour", and he has failed. He is now desperate, and this story is his latest escapade to gain someone's attention. What he is telling the world is that, as a music venue security officer, anyone who works with him in the future should expect the same harassment and persecution as he is now - mysteriously - wielding my way. It is beyond belief, and it is shocking that someone who makes claims of professionalism would lower himself to this level.
Please note that Bradley Steyn's statement is now in the hands of the Los Angeles Police Department, and is subject to both criminal and civil action.

MORRISSEY
​30 July 2014.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
And love has somehow turned to hate.....I've read your stuff and I'm sure you are a fan but this has gotten out of hand.

I say shut it down....it's usefulness has come and gone. Would you continue to operate this if Morrissey told you he hated it..?

Yes because I think Morrissey is easily influenced by the wrong people who fuel his poorly-thought out fires and plant seeds in his head that morph into long-standing grudges. That's not to say I don't trust Morrissey's sense of caution, I just don't agree with him on this particular one. There is a LOT of wonderful insight and love on SOLOW. He has trust issues, that's understandable and I have patience regarding that.

If the solution were on solo, the devil would want it shut down.

Not you skinny.....still waiting for an answer.

I say shut it the hell down. If Morrissey told you to your face (and you were a fan) that he hated it...would you continue to operate?

Yeah, I would. I've always been consistent on this. I don't want to speak for David or the other mods, but I've been here for many, many years, and I do it to keep the fan service going. So Moz shits on us from time to time. The fans are still there, wanting info they don't get elsewhere. It's a service. Yes. I'd still do it.

P.

Yes because I think Morrissey is easily influenced by the wrong people who fuel his poorly-thought out fires and plant seeds in his head that morph into long-standing grudges. That's not to say I don't trust Morrissey's sense of caution, I just don't agree with him on this particular one. There is a LOT of wonderful insight and love on SOLOW. He has trust issues, that's understandable and I have patience regarding that.

If the solution were on solo, the devil would want it shut down.

Well...I wouldn't because I don't know him and would have to take him at his word.

Earth...truly is the loneliest planet.

Yeah, I would. I've always been consistent on this. I don't want to speak for David or the other mods, but I've been here for many, many years, and I do it to keep the fan service going. So Moz shits on us from time to time. The fans are still there, wanting info they don't get elsewhere. It's a service. Yes. I'd still do it.

P.

OK....I wouldn't out of respect for one of my favorite artists....keene, Irish Blood...American Heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not nice reading negative things about yourself. No one likes that. What Morrissey should do is just stay away. I think his vanity has, on many occasions, got the better of him, and he's just popped on here for a little look at fan reaction to his latest single.

In Morrissey's head, David has the say on whether these stories are published. He has the choice about whether the floodgates are opened, comments are allowed, and the whole f***ing spectrum of human life are allowed to comment and add their pointless two pennies' worth.

Morrissey's fan base has diminished so much since the wilderness days, and it's all because of this website. This is fact, not opinion. But this fan base WOULD NOT have existed 1998 to like 2002 if it wasn't for this site. There were several others, most of which have now closed or changed beyond recognition. But Morrissey-solo was always the epicentre of Morrissey fandom.

The site has always, ALWAYS posted every scrap of Morrissey information available, since the days when there really wasn't any news to publish. The low points and the high points have all been posted neutrally. No opinion pieces, nothing that is overtly detrimental to Moz.

It's fan reaction. There always used to be mentalists here, and there still are. People with multiple handles and personalities, stalking the chatroom Jekyl and Hyde-like. Neurotic, vain types, too, who would trawl through every chatroom post, looking for their own name. David T is not to blame. The anon posters who seek to post harmful, detrimental and downright weird things.

But that's life! The world is full of weirdos. people are the same everywhere. If you delete one post, you may as well delete all of them.

If you're a public figure, or in the entertainment industry, FFS don't read your own reviews... Don't become entombed in the opinions of others. What's the point. Haterz gonna hate! Build a bridge and get over it

This is one of the funniest stories from Mozville yet.

So basically some desperate tour security schlub is claiming Moz put an order on him to whack DT, then Moz comes back via TTY to quash claims that he never asked to hit David, above all this he gives this site even more publicity and gets LA County Police involved.

This is infinite Lol.

how so stuheff?

i dont know. i dont think he means the forum even though thats the part we enjoy and see this site as being (the largest part), a fan forum, but he probably just sees it as the front page news section ya know where they posted he had aids which i could understand making him somewhat upset. thats like being upset at my mom because she doesnt understand the internet as well as other younger people. its easy to see moz as being out of touch with online activity and how most see it.

These are my thoughts as well.
Of course he doesnt mean all the good things, to assume that is just silly.
I get the impression that many on this site choose to interpret it that way just to get another chance to rant about how awful Morrissey is.
Weird and uncomfortable to see.

Last edited:
Last edited:
This is one of the funniest stories from Mozville yet.

So basically some desperate tour security schlub is claiming Moz put an order on him to whack DT, then Moz comes back via TTY to quash claims that he never asked to hit David, above all this he gives this site even more publicity and gets LA County Police involved.

This is infinite Lol.

There's got to be a screenplay in here, right?

how so stuheff?

i dont know. i dont think he means the forum even though thats the part we enjoy and see this site as being (the largest part), a fan forum, but he probably just sees it as the front page news section ya know where they posted he had aids which i could understand making him somewhat upset. thats like being upset at my mom because she doesnt understand the internet as well as other younger people. its easy to see moz as being out of touch with online activity and how most see it.

I don't enjoy the forum. That's why I stopped interacting with this site. What I like about this site and admire about David and the mods, is the news and information it delivers about an artist Who's creations I enjoy and their constant resilience in the face of obscure abuse from the artist himself. This site has supported Morrissey fans with relevant Morrissey news for years he should be praising the ground the contributors walk on. I'm amazed that he gave the NME a 2nd chance and now APPEARS to be interacting with it again... I guess SoLow doesn't reach that lucrative teen market.

and I really don't think old Mozzer is as out of touch as he would us to believe.

Did you legally have your name changed to simply "keene"?
If so, was it out of your great admiration for artists such as Cher and Madonna?

Did you have your name changed to Viva Hate ...or is that just the tattoo on your forehead?

Fame! But the important thing is that what I posted is the truth.

P.

I bet your bandmates are jelly you were quoted in Spin today. Just don't go and get a big head about it, Peter. Fame can ruin a man. :p

Back
Top Bottom