Whose Line Is It Anyway?

Truly Truly Truly

Anyone else marvel at the wonders of improvisational comedy?

I've started catching the show on that Dave channel during the day when I should be at University, being educated. But watching this programme just seems so much more worthwhile.

Anyone else marvel at the wonders of improvisational comedy?

I've started catching the show on that Dave channel during the day when I should be at University, being educated. But watching this programme just seems so much more worthwhile.
:o I'm old enough to have watched it when it was on telly the first time round! I really enjoyed it, very funny, but I cannot bring myself to watch the repeats, makes me feel so old! I'm a big fan of comedy in general, bit of a comedy club geek :o

:o I'm old enough to have watched it when it was on telly the first time round! I really enjoyed it, very funny, but I cannot bring myself to watch the repeats, makes me feel so old! I'm a big fan of comedy in general, bit of a comedy club geek :o

But watching it will make you laugh, therefore taking your mind off the fact that you feel old?

Unless you are unbelievably old. Unbelievably old to the point where it consumes your every waking thought, like the World's Oldest Person. If that is the case then thinking about how old you are is totally justified.

Whenever I've been to a comedy club it's always been awful. Truly awful. But I've only been twice.

But watching it will make you laugh, therefore taking your mind off the fact that you feel old?

Unless you are unbelievably old. Unbelievably old to the point where it consumes your every waking thought, like the World's Oldest Person. If that is the case then thinking about how old you are is totally justified.

Whenever I've been to a comedy club it's always been awful. Truly awful. But I've only been twice.
how rude :p I dunno, I just kind of feel like I've seen it.

Comedy is good:use google and have a look at whats on. We're lucky, there's a very good (and quite wll known) comedy club 10 minutes walk from my house! Seen loads of people there, Tim Vine, Russell Brand, Noel Fielding, Frank Skinner and it's only £6! bargin!

This is one of the very rare circumstances where the American version of the programme is better than the British.
Amazing stuff though!

how rude :p I dunno, I just kind of feel like I've seen it.

Comedy is good:use google and have a look at whats on. We're lucky, there's a very good (and quite wll known) comedy club 10 minutes walk from my house! Seen loads of people there, Tim Vine, Russell Brand, Noel Fielding, Frank Skinner and it's only £6! bargin!

The benefits of living in London eh? Just to clarify, I didn't mean to imply that you're the World's Oldest Person. You're the Person With A Word From The Title Of The World's Greatest Album In Their Profile Name Person...a noble and deserved appellative.

This is one of the very rare circumstances where the American version of the programme is better than the British.
Amazing stuff though!

*gasps* Sacrilege! The British one knocks the spots off the American one! I don't like how the US one is more like the Colin & Ryan show.

And I miss Clive Anderson. On the programme that is...it's not a heartfelt confession, I haven't been parted from the man.

*gasps* Sacrilege! The British one knocks the spots off the American one! I don't like how the US one is more like the Colin & Ryan show.

And I miss Clive Anderson. On the programme that is...it's not a heartfelt confession, I haven't been parted from the man.

I like the homoerotica Colin and Ryan provide!
However the english one has Hugh Dennis but he is better in 'Mock The Week'

Amazing stuff though!

I would disagree. Drew Carey as host almost single-handedly makes the US version worse than Clive's.

Actually, i've got DVD's of both series on my desk right here! Maybe i'll settle in tonight and watch 'em. :)

My friends and i have WL parties on occasion, where we play some of the games. We're funny sometimes, but its' very hit or miss. ;)

The benefits of living in London eh? Just to clarify, I didn't mean to imply that you're the World's Oldest Person. You're the Person With A Word From The Title Of The World's Greatest Album In Their Profile Name Person...a noble and deserved appellative.
hmmmmmmmmmmm, I'll believe you ;) yeah, living in London is good, but I live in South london, where it'd be less likely for decent comedy to travel to (they tend to live in trendy Camdon and stuff, a good 45 minutes away from where I live. The club's been going years, and they seem to have built up a good reputation with the comedians, who've been going there since the early days of their careers, so they like to come back. It's brilliant to see these people in a really small venue! I don't go so much these days, because I have to get up so early for work, but we were the official front row crew, with a couple of beers in us, happy to be picked on and join in (my high point was saving Noel fielding from a joke he had got stuck in :D ) and get some really good photos (and there was always chocolate for the front row too, an added bonus!)You never know, you might stumble across a really good comedy night on your doorstep too!

I would disagree. Drew Carey as host almost single-handedly makes the US version worse than Clive's.

Actually, i've got DVD's of both series on my desk right here! Maybe i'll settle in tonight and watch 'em. :)

My friends and i have WL parties on occasion, where we play some of the games. We're funny sometimes, but its' very hit or miss. ;)

WL parties? That sounds like the most perfect thing ever.

Oh god , Drew Carey is a nobba!

Hmmm. I dunno. It would have an invitation list of two. Myself included. If only I spent less time watching Whose Line and more time going out and making friends/ putting up with people.

Hmmm. I dunno. It would have an invitation list of two. Myself included. If only I spent less time watching Whose Line and more time going out and making friends/ putting up with people.
oh :( well, it's hard work being sociable, i think. Did you move to Bermingham for uni? (sorry, being nosy :o ) I moved to London for uni, and it was really tough to start with, uprooting myself and starting all over again. It was really tough to make friends, because I was very homesick to begin with, and the last thing you feel like doing then is forcing yourself to go out.

oh :( well, it's hard work being sociable, i think. Did you move to Bermingham for uni? (sorry, being nosy :o ) I moved to London for uni, and it was really tough to start with, uprooting myself and starting all over again. It was really tough to make friends, because I was very homesick to begin with, and the last thing you feel like doing then is forcing yourself to go out.

I did move, but not that far. Only 20 miles or so. It's no big issue really, I don't sit around longing for more friends. Apart from when planning Whose Line? parties.

I want to live in London. I adore that place. When we go we visit Clapham South and sit by the duck pond. Doing nothing but still feeling quite content. London calms me. Somewhat bizarrely.

I did move, but not that far. Only 20 miles or so. It's no big issue really, I don't sit around longing for more friends. Apart from when planning Whose Line? parties.

I want to live in London. I adore that place. When we go we visit Clapham South and sit by the duck pond. Doing nothing but still feeling quite content. London calms me. Somewhat bizarrely.
Well that's good then. I was very lucky, my best friend was the most sparkly, happy, sociable person you can imagine, so I got to meet a lot of people through her (lazy I know :o)

Yeah, I do love London. As soon as I'd settled down (after about my second term) I spread roots here. I moved here 8 years ago, and I've had the same circle of close friends for about 5. It's my home. I like living in the south, it's less busy and more leafy than a lot of the areas of North London that I tend to visit. I do like to get away from time to time though, and I dunno, maybe London isn't forever. It's expensive for a start!

Back
Top Bottom