‘Ultimate Pet Shop Boys’ features 19 singles, from ‘West End Girls’ to ‘Love Etc.’

The Seeker of Good Songs

‘Ultimate Pet Shop Boys’ features 19 singles, from ‘West End Girls’ to ‘Love Etc.’

petshopboys.jpg

On Nov. 1, the Pet Shop Boys will release a new best-of disc called Ultimate Pet Shop Boys, billed as a “comprehensive greatest hits collection” loaded with 19 hit singles appearing in chronological order, spanning 1984’s “West End Girls” to “Love Etc.,” the first single off the band’s 2009 album Yes.
A special edition of the album will include a bonus DVD featuring classic BBC performance from “Top of the Pops” and other shows filmed over the past 25 years, as well as the duo’s “celebrated Glastonbury Saturday night headline show from June.” The full tracklist for both the CD and DVD is promised to be posted on the band’s site “shortly.”
The Pet Shop Boys also have sparked speculation that there will be new material on the disc after recently tweeting, “Loving this new song we’ve written and recorded this week.” Today, the band used Twitter to reveal the new disc’s cover art, seen above.

from: http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2010/09/14/ultimate-pet-shop-boys-greatest-hits-collection/

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Re: ‘Ultimate Pet Shop Boys’ features 19 singles, from ‘West End Girls’ to ‘Love Etc.

I used to love and collect PSB. Dont like at all the direction they have taken since the release of Fundamental. All these costumes, not my cup of tea anymore. Behaviour my TOP favourite album , pop at its best.
Cheers Neil & Chris

Re: ‘Ultimate Pet Shop Boys’ features 19 singles, from ‘West End Girls’ to ‘Love Etc.

I understand it was for the anniversary but I think it's too soon to issue another best-of collection, however totally welcome the dvd :)
I personally have not enjoyed Yes or Fundamental at all, and apparently critics say they are their best...what do they know.

Back
Top Bottom