£100 for a west ham boys club shirt??

mywar

practicing troublemaker
wow...and it's not even a legit one from the tour, but a remake.
http://cgi.ebay.com/West-Ham-Boys-C...7QQihZ004QQcategoryZ72439QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

now i guess (or at least hope) whoever's selling it won't actually get that much...but are they really that sought after that anyone would even think it was remotely realistic to ask that much?
cause i actually recreated the WHBC art (and the "english martyrs" one) in illustrator a while back, and without patting my own back too much, it actually looks closer to the real deal than that one does (you can see a very, very tiny version of it in my avatar actually).
anyway, that auction made me think that maybe i should actually get some printed up...but would people actually be interested? i mean i probably wouldn't get too many made, i'm thinking around 20 or so...so they probably wouldn't be cheap, but far from £100 at least.
anyway, just putting some feelers out to see if this is something people would actually buy, or if i would just be able to sell one or two and get stuck with a load of shirts i had no use for (and a lot of lost money).

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'd be interested in one but I couldn't wear it in case people thought I was the idiot that paid £99 for it on Ebay! Nice idea though hope you get enough interest to give it a go.

You can still buy the t-shirts direct from the West Ham Boys Club for £10 each. Obviously you will need to add p+p but I dont know how much that would be depending on where you live.
If anyone is interested, write to the club at this address

West Ham Boys Club
The Black Lion
59-61 High Street
Plaistow
London
E13 0AD

I also sent a message to the ebay seller informing him / her of this fact!

The Goat

Last edited:
The seller responds!

Just had this response from the seller of the shirt after I kindly pointed out that you can buy them direct from the club for £10.
The Goat

'I just Googled the top & got this factoid - ''WEST HAM BOYS CLUB ' T-shirts (West Ham Boxing Club) as worn by the Cockney Rejects and Morrissey can also be purhcased from The Golden Lion pub, Plaistow. Available in White, Blue and Claret.' Hmm...I'm kicking myself for not accepting the £100 offer I had six months ago now! They're not the same top at all actually (from the photo links), but still. I think the guy who originally printed the Moz replica ones is from round my way. Perhaps I'll be better off crossing my fingers for the rare Queen t-shirt as a success, but if I went into the amount of money my ex fleeced me for you'd understand the uncharacteristic capitalist flinging of my assets onto ebay! :) Have a good week :)'

You can still buy the t-shirts direct from the West Ham Boys Club for £10 each. Obviously you will need to add p+p but I dont know how much that would be depending on where you live.
If anyone is interested, write to the club at this address

West Ham Boys Club
The Black Lion
59-61 High Street
Plaistow
London
E13 0AD

I also sent a message to the ebay seller informing him / her of this fact!

The Goat

hmm...interesting. you sure they're the exact same shirts though? i found a photo that was supposedly the same one that they're selling, and it looks completely different... (link)
i'm sort of guessing that they're selling something similar, but moz had the ones on the "oye esteban" tour custom made slightly differently, seeing as how he also had the "english martyrs" and "canning town sauna club" shirts in the same style, and even in this progressive age, i can't really imagine a soccer pub selling tshirts promoting a sauna club ;)
but like i said, this is just me guessing, and i'll gladly be proven wrong if that means the shirts are available for order.

I have no idea whether the ones on sale at the club now are original designs or anything like Morrissey wore in 1999.
I just didn't want someone to pay £100 for a t-shirt they can buy for a tenner!

The Goat

And that EVERYONE is the good Goat looking out for your best interest and your wallet. Give that man a ccccccccccccccigar. Thanks for keeping us in the know Goat.

BR

Thanks Boy Racer
I dont smoke, so a beer or two will do very nicely thanks! :D

The Goat

I paid £20 for one in 2000 from someone linked to this site and the quality was tremendous.The garment in question looks a tad flimsy to me.

wow...and it's not even a legit one from the tour, but a remake.
http://cgi.ebay.com/West-Ham-Boys-C...7QQihZ004QQcategoryZ72439QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

now i guess (or at least hope) whoever's selling it won't actually get that much...but are they really that sought after that anyone would even think it was remotely realistic to ask that much?
cause i actually recreated the WHBC art (and the "english martyrs" one) in illustrator a while back, and without patting my own back too much, it actually looks closer to the real deal than that one does (you can see a very, very tiny version of it in my avatar actually).
anyway, that auction made me think that maybe i should actually get some printed up...but would people actually be interested? i mean i probably wouldn't get too many made, i'm thinking around 20 or so...so they probably wouldn't be cheap, but far from £100 at least.
anyway, just putting some feelers out to see if this is something people would actually buy, or if i would just be able to sell one or two and get stuck with a load of shirts i had no use for (and a lot of lost money).

Any progress in your idea of getting WHBC t-shirts printed? I f you're still thinking of it I would want one (depends on the price too of course). I attach the figure of WHBC I found on this site back in 99 in a thread called -backdrop projections- I remember because I was so after them :)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom