who does the piano bit at the start of "lastnight i dreamt that somebody loved me"?

Re: who does the piano bit at the start of "lastnight i dreamt that somebody loved me

I just didn't know who did keyboards when they were used. Since I know it wouldn't be Moz, as he seemed to even hate the mention of them and not pianically inclined. I have a feeling Joyce wouldn't have a clue. Not sure about Rourke. Could have been a producer or something, but I was wondering what it as credited as who doing it. Know what I mean?

Re: who does the piano bit at the start of "lastnight i dreamt that somebody loved me

You should read Simon Goddard's "Songs That Saved My Life" which provides many interesting detailed information about The Smiths/Morrissey's work.

I remember reading that it was, in fact, Morrissey noodling at the piano on "Last Night. . ." although I can't recall where or when I read it.

--jeniphir

I remember reading that it was, in fact, Morrissey noodling at the piano on "Last Night. . ." although I can't recall where or when I read it.

--jeniphir

It's Moz noodling the piano at "Death Of A Disco Dancer", isnt it?

Yep and Johnny on "last night" and "asleep" and all the other ones that I can't remember right now!

I agree with kewpie, buy the Goddard book - very informative.

Ah, yes. . . I stand corrected!

This all comes of me being a "words person"--much more interested in the lyrics than in the specifics of the music.

--jeniphir

is that johnny?? :confused:

from songs that saved your life
"Marr had originally sketched the two minute piano prologue as a different song in it's own right"
I find that interesting. It clearly work's perfectly but makes me wonder what might have been.

Morrissey plays the Pipe Organ on Get Off The Stage.....

He was inclined enough to pay it on "Death of a Disco Dancer".

I don't think the part was very difficult....

Can YOU do it? :p:D

nah...I was just commenting on how good his playing had become by he time he did the bit on Ouija Board...

Back
Top Bottom