"¡The Best Of! Morrissey" vinyl released (30 August, 2019)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Aug 30, 2019.

By Famous when dead on Aug 30, 2019 at 6:19 AM
  1. Famous when dead

Famous when dead Vulgarian Moderator

[​IMG]

Today is the official release date for ¡The Best Of! Morrissey.
    This is the first time it has been available on black/clear 180g vinyl.
    The black Parlophone vinyl has been available almost a week prior in many UK indie shops and one clear ltd. vinyl Rhino version of the record has been spotted via Twitter so far (insert with the record states 1600 made):

20190830_155427.jpg

The standard version is showing in the majority of usual suppliers.
    A selected few:
    HMV (their online ordering is finally fixed)
    Amazon UK / Amazon USA

Rough Trade / Crash et al

Interestingly, the clear vinyl version still appears in stock via Rhino and is also still on the Warners Music Australian Store (as pointed out by @ordinaryboy86 ).
    Morrissey Central made a further post of one picture on the 2nd of September.
    Regards,
    FWD.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      • Like Like x 2
      • Troll Troll x 1
    2. Hovis Lesley
      Hovis Lesley
      Feeling a little silly, again?
    3. SweetnTenderYorkshireman
      SweetnTenderYorkshireman
      Haven’t listened to Morrissey in a while properly, whilst I believe in free speech, the art isn’t the artist etc blah blah (let’s not turn every thread into a tedious political slagging match) the constant negativity (self inflicted by Moz to be fair) has just made me not feel like listening.

Picked this up after having it preordered at my local indie, and it takes just seconds to raise a smile on my face hearing his voice. It’s a great compilation, near perfect for the era, barring the lack of “Maladjusted” and “Trouble Loves Me” and when all is said and done, it’s these records I love...
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
      If you believe in free speech, you won't mind me calling Morrissey a money-grabbing racist cunt.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    5. SweetnTenderYorkshireman
      SweetnTenderYorkshireman
      No no no that’s too far I’m afraid, I’m going to have to tell your mother immediately!
    6. !Viva Hate!
      !Viva Hate!
      C48FFF97-4E83-4492-8726-7E35DBA51C92.jpeg
    7. !Viva Hate!
      !Viva Hate!
      AD5B80F7-9433-4496-8ED9-55B78A52E108.jpeg
    8. !Viva Hate!
      !Viva Hate!
      F619CD90-15A2-4F5E-9AC5-4E3A1ABEA134.jpeg
    9. !Viva Hate!
    10. marred
      marred
      My clear vinyl just arrived and sounds great. Time for vinyl reissue of Southpaw Grammar and Maladjusted please. Why only CD for those? A travesty.
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      His political views are costing him fans and costing him money. This has now become very obvious even to him. It would be very easy for him (and hugely financially beneficial) to issue a retraction of all the idiotic things he's done and said in the last 18 months, especially his support for the right wing For Britain party.
      But he hasn't done that - I wish he would and (like 50%-60% of his pre-2018 UK fanbase) I will not buy any more of his songs or concert tickets until he does. We can accuse him of idiotic/bigoted/racist views but I'm afraid we can't also call him 'money grabbing' because the one thing contradicts the other.
      Hopefully, you will also reflect on your own spectacular foolishness for dedicating so much of your life following a pop star who turned out to be a bit of a twat.
      • Redundant Redundant x 3
    12. Hovis Lesley
      Hovis Lesley
      Agreed. With the original artwork restored, preferably.

My (two) copies of Best of ... have arrived: what a compilation.
      • Like Like x 1