what made you frown today?

oh my, waiting for the telephone to ring, and the vet telling me my little cat has survived the operation and general anaesthetic. they said around noon. well, that's now. nothing else i can do. i wrote a cat haiku in the meantime, all worried...
my black angel cat
dreaming of fine teeth you do
in bloody anaesthetic
- here he is, my little boy, sitting in a cardboard box
(picture cannot be uploaded, sry)
I hope your cat is okay, Lanterns.

me too! i like your haiku!

thanks guys, you "see" me happy, he made it, yes, and no tooth had to be pulled this time, the feline odontoclastic resorptive lesion has not returned. he is still shaky on his legs from the anaesthetics and i watch every step he takes. at 9 pm he is going to get some food.
(btw, do you also have problems uploading photos? i would like to show him in all his toothless beauty)
aw im glad to hear that! sounds like it was a big day for him. i have no idea how to upload a photo in a comment, unfortunately. too bad, id like to see the little guy.

oh my, waiting for the telephone to ring, and the vet telling me my little cat has survived the operation and general anaesthetic. they said around noon. well, that's now. nothing else i can do. i wrote a cat haiku in the meantime, all worried...
my black angel cat
dreaming of fine teeth you do
in bloody anaesthetic
- here he is, my little boy, sitting in a cardboard box
(picture cannot be uploaded, sry)

Oh please let him be okay, is all I pray.
This beautiful creature deserves it and to be in your caring hands.
Please can you give us an update about all that happens with him?

thanks guys, you "see" me happy, he made it, yes, and no tooth had to be pulled this time, the feline odontoclastic resorptive lesion has not returned. he is still shaky on his legs from the anaesthetics and i watch every step he takes. at 9 pm he is going to get some food.
(btw, do you also have problems uploading photos? i would like to show him in all his toothless beauty)

I hope he can eat without the pain.
Thankgod he is more or less okay now.

while i am typing this, he is pushing his wet nose into my face, purring all along. his middle name is mr. affectionate. he has just had his dinner and seems to be fully content with the world. i am glad that not another tooth had to be pulled, as he only has a few left. he vomitted a couple of times yesterday, probably to cleanse his body from the anaesthetic medicine
View attachment 40746

So glad, he has eaten!
He looks so cute and adorable. :love:
Those wonderful yellow fluorescent eyes in contrast with that really black furcoat, ha.
I can see his whiskers are very black against the background of the carton box.
Do you know if they will stay black when he gets older or will they turn grey or even white?
Many times when I see a black cat they have white whiskers.
Also nice but these black whiskers makes him even more beautiful!
Good luck with your black panther kitten! Love him! ;)

So glad, he has eaten!
He looks so cute and adorable. :love:
Those wonderful yellow fluorescent eyes in contrast with that really black furcoat, ha.
I can see his whiskers are very black against the background of the carton box.
Do you know if they will stay black when he gets older or will they turn grey or even white?
Many times when I see a black cat they have white whiskers.
Also nice but these black whiskers makes him even more beautiful!
Good luck with your black panther kitten! Love him! ;)

Is the cat saga still going on?

while i am typing this, he is pushing his wet nose into my face, purring all along. his middle name is mr. affectionate. he has just had his dinner and seems to be fully content with the world. i am glad that not another tooth had to be pulled, as he only has a few left. he vomitted a couple of times yesterday, probably to cleanse his body from the anaesthetic medicine
View attachment 40746
awwww what a little beauty! affectionate kitties are the best <3

some old guy asked me if i might like to go for lunch with him one day. put on the spot i said "sure" and so he gave me his card (lol) with his number. he said "call me and we can go for lunch or call me even if you'd just like to chat". oh yeah, that's very likely to happen. :rolleyes: i already have some other old guy pestering me to go for dinner with him all the time (apparently im a "good conversationist", as though i didnt already know that). this recent one is different though. he's really nice and good natured and so i dont want to be mean to him. he's this cute old irish guy with this mischievous twinkle in his eye, as i imagine all old irish men to have and which has the effect of turning his parting gesture of leaning in close and saying "beautiful lady" (im not actually, im homely) from something that would ordinarily be icky and creepy, into something icky and sweet, rather; and i really just think he's well meaning. possibly he even feels sorry for me and wants to be like a grandfather figure. who knows. all i know is im sick of having to feel obligated to do things with old men who arent morrissey.

well on the upside, there's always the hope that if i go on enough about not having money to do all the things i want to do he might give me some.

