What Morrissey fans do you hate

• Thread starter Johnnyhatesjazz
  • Start date
Spot on and well said and I always wonder how sad their personal lives must be cause most if not all missed out on him when he mattered once way back which is very long ago (the 90's).

Please do not tell David Lewin this, he will be hanging by noon. It really hurts him he wasn't around prior to 4-5 years ago, really hurts him, I say.
He does pose like him, though, so!!

Morrissey fans who claim his solo work is better than The Smiths...

Smiths fans who claim his solo work is worse than The Smiths? ;)
But I don't " hate " them.
I can have both. :D

If you can love one, why can't you love two? :confused:
I would agree that as a band The Smiths were so great that it would be impossible to match them.
Though at some times Moz and his band were close.
Cheers Eder :thumb:

Smiths fans who claim his solo work is worse than The Smiths? ;)
But I don't " hate " them.
I can have both. :D

If you can love one, why can't you love two? :confused:
I would agree that as a band The Smiths were so great that it would be impossible to match them.
Though at some times Moz and his band were close.
Cheers Eder :thumb:

I don't 'really' hate mozza fans who say his solo work is better than the smiths .i just find them idiotic ! It was more of a tongue in cheek comment..
Nah- i dont agree that moz and his band have ever got close to Smithness !

His setlist recently is repetitive as shit. Anyone claiming otherwise is just desperate to be a super fan.

I don't hate any other Morrissey fans. Sure there are plenty of douches, but life's too short to hate.

'virtually the same set from year to year just defies logic '

M defies logic ! I like that ! :thumb:
I like that too, (regarding everything but the set list) but it sure doesn't romance my hard earned money out of my wallet regarding going out to see him anymore.

I like that too, (regarding everything but the set list) but it sure doesn't romance my hard earned money out of my wallet regarding going out to see him anymore.

My feelings too. Given you avatar I imagine you are a Cure fan. I have read here many times that they play over two hours and switch up their set list quite a bit.

It has also been put forth here that the reason Moz doesn't change his set much is because he would have to pay his band more to expand their repetroire.

I don't follow the Cure or New Order closely, but I am interested to know if the band turnover is as often as his. It seems if money is at the root of his desire to keep touring then he would take note of your's and my disappointment in the permafrost set list he carts around. If his real interest is to play in smaller venues, he is going about it the right way.

well, if something or someone isn't as special to you as it or they once were, and you feel that it's better for you to move on (that's if you can move on) then it's understandable that you feel that way. Money is an awful thing(especially when one doesn't have enough), but if it's worth it to someone, I see no bad reason in why someone would pay a ridiculous amount or find a way to get the money so that they will experience what is really just a fleeting moment, though that happiness may be fleeting, it is sometimes all that most people have in their lives. And sometimes having a memory of a wonderful experience may be just the thing to get someone through an otherwise unbearable day.

What I'm saying is, if you don't or won't regret not seeing him, and feel comfortable with your decision, then that is a good thing. :)

Gee that was good KS! :thumb:
I wish I had said it.
Spot on.
I almost felt a little envious. But not too much!
I appreciate this.
Great post from my minister of propaganda of the Mozlitburo. :tiphat:

well, if something or someone isn't as special to you as it or they once were, and you feel that it's better for you to move on (that's if you can move on) then it's understandable that you feel that way. Money is an awful thing(especially when one doesn't have enough), but if it's worth it to someone, I see no bad reason in why someone would pay a ridiculous amount or find a way to get the money so that they will experience what is really just a fleeting moment, though that happiness may be fleeting, it is sometimes all that most people have in their lives. And sometimes having a memory of a wonderful experience may be just the thing to get someone through an otherwise unbearable day.

What I'm saying is, if you don't or won't regret not seeing him, and feel comfortable with your decision, then that is a good thing. :)
I feel a bit sad. But so it goes. It's similar to watching a favorite movie too often, regarding his setlist. You pretty much have it memorized, so the excitement isn't there. I'm all for fleeting joys, and seeing live music. This last year has brought me quite a lot, but until Morrissey decides to spring for rehearsals or a shakeup of his live set, then I'll wait patiently I suppose.

My feelings too. Given you avatar I imagine you are a Cure fan. I have read here many times that they play over two hours and switch up their set list quite a bit.

It has also been put forth here that the reason Moz doesn't change his set much is because he would have to pay his band more to expand their repetroire.

I don't follow the Cure or New Order closely, but I am interested to know if the band turnover is as often as his. It seems if money is at the root of his desire to keep touring then he would take note of your's and my disappointment in the permafrost set list he carts around. If his real interest is to play in smaller venues, he is going about it the right way.
If you look closely, my avatar is pretty silly. :) But yes, I enjoy the Cure. I saw them twice in three nights at the beginning of the summer, and they played a remarkably different set from one night to the next.

I think the theory on M not wanting to pay for the rehearsals sounds pretty feasible, given his notorious penny pinching. But that also hints toward something else that is troubling. A: That he no longer feels passionate enough about his music to want to revisit much of it, and B: That his players don't feel passionate playing it. Most bands will use their soundcheck time, or the hours of waiting around backstage to try and work out songs to add into the setlist. If they don't, and especially if they don't want to- that really seems to indicate that this is a paycheck, and nothing more. With any band, once the passion fizzles, is there a point in carrying on, or is it cabaret for cash?

Toni Sutton and Dave Dawkins, the worst couple since Fred and Rose West

We can only hope they don't breed

If you look closely, my avatar is pretty silly. :) But yes, I enjoy the Cure. I saw them twice in three nights at the beginning of the summer, and they played a remarkably different set from one night to the next.

I think the theory on M not wanting to pay for the rehearsals sounds pretty feasible, given his notorious penny pinching. But that also hints toward something else that is troubling. A: That he no longer feels passionate enough about his music to want to revisit much of it, and B: That his players don't feel passionate playing it. Most bands will use their soundcheck time, or the hours of waiting around backstage to try and work out songs to add into the setlist. If they don't, and especially if they don't want to- that really seems to indicate that this is a paycheck, and nothing more. With any band, once the passion fizzles, is there a point in carrying on, or is it cabaret for cash?

I don't know. It could also just mean that he really enjoys the songs he's doing now. Also he seems to add various covers here and there so I doubt it's a matter of learning songs or finding time. I mean they find time to learn those songs

Nice names for a couple of chicken to be held if you have a little house up in the country.
You could eat the eggs.
Or am I now crossing some line here?
Even if you would taken good care of the chicken?
Sorry than.

I don't know. It could also just mean that he really enjoys the songs he's doing now. Also he seems to add various covers here and there so I doubt it's a matter of learning songs or finding time. I mean they find time to learn those songs
Oh yeah. It's gotta be tough figuring out a Ramones song. :lbf:

Oh yeah. It's gotta be tough figuring out a Ramones song. :lbf:

You're kinda cherry picking there. Also though it's not as if a lot of his back catalog is so super complex that it's gonna take hours of practice to work out. You're arsenal while great is pretty straight forward

You have killed me.... haha

Be grateful Sutton is 62 and unable to breed. The woman is an embarrassment to her family. Loves to lord it over people by telling them how rich she is.

Back
Top Bottom