(referencing youtube video)

1:33 slows down

4:08 lost

9:40 late at switching footpedal

10:27 plays verse riff over bridge

18:19 wrong chord to begin outro

19:18 dragging tempo

21:55 wrong chord
(Morrissey hilariously out of tune the whole song)

These are the most obvious mistakes. You could dock him for not hitting notes cleanly and just generally sloppy play, but I won't. The point is that it's a lot of mistakes for a pro. And they are mistakes that draw attention which are the worst kind. Whether he didn't get enough time to practice or he just had a sloppy performance, is still doesn't change the fact that for this gig he was in over his head.

Gannon mistakes:

These are the most obvious mistakes. You could dock him for not hitting notes cleanly and just generally sloppy play, but I won't. The point is that it's a lot of mistakes for a pro. And they are mistakes that draw attention which are the worst kind. Whether he didn't get enough time to practice or he just had a sloppy performance, is still doesn't change the fact that for this gig he was in over his head.

He didn't get enough time. In fact it's been mentioned on here that he had literally days to practice Smiths songs he had never played whilst in the band and Morrissey solo songs which were mostly played by Vini in the studio. I think Gannon did a pretty fair job with the stage invasions and leads falling out a couple of times and also take into consideration how nervous he would have been! Replacing Marr as the guitarist? Two words probably going through Gannon's mind throughout that gig: Oh F***!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever! I'm just saying that I have never in my life met a born and bred British person who says Mom, never. However, yes, there probably are people who probably obsess with America dialect. But it's certainly not a word 99% of us use.

Is there any information on how and why it was leaked?

You really need to visit the black country then mate. We refer to our mom as mom , nan as nan , grandad as grandad and our aunts and uncles by their first name.

I've read some ridiculous things in my life but this is brilliant.

So the very fact I've given you my area where I live , my school and I love 5 miles away isn't proof enough...would you like me to point myself out on the hulmerist video?

Oh and , I've just got itv1 on and just watching the job lot as its 11.30pm.

You really need to visit the black country then mate. We refer to our mom as mom , nan as nan , grandad as grandad and our aunts and uncles by their first name.

I've read some ridiculous things in my life but this is brilliant.

So the very fact I've given you my area where I live , my school and I love 5 miles away isn't proof enough...would you like me to point myself out on the hulmerist video?

Oh and , I've just got itv1 on and just watching the job lot as its 11.30pm.

You weird lot :p
Just kidding...Must admit, I never knew about the Black Country existed till today! In the words of Morrissey himself, "I am so really really young" and I apologise to my fellow Smiths fan. Please excuse a Welshman who spends his time living on a Welsh mountain playing an imaginary harp :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You people seem excited but this bootleg has been around for ages and I have had it on video and a disc for 20 years. Had a look and the one on Youtube had lipsync problems.

Hey you're right! Thought I was having a deja vu attack or something!

Just kidding...Must admit, I never knew about the Black Country existed till today! In the words of Morrissey himself, "I am so really really young" and I apologise to my fellow Smiths fan

No worries. Get yourself down to the black country museum and educate yourself.

Right off to bed , work tomorrow.

Does anyone know what t-shirt he is wearing for the encore? Can't quite make it out. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know how this guy got this video or why he leaked it? Moztictac, you legend!

Wonderful to read the memories of people who were there. Wow.

Pardon my hyperbole but this is probably the greatest unseen artefact to appear on this site concerning Mozzer's solo career.

And that's testament to why I've been coming here since 1999 xxx

Does anyone know what t-shirt he is wearing for the encore? Can't quite make it out. Thanks in advance.

Dying to know as well! Plus Andy Rourkes basslines were 'really that good.' For the anons criticising the musicianship the gig was a celebratory event. Which this film perfectly conveys.

You'd probably moan about Keith Richards missing his guitar parts at Altamont

Just kidding...Must admit, I never knew about the Black Country existed till today! In the words of Morrissey himself, "I am so really really young" and I apologise to my fellow Smiths fan. Please excuse a Welshman who spends his time living on a Welsh mountain playing an imaginary harp :D

Whose coat is that jacket?

Gannon mistakes:

This is still guff really.

1:33 slows down - the start of the gig is clearly abysmal, but if you listen carefully at 1:33, you'll hear that Andy is as confused as Craig. I think the problem here is probably that Mike is not playing as rehearsed. He was supposed to do a big rallentando, I reckon. Perhaps Craig might have covered it better, dunno.

4:08 lost - yes this a foul-up

9:40 late at switching footpedal - don't think so. This is an awkward sudden change, maybe, but he's on cue.

10:27 plays verse riff over bridge - A) This sounds fine. May well have been what he intended to play. B) This is the exact moment he rejoins after being unplugged by a stage invader for 20 seconds, so I think any error at all here could be excused in any case.

18:19 wrong chord to begin outro - no, nothing wrong here.

19:18 dragging tempo - OK. Not a disastrous error, but it's there.

21:55 wrong chord - yes, but he has fans bouncing all around him. He's not on screen at the moment of the chord, but you can see a roadie scurrying around him just after to sort his pedals out.

So, there are a couple of errors. But have you ever listened to a Smiths bootleg?

This is still guff really.

1:33 slows down - the start of the gig is clearly abysmal, but if you listen carefully at 1:33, you'll hear that Andy is as confused as Craig. I think the problem here is probably that Mike is not playing as rehearsed. He was supposed to do a big rallentando, I reckon. Perhaps Craig might have covered it better, dunno.

4:08 lost - yes this a foul-up

9:40 late at switching footpedal - don't think so. This is an awkward sudden change, maybe, but he's on cue.

10:27 plays verse riff over bridge - A) This sounds fine. May well have been what he intended to play. B) This is the exact moment he rejoins after being unplugged by a stage invader for 20 seconds, so I think any error at all here could be excused in any case.

18:19 wrong chord to begin outro - no, nothing wrong here.

19:18 dragging tempo - OK. Not a disastrous error, but it's there.

21:55 wrong chord - yes, but he has fans bouncing all around him. He's not on screen at the moment of the chord, but you can see a roadie scurrying around him just after to sort his pedals out.

So, there are a couple of errors. But have you ever listened to a Smiths bootleg?

I think anon should post a video of him attempting guitar parts in front of a crowd of orgasmic Smiths disciples baying for Morrissey. At his first ever live appearance as a solo artist after many disciples had camped outside fir 2 days in Wolverhampton in December

plus he was 21 or 22 at the time with little rehearsal trying to fill the shoes of the greatest guitarist of the 1980s.

No pressure at all
/

Last edited:
I think anon should post a video of him attempting guitar parts in front of a crowd of orgasmic Smiths disciples baying for Morrissey. At his first ever live appearance as a solo artist after many disciples had camped outside fir 2 days in Wolverhampton in December

plus he was 21 or 22 at the time with little rehearsal trying to fill the shoes of the greatest guitarist of the 1980s.

No pressure at all
/

Too fecken right! Agree with Cornflakes too!

You're kidding right? That's how I refer to my mom.

I live in a place called Willenhall in a little area called New Invention.

I went to Sneyd school , Vernon way , bloxwich.

I can assure you , I'm British all right....do you need more

I was there as well...! I lived on the 'vention, Allen's Rough in fact, and went to Sneyd... I'm at the 9:15 mark in the video. I am also a blurred pixel in Hulmerist! What a fantastic find!

All I can say is wow.

Waited almost 25 years for this.

MUCH thanks to the poster(s) who finally leaked this. Heroes.

Also, have to give thanks to the people who have leaked all of the outtakes last few years.

All of you people who share these amazing things. Thanks.

I'm not a casual fan. I was a die-hard until 1997. Die hard.

I come back for rarities like this and Happy Lovers(one of my all-time fave unreleased/outtakes, Lifeguard, etc.

To the poster who leaked this video I hope you've gained some serious karma. You deserve it, because a few people have had this for YEARS and would not share it.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom