World Environment Day is today!

Paulc

On holiday by mistake
http://www.unep.org/wed/2008/english/About_WED_2008/index.asp

What are you doing for the benefit of the environment today?

Me - i am taking the advice on the official website:

On this World Environment Day, let us examine the state of our environment. Let us consider carefully the actions which each of us must take, and then address ourselves to our common task of preserving all life on earth in a mood of sober resolution and quiet confidence.

There are some useful suggestions here:

http://www.unep.org/wed/2008/english/Information_Material/factsheet.asp

But i am really disappointed in this website and the lack of inspiration it has given me.

Me? I'll be farting less. :D

Me? I'll be farting less. :D

I took a ride on tram, that's a very green means of transport.

It had one more upside to it, because from the tram I saw a billboard with naked ex-minister of culture on it. I thought it was the ex finance minister, that would have been infinitely more awesome :D:guitar: But now google proved me wrong.

I failed. :(

I went to the supermarket and forgot to bring my own bag, and the man at the cash register was very disapproving. He scowled at me and said, 'Since you've come without a bag, would you like to buy a bag for life?' A bag for life! I almost cried. He seemed to expect me to look after the bag in which I brought home today's groceries forever, as if it were my own child or something. For the rest of my life, I have to take the bag into account whenever I make plans! It's really stressing me out. :tears:

I failed. :(

I went to the supermarket and forgot to bring my own bag, and the man at the cash register was very disapproving. He scowled at me and said, 'Since you've come without a bag, would you like to buy a bag for life?' A bag for life! I almost cried. He seemed to expect me to look after the bag in which I brought home today's groceries forever, as if it were my own child or something. For the rest of my life, I have to take the bag into account whenever I make plans! It's really stressing me out. :tears:

I foresaw this problem years ago and gave birth to an actual child instead; at 6' tall, it's not as easy to carry in my pocket as a Bag For Life, but it does hold more shopping and that has to be greener, right? So I think you should have done that instead.

I foresaw this problem years ago and gave birth to an actual child instead; at 6' tall, it's not as easy to carry in my pocket as a Bag For Life, but it does hold more shopping and that has to be greener, right? So I think you should have done that instead.

I think you will find having children is REALLY bad for the environment....:D

i dont know, you have to feed it, and it poops and farts a LOT.

Back
Top Bottom