Last edited:
some old guy asked me if i might like to go for lunch with him one day. put on the spot i said "sure" and so he gave me his card (lol) with his number. he said "call me and we can go for lunch or call me even if you'd just like to chat". oh yeah, that's very likely to happen. :rolleyes: i already have some other old guy pestering me to go for dinner with him all the time (apparently im a "good conversationist", as though i didnt already know that). this recent one is different though. he's really nice and good natured and so i dont want to be mean to him. he's this cute old irish guy with this mischievous twinkle in his eye, as i imagine all old irish men to have and which has the effect of turning his parting gesture of leaning in close and saying "beautiful lady" (im not actually, im homely) from something that would ordinarily be icky and creepy, into something icky and sweet, rather; and i really just think he's well meaning. possibly he even feels sorry for me and wants to be like a grandfather figure. who knows. all i know is im sick of having to feel obligated to do things with old men who arent morrissey.

well on the upside, there's always the hope that if i go on enough about not having money to do all the things i want to do he might give me some.

Admit it, older guys are much more attractive even if they are not Morrissey. :brows:

Admit it, older guys are much more attractive even if they are not Morrissey. :brows:
haha well fifty year olds can be. not so much after 60. (how old are you? :p) although i guess some of them can be, it depends. anyway, today another old guy asked me to go for coffee with him. geesh, i need to stop being so charming :p actually, this latest one is really sweet, he lost his wife recently and he's the nicest old guy, i'd probably go for coffee with him without feeling too put out about it.

haha well fifty year olds can be. not so much after 60. (how old are you? :p) although i guess some of them can be, it depends. anyway, today another old guy asked me to go for coffee with him. geesh, i need to stop being so charming :p actually, this latest one is really sweet, he lost his wife recently and he's the nicest old guy, i'd probably go for coffee with him without feeling too put out about it.

See, older man are as much attracted to you!
I sensed that. You can't help being charming.
You are or you are not.
And I know you only from this site!

I feel ashamed about my age so I won't tell on this open forum.
It's not that shocking and I could drop 10 years off and nobody would look surprised.
My hear is getting grey. :eek: But it's a miracle I still have it all and no bolding spots.

I'll tell you in a conversation for two.
We'll very probably never see each other so why shouldn't I?
But if we met it would be nice to have a coffee with you. :p

See, older man are as much attracted to you!
I sensed that. You can't help being charming.
You are or you are not.
And I know you only from this site!

I feel ashamed about my age so I won't tell on this open forum.
It's not that shocking and I could drop 10 years off and nobody would look surprised.
My hear is getting grey. :eek: But it's a miracle I still have it all and no bolding spots.

I'll tell you in a conversation for two.
We'll very probably never see each other so why shouldn't I?
But if we met it would be nice to have a coffee with you. :p
oh, you shouldnt be ashamed of your age! you've got two things going for you which put you in a whole other class of 'old guy' from the average 'old guy': 1) you like morrissey, and 2) you're european. hell yeah i'd go for coffee with an older dutchman who likes morrissey. you know, the netherlands is one of the places i've never been in europe, and i was remarking a while back that i would like to go to amsterdam (i know you're from the hague, but close enough). if it ever happens we must surely meet up for coffee. (oh and uh.... bring your sisters dog! :paranoid:)

oh, you shouldnt be ashamed of your age! you've got two things going for you which put you in a whole other class of 'old guy' from the average 'old guy': 1) you like morrissey, and 2) you're european. hell yeah i'd go for coffee with an older dutchman who likes morrissey. you know, the netherlands is one of the places i've never been in europe, and i was remarking a while back that i would like to go to amsterdam (i know you're from the hague, but close enough). if it ever happens we must surely meet up for coffee. (oh and uh.... bring your sisters dog! :paranoid:)

Of course I would introduce you to my sister and her dog if you promise me you won't take him with you!
And please, if you ever have set your mind on visiting Amsterdam, please contact me first. I have friends and relatives there and I can prevent you would get lost in all the tourist traps. There are so many, it's unbelievable.
The airbnb or what is it named is booming everywhere and especially in Amsterdam. But there are traps you know.
And you would have a better feeling about it.
Cheers Rifke :thumb:

Of course I would introduce you to my sister and her dog if you promise me you won't take him with you!
And please, if you ever have set your mind on visiting Amsterdam, please contact me first. I have friends and relatives there and I can prevent you would get lost in all the tourist traps. There are so many, it's unbelievable.
The airbnb or what is it named is booming everywhere and especially in Amsterdam. But there are traps you know.
And you would have a better feeling about it.
no, no, no need to bring your sister, jus the dog! ill wait outside with him while you go in and get the coffee... :paranoid:
you'll recognize me because ill be the one wearing the spy trench coat!
okay, thanks! if i ever go to amsterdam i will contact you first! mainly i just want to go to the museeuuuuuuuuuuums. im all about museums! and of course, chocolate! you'd have to steer me straight on the chocolate, for sure.

no, no, no need to bring your sister, jus the dog! ill wait outside with him while you go in and get the coffee... :paranoid:
you'll recognize me because ill be the one wearing the spy trench coat!
okay, thanks! if i ever go to amsterdam i will contact you first! mainly i just want to go to the museeuuuuuuuuuuums. im all about museums! and of course, chocolate! you'd have to steer me straight on the chocolate, for sure.

Okay, you've warned me now!
Like the idea of the trenchcoat.
I will take you to the nicest chocolate shop(s!) you've ever seen and you will taste some handmade bonbons or how is that in English.
If you know what you want they will make it for you.
Or any other chocolate you like.

The museums are beautiful but you better have made up your mind before you go cause they are very crowded and it is best to reserve tickets in advance. They will have a limited access.
Think about The Rijksmusem (just renovated after 15 years or so, really beautiful), The Stedelijk Museum and the Van Gogh Museum and the Cobra museum (Karel Appel), The Filmmuseum, and there are interesting photo museums as well with sometimes exhibitions from famous Dutch photographers like Ed van der Elsken and Anton Corbijn. The last one has taken some really great, in my vision iconic photos of Moz too and directed the movie about Joy Division singer Ian Curtis. f***ing great movie!
Heard a story, they fell out with each other. I mean Moz and Anton Corbijn. Don't know why. It's a shame.

Okay, you've warned me now!
Like the idea of the trenchcoat.
I will take you to the nicest chocolate shop(s!) you've ever seen and you will taste some handmade bonbons or how is that in English.
If you know what you want they will make it for you.
Or any other chocolate you like.

The museums are beautiful but you better have made up your mind before you go cause they are very crowded and it is best to reserve tickets in advance. They will have a limited access.
Think about The Rijksmusem (just renovated after 15 years or so, really beautiful), The Stedelijk Museum and the Van Gogh Museum and the Cobra museum (Karel Appel), The Filmmuseum, and there are interesting photo museums as well with sometimes exhibitions from famous Dutch photographers like Ed van der Elsken and Anton Corbijn. The last one has taken some really great, in my vision iconic photos of Moz too and directed the movie about Joy Division singer Ian Curtis. f***ing great movie!
Heard a story, they fell out with each other. I mean Moz and Anton Corbijn. Don't know why. It's a shame.
moz had a falling out with someone?!?! no way! :O
i definitely want to go to thr rijksmuseum and the van gogh. maybe anne frank house as well, or is that a tourist trap? i've heard there are long line ups for that. anyway yay for chocolate! it all sounds so good, cant wait! to have my very own local tour guide is the best part! :p

moz had a falling out with someone?!?! no way! :O
i definitely want to go to thr rijksmuseum and the van gogh. maybe anne frank house as well, or is that a tourist trap? i've heard there are long line ups for that. anyway yay for chocolate! it all sounds so good, cant wait! to have my very own local tour guide is the best part! :p

Of course we can go to the Anna Frank house as well.
It'll be an honour.
The pleasure and the privilege is mine! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom