​B​radley Steyn - true-to-you.net

​B​radley Steyn - true-to-you.net

30 July 2014

​B​radley Steyn

I cannot admit to actually "knowing" Bradley Steyn. Yes, I am aware that he is South African and that he lives in Los Angeles, and that he has "walked off" three Morrissey tours - which really is his own business, not mine. My personal involvement with him has been zero, and he has certainly never been Head Of Security on any Morrissey tour.
I am aware of the false story he has placed on various news sites wherein he claims I asked him to "hurt" (kill?) David Tseng. Although Steyn's story lends itself to its own ridicule, I feel I must say to those who have not yet worked it out, that the story is a vexatious lie.
It is common knowledge that I dislike the SoLow site, and I am aware that all of the opinions posted on the site are controlled or written by David Tseng, and that David Tseng will give maximum and inexhaustive publicity to anything said in the negative about me. This is a general truth that most people accept about SoLow. It is nothing new, and I have long since learned to accept it.
The very idea that I would ask a complete stranger (Bradley Steyn) to physically attack David Tseng surely cannot register with any sane person as being likely. As mildly irritating as David Tseng may be, he is not someone who troubles me enough to even bother with.
The shabby truth of this drama is that Bradley Steyn has been trying to extract money from what he terms "the Morrissey tour", and he has failed. He is now desperate, and this story is his latest escapade to gain someone's attention. What he is telling the world is that, as a music venue security officer, anyone who works with him in the future should expect the same harassment and persecution as he is now - mysteriously - wielding my way. It is beyond belief, and it is shocking that someone who makes claims of professionalism would lower himself to this level.
Please note that Bradley Steyn's statement is now in the hands of the Los Angeles Police Department, and is subject to both criminal and civil action.

MORRISSEY
​30 July 2014.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
"I am aware that all of the opinions posted on the site are controlled or written by David Tseng, and that David Tseng will give maximum and inexhaustive publicity to anything said in the negative about me."

Um, he is aware that collectively we have pretty much jizzed gallons over his new album, right?

I think that entire paragraph about David is old bad grudgey blood.

I like David. I think he does a good job of reporting everything and making an attempt to do the OPPOSITE of what Morrissey claims. If there's a shitty story he'll post it first, then he'll post the more favorable story on top of it pushing it down the list so that casual glancers don't see the shitty story. And one time we both found a twitter lead about a Morrissey reference in a financial magazine and he PM'd me commending me for finding the odd stories about morrissey outside the general music scene, alluding that he liked to broaden the depth of exposure of Morrissey's name to all news items, not just Spin and NME and whatever. I think he really does have Morrissey's back. He's very patient with all this too which is commendable.

I am not aware that all of my opinions posted on the site are controlled or written by David T. I must have missed something.

Your opinions posted on this site are indeed controlled by David T because David T controls the site.

Morrissey is not talking about your opinions posted elsewhere.

David keeps what he wants here. David deletes what he wants. Therefore he controls the content of the site. It's plain and simple.

Morrissey is retarded...and I don't believe him for one second. All opinions are written or controlled by David? I guess that explains why a majority of people thought the last album was actually good...must have been just another way to humiliate you.

Also, how is someone who was with you as security for 3 tours "a stranger"? Wasn't Arturo just security yet was thanked on countless releases for years? I find it very hard to believe this guy is a stranger to Morrissey.

Well, he controls the content by allowing it to remain on his website, I suppose. I mean, I use other sites where the kind of abuse dished out here by some posters would just not be tolerated. Not for a second. Which admittedly can seem a little overzealous at times. But I don't think it's censorship necessarily.

Well, right, I would not have a problem if a complete nut-job making completely outlandish posts was moderated. But what about the regular folks on here that just like to comment objectively on his music, concerts, etc. Does me saying "I really hate 'Kick the Bride Down the Aisle' but love 'Istanbul'" make me a slinger of negativity in Morrissey's eyes? Probs!

yeah when he says the site i dont think he means the forum, he probably means the main page news which i didnt think anyone could create. if david is in charge of the moderators and chooses who they are and gives them this power/responsibility then his statement makes sense and david can be said to be responsible and in control. he also said "enough" and probably doesnt want another stage incident or disruption to his performance (read the ending of the show) which is also a sentiment probably shared by the venue and promoters. when a show goes down there is usually a security discussion about possible problems that could mean a disrution refund that the venue doesnt want so that they wont be forced to give a refund. this is also why venue security dealt with david and not moz's personal security. the venue is the one concerned and distributes photos and ejected to protect there financial interests not moz as he gets paid either way. i dont know anything about david and didnt even know the name of the guy who ran owns the rights to the site before now but this is what i believe.

