What is the "hideous trait on her mother's side?"

I know there is probably not a definite answer to this question but on the song Russholm Ruffians, what is the hideous trait on her mother's side? There are several answers I can think of but I wonder if there is an official answer.

I know there is probably not a definite answer to this question but on the song Russholm Ruffians, what is the hideous trait on her mother's side? There are several answers I can think of but I wonder if there is an official answer.

It means she's flirtatious (Her skirt ascends for a watching eye), and she get's it from her Mother (It's a hideous trait on her mother's side)

The whole song was influenced by this from Victoria Wood

Last edited by a moderator:

Three tits.

It means being a bit of an old slag. Overtly salacious and easy. A tart, for want of a better term.

It means that this girl took after her mother something (bad - 'cause Morrissey is being ironic)

It means that this girl took after her mother something (bad - 'cause Morrissey is being ironic)

482951_o.gif

I disagree that it means she's merely a tart. She's on a ride and has little control of her skirt flying up. No, it's something physically odd for the watchful eye to glean at the moment her skirt ascends. Overly hairy?

It's there in the song. The hideous trait is lifting her skirt/being flirtatious.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom