When you first became a fan.....

Drew a swallow

deep and blue
what was the next Morrissey album that was due to be released? I was trying to think of a succinct way of conveying my meaning in the above thread, but it all seemed too long.

I got into Mozz just after Your Arsenal and after I'd bought all The Smiths' albums within about a month his next offering was the Boxers EP, which I adored - all three songs. Then when Vauxhall came out it was my first exposure to him having a new album out in the very moment. Obviously I loved it. After that I went to the Oxford Street HMV signing session, then the Boxers tour happened. So what album did he release after you'd just got into him?

what was the next Morrissey album that was due to be released? I was trying to think of a succinct way of conveying my meaning in the above thread, but it all seemed too long.

I got into Mozz just after Your Arsenal and after I'd bought all The Smiths' albums within about a month his next offering was the Boxers EP, which I adored - all three songs. Then when Vauxhall came out it was my first exposure to him having a new album out in the very moment. Obviously I loved it. After that I went to the Oxford Street HMV signing session, then the Boxers tour happened. So what album did he release after you'd just got into him?

Bona Drag. But can you check with Maverick that i can take part in this thread as he may not deem me to be a big enough fan:blushing:

I first got into him when Interesting Drug was released, so i had a series of singles, then Bona Drag, then of course Kill Uncle! I loved that album when it came out!

what difference does it make, totp apperance did it for me, i was just a youngster then, still in skool,just, went out and got 'smiths'lp from 'revolver' record shop, never looked back!! happy days!!

1984. My mate Andy Davidson had bought the 12" of What Difference Does It Make. I remember going round to his house, and listening to it. When I heard Back To The Old House - my life would never be the same again. Cliche, but all true.

Peter

Viva Hate cause I got into The Smiths right after Strangeways came out and they had split. I bought Viva Hate on cassette at Music Plus the day it was released.

HatfulofHollow84.jpg

think i may be the oldest on ear!???lol

Not by a long way mate, not by a long way. By the way, I don't want to be a language fascist, but this is a discussion board, not an internet chatroom, although we do have one. Spelling, grammar, syntax, a proper appreciation of Latin declensions and Iambic Pentameters all gain nodded appreciation. Oh yes.

Peter

I was 18 years old when I first got into him properly. I bought a copy of The Smiths best of, one or two I can't remember, but it hit me like a bullet in the brain. Changed my life, blah blah blah blah, as Mozz would now say. Before that I was into a certain Irish band that I'm now ashamed to associate my past with. But I liked Kirsty Maccoll before gettting into The Smiths and himself.

Greatest Hits, 2008. :o I got into him in early 2007. :o

Viva Hate cause I got into The Smiths right after Strangeways came out and they had split. I bought Viva Hate on cassette at Music Plus the day it was released.

Exactly this. The boy who played the Smiths for me first told me they'd just broken up, so that was that, and my mouth gaped in a "no fair" expression. He said I might like the Housemartins or Lloyd Cole as a substitute. Uh, no.

I was 18 years old when I first got into him properly. I bought a copy of The Smiths best of, one or two I can't remember, but it hit me like a bullet in the brain. Changed my life, blah blah blah blah, as Mozz would now say. Before that I was into a certain Irish band that I'm now ashamed to associate my past with. But I liked Kirsty Maccoll before gettting into The Smiths and himself.

Not....not U2???

:eek:

pardon me! my latin never was that great, like i said, 1984 twas when i found mr morrissey.

Back
Top Bottom