"Även de mest lojala överger Morrissey" by Martin Söderström - Aftonbladet

An anonymous person send the link:

Även de mest lojala överger Morrissey - Aftonbladet
Ikväll skulle han spelat i Sverige
by Martin Söderström

Google Translate to English:

Even the most loyal abandon Morrissey
Tonight he would have played in Sweden

Tonight Morrissey would have been on stage at Dalhalla . Now it was not. The whole European Tour was canceled and the question is inevitable:

Is this the end for Morrissey?

In recent years , Morrissey's star has been in free fall. Not because of bad discs or tired concerts. These were the interviews that eventually broke us.

We sighed desperately when he spoke insensibly about the bombing in Manchester. We were ashamed when in Der Spiegel called Berlin for "the capital of the rapists" (because of immigration, what else?). We did not believe our ears when he expressed sympathy for the former English Defense Leagu leader and also the Muslim hater Tommy Robinson . And we lost the air when he, at best Breitbart manners, began to shout about "the loony left", mainstreammedia's oppression and Hitler my left.

When the singer this spring urged his listeners to vote for the High Extreme, Islamist Ukip Breakers in Britain, the bottom was reached. In the end, even his most loyal defender did not even hurt him anymore. That is the reason why Moz does not appear in a lime off-road outside Rättvik this evening.

The official explanation for the slipped tour is of course a completely different one. "Logistical circumstances", it is called. Instead, it was about sluggish ticket sales. The places Morrissey previously sold out in the past, still had unsold plates left. An insider revealed that until the Edinburgh concert, 400 of the 2 500 (scary) tickets had been spent just weeks left for showtime. In Sweden, it looked the same. My Swedish industry source confirmed that the concert at Dalhalla was "really far from sold out".

Of course, pop stars also have the right to say almost anything. But the recipient is also entitled to respond and act. In the United States, much is said to "vote with your dollar". That's exactly what Morrissey's audience did. Thousands of disappointed ex-fans have chosen not to fund Mozzers fall.

I'm one of them. For too long, I defended. Seemed idiotic statements in context. Tried to understand. Excused. Would you like the man behind the songs that saved my life would not have been transformed into their own antites.

I was wrong.

Moz, once all the outside world's own patron saint, stands alone.

To trot his own song Boxers:

"Your weary fans are walking away".

Martin Söderström is an idiot. Nearly 400 seats in the Grand Circle were sold leaving 30+ seats unsold, and he forgot to add all the standing tickets that were sold! There were only a couple hundred standing tickets left unsold.

This on the day the anti-immigration Sweden Democrats went to the top of the polls ahead of the September General Election.

Yes, they're one of my favourite bands, saw them in May at Bridgewater Hall in Manchester, Mike Joyce was there as well, was nice to have a pint and a chat with him.
Ian MacCulloch is second only to Moz as my fave singer of all time. And I may add lyricist as well. Great man.
And again, who cares if their last records are not up to the standards of the older works or haven't sold as well.
They've earned legendary status a long time ago. Just like Moz/Smiths have.

"In recent years , Morrissey's star has been in free fall. Not because of bad discs or tired concerts."

The bad discs aren't helping though, are they?

My uncle had a bad disc but putting a sheet of plywood under his mattress really helped.

even god is racist and makes people say and do dumb things like blowing kids up for the sake of "god", but god's never had a hit record or even shown his face. i'd have morrissey over for lunch any day of the week and we could talk about all the dummies in this world taking everything so literally. LOL everyone needs to stop. my dog is racist too because he barks with xenophobic undertones. do i stop feeding him? no? do i stop reading his blog or making sure he has netflix and hulu? no. i don't take my dog too seriously. no my mom on the other hand. boy she's very racist, especially when she goes to the beach. she says stuff under her breath and the wind and salt air just absorbs takes it away. do i stop buying her records or erasing her from my memories? no, i buy her a coffee and we stroll on the boardwalk and i tell her she's a nice mom.

I am rather taken with the phrase “We sighed desperately.” Must work that into conversation. Article wasn’t a total loss.

Sure. That sentence harbors an intense level of emotions. Thanks for letting us know, Try Anything Twice. I had overlooked it trying to understand the purpose of the article, which I never did. Now my heart is full. *sigh desperately*

Hi are you an expert on sales?
You seem to be very confident in what you’re saying?
Before the Edinburgh gig was cancelled, you could see what seated tickets had been sold on the ticketmaster website. On that basis, probably at least a few hundred tickets overall were unsold, but it can't have been as many as 1,800. The tickets left were going very slowly, so Moz would proably have been playing to some empty rows, but it could have gone ahead in principle.

BTW I have it in for Morrissey as much as the the next ex-fan, but the facts are bad enough for him without wishing for things to be true that probably are not.

I had a ticket to Dalhalla... And my friends also did. Moz, never give up. Come to Russia once again, luv.

Martin Söderström is an idiot. Nearly 400 seats in the Grand Circle were sold leaving 30+ seats unsold, and he forgot to add all the standing tickets that were sold! There were only a couple hundred standing tickets left unsold.
Only thing that put me off buying tickets to Edinburgh & Manchester was the price. Considering in 2012 it was £36 to see Morrissey at Usher Hall, a jump in less than 6 years to double price, no way I'm going, how many others like me? Also the Edinburgh gig was announced after the Manchester gigs, so some would have organised for Manchester, both nights, why bother with another 400 mile round trip 3 days before the Manchester gig?, saying that I would have gone to all 3 of them if the price was £45ish, I have the money but I refuse to be ripped off, simple.

I’m glad Morrissey is anti islam. It means he’s got a brain and a set of balls between his legs unlike a few around here who would let islam rape their own family before saying anything bad about that group of pedos lovers. Their own prophet was a pedophile so what can you expect.

Only thing that put me off buying tickets to Edinburgh & Manchester was the price. Considering in 2012 it was £36 to see Morrissey at Usher Hall, a jump in less than 6 years to double price, no way I'm going, how many others like me? Also the Edinburgh gig was announced after the Manchester gigs, so some would have organised for Manchester, both nights, why bother with another 400 mile round trip 3 days before the Manchester gig?, saying that I would have gone to all 3 of them if the price was £45ish, I have the money but I refuse to be ripped off, simple.

Yes, save your. Money for Boyzone tickets which go up to 130 pounds

Nice to read some swedish on this website!

Had no idea it was tonight and it's not like I was going anyway. I always felt he should have retired long ago and the last few years have just embarrassing and it is obvious he's just released albums and toured to make some more money.
What I liked about him when he was still young was this edgy side to him and there really was no one like him then but then he perfected a few things far too much for my liking. The indie singer tried to become some sort of Frank Sinatra and that will never work.

Too romantic for my taste as well. No one reads Aftonbladet in Sweden as they are a lefties agenda fake news paper with loads of problems. The only ones I trust when it comes to writing about Morrissey is Andres Lokko and Johan Hakelius.

I’m glad Morrissey is anti islam. It means he’s got a brain and a set of balls between his legs unlike a few around here who would let islam rape their own family before saying anything bad about that group of pedos lovers. Their own prophet was a pedophile so what can you expect.
This post doesn't do anything for anyone as far as I can see, I don't recall Morrissey directly insulting Islam? Did He?, and as much as I have issues with Islamic extremists, I also know some very peaceful Muslims who would never hurt anyone. You can't blame a massive majority over the actions of a few, although it would be good to see more Muslims condemn the actions of terrorists. It's a difficult situation,

This on the day the anti-immigration Sweden Democrats went to the top of the polls ahead of the September General Election.
Despite quite a big drop from the last survey and here the party leader Jimmie Åkesson becomes the new Morrissey of Sweden.

LOL

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom