What would have been young Steven's favorite Morrissey solo album?

What would have been young Steven's favorite Morrissey solo album?

• Total voters

mcrickson

Reckless Endangerment
Thinking about Mozzer's youth. A shakeless music fan, our young Steven was. Let's say for a second that we separate "Steven" and "Morrissey." Let's say at around 16 years old -- 1975, "Morrissey" as we know him had put out all of his solo discs up to YoR. Which of them do you think "Steven" at 16 would have preferred most?

For the sake of discussion :)

Can you elaborate the meaning of this hypothetical poll?

What's the point of imagining a 16 year old Steven's musical taste?

What's the point of criticizing every post that's not yours?

As I said, it's for the sake of discussion -- I know I for one find pre-Smiths Morrissey's life interesting. Isn't this a discussion board? What was the point of your "How come Morrissey missed a big chance in the 90s" poll?

Jesus. Let one go once in awhile.

Just as useful/useless as
" Morrissey DISAPPROVES solo singles 1988-1995 vinyl box sets & 3CD set release".

Or,"IS Morrissey gay"
or, "Are you going to buy Swords and Single Box Sets?"

No,on second thoughts it's a much better question.

I think this is a very interesting poll question because I argue that Morrissey's present gravitation toward an angrier and bombastic sound does reflect his tastes as a younger man i.e. the New York Dolls or the Cramps. He may feel this was a side of him that was neglected or not fully realized.

So, it's no surprize to me Arsenal or YOR will do well here. Yet, he will always be capable of composing some really sweet, poetic narratives when he choses to.

It's an interesting question and one that hasn't been asked before (that I'm aware of). My guess is he'd like & appreciate a record like Your Arsenal at an early age- there's a camp, power, darkness, epic songs, catchy pop hits, depth - everything. My other pick would be Viva Hate. His first solo record KILLS and has a lot of raw emotion on it. I am Morrissey Solo :cool:, recognize and OBEY. :bow: He did 'arrive... with incredible style'. I dont know that he was fully aware that a Vauxhall & I was in him (tho he always dreamed of it) he's probably still in awe of himself with that one, just as we are. ;)

This is a really interesting topic & I had to do some thinking...in the end I picked Your Arsenal as young Steven's favourite as I think it has some of the rock n glam elements that he would've liked. Plus really beautiful songs/lyrics.

I choose "Maladjusted" as my favourite album - that's because I'm listening it too much.

I was going to pick the same one. It's not an album I'm completely familiar with, but I think the mood of the music might suit the young Morrissey for some reason.

Your Arsenal, for sure. Simply for the associations with glam rock, T Rex, Mick Ronson, which all played a big part in Morrissey's childhood.

I think this is a very interesting poll question because I argue that Morrissey's present gravitation toward an angrier and bombastic sound does reflect his tastes as a younger man i.e. the New York Dolls or the Cramps. He may feel this was a side of him that was neglected or not fully realized.
This. I voted for YOR because his contemporary work's tendency towards loudness, physicality, and bluntness is pretty much in accordance with young Morrissey's taste in music. It would have appealed to him most, I think.

SHUT - THE - f*** - UP!!
What's the point is trying to be such a pretentious arse 24-7 ????

This thread is better than half the bull shit which gets set up here, it allows imagination and a bit of creative thinking about Morrissey and is something new to think about rather than just "oooh, is he gay".
Stop being so critical and lighten up for once!

Love PTxx.

SHUT - THE - f*** - UP!!
What's the point is trying to be such a pretentious arse 24-7 ????

This thread is better than half the bull shit which gets set up here, it allows imagination and a bit of creative thinking about Morrissey and is something new to think about rather than just "oooh, is he gay".
Stop being so critical and lighten up for once!

Love PTxx.

Brilliant that you still signed off with Love!

Thinking about Mozzer's youth. A shakeless music fan, our young Steven was. Let's say for a second that we separate "Steven" and "Morrissey." Let's say at around 16 years old -- 1975, "Morrissey" as we know him had put out all of his solo discs up to YoR. Which of them do you think "Steven" at 16 would have preferred most?

For the sake of discussion :)

that´s alot trickier than it sounds.
I voted for Vauxhall and I but I think he would love Years of Refusal too.
The passion in his voice and the "I take no crap from anyone" attitude will please, plus I adore it so that enough:guitar:

I voted Arsenal for same reason other listed. Big Ziggy era Bowie fan at the time, Ronson produced record. He'd have loved 'I Know It's Gonna Happen...'

He'd probably rather listen to The Smiths' stuff, since he used to dance wildy to the songs anyway, imagine a younger version of Morrissey dancing to Black Cloud and I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris

Back
Top Bottom