- What's up with flat/threaded/nested comments?
- Will you delete my comment?
- Why did my comment get deleted?
- Why did it take so long for my comment
- What's up with "First Post" comments?
- Comment posts are getting crappy. What
are you doing about it?
- Moderation seems restrictive. Is it really
- Most of the trolls and useless stuff comes
from "Anonymous Coward" posters. Have you thought about eliminating anonymous
- Doesn't this open posting policy ever
get you into trouble?
- Why am I receiving the message "You can't post to this page."?
- How did the moderation system develop?
- How does moderation work?
- Do editors moderate?
- What are thresholds?
- What is karma?
- What does "Good", "Bad" etc. Karma Mean?
- Karma used to be a number, now it is a
word, this sucks!
- Is there a limit to how much karma you
- It seems unfair that I can't get any more
karma than that even if I earn it.
- Why didn't I get karma for a Quickie or
a Slashback story?
- What is karma Good For?
- Why is my karma not what I expect?
- My Karma: How low can it go?
- Whenever I use my +1 Bonus, I get moderated
down and lose karma!
- I'm not getting the Karma I deserve (or
Unfairly Losing it!) for posts once I get near the Karma Ceiling
- I just got moderator access. What do
- Why can't I moderate any more?
- Why don't you give moderators unlimited
moderator access to 5 stories instead of giving them just 5 points?
- I found a comment that was unfairly moderated!
- What about separating the rating (+1,-1),
from the qualifier (off-topic, informative)? Often times a post may be flamebait,
but of excellent quality, nevertheless.
- Is this censorship?
- I found a comment rated -2 or 6!
- What is a good comment? A bad comment?
- 3 days is not enough time to moderate!
- If I post in a discussion I moderated,
why don't I get my points back?
- How can I improve my karma?
- Lots of early posts that "seem" to be
informative/insightful and get modded up when they really shouldn't be. If
the author sounds confident, people seem to just give him points. By the time
an actual informative post makes it in, it's too late to go back. How could
you accommodate this in the moderation system?
- What sorts of anti-troll filters exist?
- What about comments copy-and-pasted from other sources?
- Why can't I search or filter archived
What is this
- What are post modes? ?
- A comment I posted shows a different
score on my user page than in the comments page.
- What do the choices in the moderation drop-down boxes mean?
- What does it mean when I see an Asterisk following a user's ID number?
- Does the Karma Bonus Disappear On Highly Moderated Comments?
- How about an NNTP news gateway?
- Have you considered rewriting Slashdot
- Have you considered PHP?
- How about a page for rejected or pending
- How about giving us a reason for rejecting
- How about allowing readers to directly
administer the submissions bin?
- How about an AvantGo channel, or some
other PDA interface?
- Getting the Slashdot headlines by
'finger @www.slashdot.org' would be nice, don't you think?
- Slashdot should cache pages to prevent
the Slashdot Effect!
- Is is possible to have META tags that
Slashdot looks for in a story link before allowing it to be submitted/posted?
Many times a server can't handle the load of a Slashdotting. So can the site
have tags to prevent it from being added to a slashdot story?
- It seems that many moderators, because
of the way they read comments, (higher thresholds, older comments first),
only see comments that are posted with a bonus, or have already been moderated
up. Wouldn't it make more sense to require moderators to read at a threshold
of 0 with newest comments first?
- Have you ever thought about hiding
comment scores when people are moderating? It might help alleviate "Group
- I have a suggestion for improving
- What about other moderation models
such as those used by Kuro5hin, everything2, or advogato.org?
- Will some of the subsections spin
off as sites in their own right?
- I need information about Slashdot
for a paper I'm writing!
- Can I use Slashdot icons freely on
- I have found a bug on
Slashdot, Who do I contact?