"We the Sheeple?"

Here are "highlights" from an article in Pravda.
Will Americans wake up before it's too late?
Below is a link to the entire article.

http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/107459-0/

It must be said, that like the breaking of a great dam, the American decent into Marxism is happening with breath taking speed, against the back drop of a passive, hapless sheeple, excuse me dear reader, I meant people.

First, the population was dumbed down through a politicized and substandard education system based on pop culture, rather then the classics.

Then their faith in God was destroyed, until their churches, all tens of thousands of different "branches and denominations" were for the most part little more then Sunday circuses and their televangelists and top protestant mega preachers were more then happy to sell out their souls and flocks to be on the "winning" side of one pseudo Marxist politician or another.

The final collapse has come with the election of Barack Obama. His speed in the past three months has been truly impressive. His spending and money printing has been a record setting, not just in America's short history but in the world. If this keeps up for more then another year, and there is no sign that it will not, America at best will resemble the Wiemar Republic and at worst Zimbabwe.

Then came Barack Obama's command that GM's (General Motor) president step down from leadership of his company. That is correct, dear reader, in the land of "pure" free markets, the American president now has the power, the self given power, to fire CEOs and we can assume other employees of private companies, at will. Come hither, go dither, the centurion commands his minions.

Again, the American public has taken this with barely a whimper...but a "freeman" whimper.

The Russian owners of American companies and industries should look thoughtfully at this and the option of closing their facilities down and fleeing the land of the Red as fast as possible. In other words, divest while there is still value left.

The proud American will go down into his slavery with out a fight, beating his chest and proclaiming to the world, how free he really is. The world will only snicker.

Stanislav Mishin

political differences aside, the guy who wrote that is obviously a homophobic jerk.

Senator Barney Franks, a social pervert basking in his homosexuality (of course, amongst the modern, enlightened American societal norm, as well as that of the general West, homosexuality is not only not a looked down upon life choice, but is often praised as a virtue) and his Marxist enlightenment, has led this effort.

and it's Barney FRANK, and he's a congressman.

Barny Frink

2vsivew.jpg

strange how the lukewarm liberal policies of Obama would be likened to a descent into Marxism :cool:
if that was the case then what would that make those of Eisenhower 50 years ago?
i dont suppose he could even get away with saying things like:

Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history.
and what about taxes?
50 years ago under Ike, corporate income tax was as high as 49%!
today it is effectively less than half that rate, with only a small percentage of companies paying near 35% and many other multi-million dollar firms pay as little as 10% due to subsidies & the many corporate tax breaks available largely to only "big business" interests and not most small business owners :eek:
so, now corporations pay far less of the tax burden
while personal income tax rates have gone up for all except the highest income people :cool:
who also reap most of the money taxed at the current capital gains level which is half of what it use to be 50 years ago under Ike :straightface:

50 years ago it was bipartisan policy to tax corporations more, tax money earned in the speculative market of wall street more and to tax lowest of income earners far less of a percentage of their income than today in 2009
instead now the top tax rate is much lower than it was then and includes a higher percentage of the total personal income of all Americans! :eek:

reversing such policies is not communism, it is merely the proven progressive method to spurring not just the economy as a whole but raising the overall wealth of the most Americans :guitar:

We now have 50 years of data that show time and time again that as taxes are shifted more and more to the lower income earners, then overall income of all Americans suffers lower and lower rates growth
AND AT THE SAME TIME
as corporate taxes have been lowered, so have the overall rate of corporate profits!!!
it is clearly apparent that as corporations pay less taxes then the growth of corporate profits will go down almost exactly that much as their tax burden did
tax business less & they have far less imperative to seek higher profits
basically corporations thrive under higher taxation while consumers have more disposable income to spend on the economy
conversely, high tax rates on most income earners, means that they have less income to spend on the economy and little or no chance to invest in their future income, which has resulted in a greater future burden on the rest of the economy as more and more older Americans have little or no savings as they approach retirement :(

this is the result of 50 years of "We the Sheeple" allowing a small group of wealthy Americans and the corporations they largely control and own to get ever more of the American dream while most of the rest of us have a chance at ever less :crazy:

this is the result of 50 years of "We the Sheeple" allowing a small group of wealthy Americans and the corporations they largely control and own to get ever more of the American dream while most of the rest of us have a chance at ever less :crazy:

This is about GOVERNMENT, you moron.

This is about GOVERNMENT, you moron.

Oh how i remember when i was deluded enough to think the government was something "out there" :rolleyes:
that ignorance really had a bliss to it, i could shake my fist at "the government" :mad:
pretending i was not a part of it & thereby abdicate any responsibility for all that is does in my name by it
and in my case, the things i did because "my government" told me to :cool:
even now, i am entitled to about 600 dollars a month from the government if i would just ask it for it nicely :cool:
but that would make me feel no longer just unintentionally complicit in it what it does in my name
getting payed by the government would be tacitly accepting its authority over me
also, such money would imply me agreeing to forgive it for the part it played in my doing so many things i now regret ever having done :straightface:
yet in spite of these great lengths i go to not be tainted by our government
my god! i could never imagine being so clueless as to think i am now blameless for what our government does, nor that any other Americans i can think of are :confused:
we get the government we want
60 yeas ago there was the happy coincidence of a strong labor movement that was willing to fight for their rights
and a number of liberal minded rich people
who used a powerful central government to guide 1st American victory in ww2 then a golden age of prosperity which has been slowly declining since We the Sheeple swallowed the Warren Report and LBJ's lies about the Gulf of Tonkin :cool:
sure, eventually some in the youth movement boldly opposed "the government" for about a decade
but you, me and anyone reading this who is an American citizen, well, we have not earned the right to act as if we are not a part of this government like some 60s rebels did long ago now...

Last edited:
I wrote a response to this, but the truth is I don't know what I'm talking about so I spared everyone.

I wrote a response to this, but the truth is I don't know what I'm talking about so I spared everyone.

When I have time I have a lot of things I want to reply to. For now simple things that require short replies are where it's at. :thumb:

When I have time I have a lot of things I want to reply to. For now simple things that require short replies are where it's at. :thumb:

Right. Because I am concerned about these bailouts, and I don't think it's the way Capitalism is meant to work, obviously.

I would also say that a Russian newspaper might not be the place to go for opinions on the attitudes of the American people, but that there is going to POSSIBLY be some valuable perspective there.

and I'd also say that Obama is part of an ongoing process and this did not start with him.

so yeah... :thumb:

Right. Because I am concerned about these bailouts, and I don't think it's the way Capitalism is meant to work, obviously.

I would also say that a Russian newspaper might not be the place to go for opinions on the attitudes of the American people, but that there is going to POSSIBLY be some valuable perspective there.

and I'd also say that Obama is part of an ongoing process and this did not start with him.

so yeah... :thumb:

I blame both of the previous administrations actually for the current crisis. (I love watching Clinton get angry when his name is brought up in the mess.) As much as I can play Monday Morning quarterback and trace certain avenues where they took a turn for the worse. I do not believe that either of the past two administrations as well as the current one intended to do harm.

However I do disagree with quite a few policies that our current administration is taking and intends to take.

Isn't an economy that depends on growth sort of a pyramid scheme also?

It just seems to me that the plan is something like, if an individual were to do this...

I will spend borrowed money now, and I will pay it back later when my wages increase, and my investments pay off. No problem because I'm sure to make more money next year, and my assets will overall increase in value as well.

See, I don't know about economics, but I try to get a general idea of the principles involved, and I just can't see how the base will continue to expand and funnel money upwards. If we could increase through trade with other nations that would work, but now we seem to have more of an interdependent worldwide multinational economy, and I'm not sure who we are going to trade with, especially since goods are being made elsewhere, and even the service economy is being outsourced.

Someone must be making money still.

Also, another general idea. I see people selling things that they previously did not wish to sell, and selling them cheaply, because they have debts, money already spent, and interest accumulating on those debts.

My idea is that people with wealth that are not yet affected as drastically, or at all, are going to be in a position to buy up properties and assets now, and vastly increase their real wealth, so that, at a future time when things get somewhat back to normal, they will be wealthier than ever.

There was an article in the San Francisco Chronicle saying that banks are now allowing shortsales, selling for less than is owed on a property, more readily, and that it's not just on the average property, but is now happening on homes that are desirable, and that were once thought to be exempt from this.

So even people that I would consider wealthy are now getting pinched, but there are still the truly wealthy, a small percentage, that will be able to buy these properties.

back to the other thing, the idea of the government owning General Motors is difficult to accept, kind of like reading the words, "Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger." We are living in strange times.

Back
Top Bottom