This statement is emblematic of how out of touch and bitter he has become. Back in the first "wilderness period," Morrissey-solo was rightly regarded as the lifeline to his fanbase. Despite the increase of the lunatic fringe - which one can attribute in part to the general decline of online discourse as we advance into the post-internet years - there is no disputing that the awareness of his activities and critical discussion of his ouevre would be markedly decreased if Morrissey-solo closed up shop. But David didn't kiss the ring, which appears to be expected as par for the course these days. For one who is so ready to dish out criticism and character assassination at a whim, he often shows pathetically little constitution for receiving it.

To create is to invite critique - it comes with that path.

Ok, morrissey found me out. I am really David Tseng.

Well, right, I would not have a problem if a complete nut-job making completely outlandish posts was moderated. But what about the regular folks on here that just like to comment objectively on his music, concerts, etc. Does me saying "I really hate 'Kick the Bride Down the Aisle' but love 'Istanbul'" make me a slinger of negativity in Morrissey's eyes? Probs!

Well, that's it exactly. It's striking the right balance between the two, I suppose.

Your opinions posted on this site are indeed controlled by David T because David T controls the site.

David keeps what he wants here. David deletes what he wants. Therefore he controls the content of the site. It's plain and simple.

David does not control the site the users do. I can't recall the last time I or anyone else deleted comment here. I really can't. It's open, and has all comments pro, anti and in between. As Skylarker pointed out above, the reaction to the album could not have been warmer. Did you miss all that? This site has ALL opinions, whether you or anyone else likes it. You say David keeps what he wants and deletes what he wants. You could not possibly have any evidence to back this up. But that's not the issue at hand here - the issue here is Morrissey's ham-fisted handling of yet another crisis.

P.

Last edited:
I can certainly understand what Morrissey is saying. Why have a fan site that says such horrible things about the artist. I am sure Morrissey does not want to read such horrible things about himself anywhere much less on a site that is devoted to him!!! The fact of the matter is that Morrissey feels some of the lead stories are negative (ie. not paying his t-shirt bill). David has complete control over these stories and still prints them. Anyone could see how this would be offensive to Morrissey.

Now the question becomes why he allows this to happen. He could easily sue David and the site and ask for it to be taken down. Maybe deep down he knows that this site is keeping his name alive and helping to promote him. So Morrissey should really get off the pot or piss. If he doesn't like the site he should sue David and have it taken down for defemation or just ignore it!

I wonder if the site continues because he wants to be a thorn in Morrissey's side. Usually if anyone hates you, you don't love them back. Sadly, that's just human nature.

Firstly..."As mildly irritating as David Tseng may be, he is not someone who troubles me enough to even bother with." So why did his staff at the venue have a photo of David on their cellphones so they could spot him? And for someone who's trying not to bother with David, he sure mentions him a lot.

He was pointed out to security by other regulars. You make it look as if Morrissey's security would check the queue at each show, which is ridiculous.

David Tseng is despised by Morrissey--and always will be--for allowing the "news story" of the first three tracks of ROTT leaking to go on the front page.

And let's be realistic, David forever earned the hate that day.

He was pointed out to security by other regulars. You make it look as if Morrissey's security would check the queue at each show, which is ridiculous.

Actually you're wrong. You might be thinking of Copenhagen, in which case you would be right. But on this occasion, the Santa Ana show, you are wrong.

P.

This is a very schizophrenic thought.

In symbolic news there's some credence to the idea that Jesus descended from the House of David, and that the Davidic Covenant could account for the idea that all thoughts are controlled by David or by extension God as mandated by the convenant to establish the messianic prophesy?

I'll get me straight jacket. :D

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom