Washington DC concert rescheduled to June 25; Baltimore to June 24

Baltimore and DC Rescheduled.

Just heard from the promoter, Baltimore and DC have been rescheduled "on advice from Morrissey's medical team." New dates are June 24 for DC and June 25 for Baltimore.

Seriously Morrissey, stay the f*** home if you aren't healthy enough to tour. Quit wasting all of our time and money.

It must be frustrating to everyone on the payroll who isn't paid when a show doesn't happen.

However, the truth is we don't know what's going on. He was seriously ill last year, and I doubt all of those problems simply disappeared. He could be even sicker and we just don't know. I hope and pray he's alright and takes the time off he needs.

Trick is if you can afford it, see him on the first show of his tour. It is most likely he will do that one.

Not even..."most likely"
2009, the first, second, third, fourth(FL), and sixth(Atl) shows were all scrapped. At least he did the FL shows this time around.

I dearly hope & pray that it's nothing serious, & that Morrissey recovers quickly. I knew something was really off from that recent photo of him with a fan. He looked so sad..so..defeated.. Whatever it is, I just want & wish him well. Not just to soldier on touring, hoping he gets better. Which he seems to be doing..It'll only makes him worse in the long run.

I know that he lives for this.
-For us fans, to tour, to sing. This is what he is accustomed to. But. I don't want him to go on like this anymore. It is heartbreaking to watch.

He NEEDS to stop touring ASAP. He needs to recover from his ailments
whether it's physically, emotionally or a combination of both & from what I've heard, it is both. These things won't -- don't go away in a few weeks or months. Deep down we know it, he knows it. He needs to cut out the bullshit & look after himself first. Morrissey has crashed and is burning out. Stop being so stubborn, Moz!! And we, as his fans, should want the best for him! Wouldn't you want him to stop touring until he gets better?

There have been many posters on here who think otherwise. I've seen so many whining about the postponements & cancellations, yet only a handful of actually concerned posters!

Does anyone on here even care about Morrissey the person, the human being? Or is he just a seal with who performs for your fcuking entertainment??

I've planned this for ages! I've booked flights and hotels!! I've taken time off work!! What a selfish old man!! What a mean little cnutish dick Morrissey is!! I've been a fan for 30yrs & this is the thanks I get??!?! This is the last straw, I'm burning all my Smiths & Moz paraphernalia!!! What am I going to do now?!?! WOE IS ME!!!1!11!!!11!1

And Morrissey is being selfish?? Really? How can you call yourself a fan? I cannot fathom how anyone who considers themselves a fan would say such things! It is so sad to read. I can only imagine how Moz would feel if he ever heard any if this rubbish.

You Americans get to see him every year or so, and he tours the US extensively. I am lucky if I get to see him 1 in a decade! I know of others who've seen him live ONCE - in his whole career!

In the New Zealand/Australian 2012? tour there were fears of him cancelling due to his Mother being hospitalised.

A lot of my friends made the decision to go on a pilgrimage around the Antipodes. These friends had either:
A: Taken time off work.
B: Some were unemployed,
C: Were full time students.
B & C basically were broke, yet they scrounged what they could, booked hotels & flights. When they found out that a cancelation was looming, they were gutted! To be honest, a few were in tears! Not because they would lose $$$, but because they thought they wouldn't get see Morrissey!! There was NO mention of "Woe is me, I've been inconvenienced and I'll never listen to The Smiths or Moz again!"

Fortunately, the NZAU leg of the tour went ahead, and all had such an amazing time! The feeling of being in the same room with thousands of other's who love Morrissey and his music; swaying bodies singing along to the soundtrack of their lives, writhing to the songs that saved my life, along with so many other lives there. Singing in unison, some in despair, to I Know it's Over... Hearing Morrissey pleading Please, please please… his voice slowly fading away only to let the audience finish it off.. Nothing in the world can compare to that feeling.

And to see so many here continually complain about cancellations is saddening. Be grateful that you get the chance to see him in your country. Be grateful that he is still singing…songs that have saved a life.. Maybe even yours. Songs that have consoled you, thrilled you & even the songs that have killed you.

…For one day goodbye will truly be farewell.

:end rant:

Well said. Thanks for posting. :)

Why should you even bother complaining? YOU bought tickets to see someone that you are a fan of. Doubtful someone held a gun to your head and made you do it. Sod off and leave the guy alone. So he cancels. It gets rescheduled and you'll still go or you won't, a choice of YOURS to make. You made plans, big whoop. If this is something you know he does and it's enough to put you off, DON'T BUY THE TICKETS IN THE FIRST PLACE. You have no right to be mad when it is your choice to shell out the money.

I have a ticket for the Baltimore show and am happily looking forward to the rescheduled date.
Get well soon Moz.

Morrissey needs to issue a statement; how can anyone defend his actions or lack of them in this case. Someone from his camp should do what is right and inform his fans.

Statement tru2Wayne

Oh I am still ill . . . . .oh o yes oh woe oe oe oe oe oe oh I am still ill !

D D D D D DDD D D D D D DDDDDER !

Does anyone know anything about Chicago?

Chicago is the third most populous city in the United States, after New York City and Los Angeles. With 2.7 million residents, it is the most populous city in both the U.S. state of Illinois and the American Midwest. Wikipedia
Local time: Tuesday 10:55
Weather: 17°C, Wind SE at 2 mph (3 km/h), 74% Humidity

I kept checking Ticketmaster and in disbelief their website kept showing Baltimore was still happening (Ticketfly contacted me to let me know that Lincoln Theater was cancelled).

I finally a half hour ago got a call from Ticketmaster, an e-mail from ticket master, and an email from the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra.

Obviously, it was official, but it seems like Ticketmaster was the last to know. Kind of irresponsible on their part since unless you were checking the 9:30 club Facebook page (or website) or this site you would not have known.

- - - Updated - - -

this should be fun getting refunds from ticketmaster.
I just called and they said they have no record of the show and have no idea what I was talking about.

They finally seem to have gotten their act together.

I still maintain the new songs we've heard are hardly thrilling, and have not set the world on fire. Even the best of them, Istanbul, would at one time been a decent b-side. Now it is held up in some quarters as a masterpiece. It doesn't bear multiple hearings. Put alongside the new material by James, for example, it is distinctly lacking. The first track on the new James album, Walk Like You, deals with the human condition and its collision with the modern world in a way 21st century Morrissey could only dream of. It is lyrically and musically superior to nearly every Morrissey song since Quarry and it isn't even the third best track on La Petite Mort.

Thanks Johnny. I just listened to some songs from James' 'La Petite Mort' and it sounds like an amazing album. The video for 'moving on' was the most emotionally moving music video I have seen in a long time. I recommend people to watch it (inspired by the recent death of his mother):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWPgJkOdUZU

This is sad news, but he should have packed up this dog and pony show after Quarry. He tours too much, and places too much strain on his body and mind. His band is pedestrian, his new material uninspiring.

We are just over a month away from the album release and the buzz and excitement is... Missing. I speak as someone who saw Bigmouth and Vicar on the Whistle Test and had to wait two months for The Queen Is Dead, and also saw First Of The Gang To Die on Kilborn and had to wait forever for You Are The Quarry. It even got to the point where a brief, wobbly handheld camera clip of the wonderful Paris thrilled me for some weeks. There's the problem right there. Bigmouth, Vicar, Gang, Paris. Four great songs, but the graph inexorably slopes downwards.

I still maintain the new songs we've heard are hardly thrilling, and have not set the world on fire. Even the best of them, Istanbul, would at one time been a decent b-side. Now it is held up in some quarters as a masterpiece. It doesn't bear multiple hearings. Put alongside the new material by James, for example, it is distinctly lacking. The first track on the new James album, Walk Like You, deals with the human condition and its collision with the modern world in a way 21st century Morrissey could only dream of. It is lyrically and musically superior to nearly every Morrissey song since Quarry and it isn't even the third best track on La Petite Mort.

Morrissey should retire, enjoy his money, look after his health and turn his efforts over entirely to animal rights, hopefully in a sensible and thoughtful manner that will engage people instead of driving them away. For a change.

He's been chipping away at his legacy for years in a misguided attempt to revive his heyday. Time to give himself, and us, a rest. Let's remember him in his pomp, not this rather pathetic caricature he has become.

Agree 100 per cent with this post. Morrissey's public decline is sad to witness. And, like Bardot, the man should retire and devote himself to Animal Welfare - in this he might find the 'meaning' and 'reward' he has so obviously been searching for all his life. :(

Not even..."most likely"
2009, the first, second, third, fourth(FL), and sixth(Atl) shows were all scrapped. At least he did the FL shows this time around.

Also bagged out of the first US tour date of 2011 (Chicago) due to a "visa problem" with Boz. LOLZ. Will say that the rescheduled date later than year was amazing.

Semi-unrelated: Anyone know what the morrisseytour.com girls are up to these days? Was just thinking that the tours they were documenting in their zine-esque manner were probably the ones with the least amount of drama in Morrissey's history. (1999, 2000, 2002)

Semi-unrelated: Anyone know what the morrisseytour.com girls are up to these days? Was just thinking that the tours they were documenting in their zine-esque manner were probably the ones with the least amount of drama in Morrissey's history. (1999, 2000, 2002)

Angela gave birth to twins and is in the US with her husband now, I think.

P.

Also bagged out of the first US tour date of 2011 (Chicago) due to a "visa problem" with Boz. LOLZ. Will say that the rescheduled date later than year was amazing.

I checked the day of that show to find out. Was a little disappointed, but that show made up for it. I was towards the back unfortunately, but there was so much energy in that building between Moz and the fans. Hopefully the show on Friday is just as exciting!

Personally, I think his US tour should only consist of 6-8 shows, in" major" American cities only, with a week in-between shows to rest. I guess the caveat here is that he is only selling out about maybe 50% of his shows in smaller theater venues and probably can't fill the larger civic center / stadium like venues..you have to wonder if it would even be worth it?

Personally, I think his US tour should only consist of 6-8 shows, in" major" American cities only, with a week in-between shows to rest. I guess the caveat here is that he is only selling out about maybe 50% of his shows in smaller theater venues and probably can't fill the larger civic center / stadium like venues..you have to wonder if it would even be worth it?

Because loads of dates bring in the cash. Song sales certainly don't. But as we've seen increasingly over the years, he's just not up to it. Shame.

P.

He's got mountains of songs and plenty of money, he should just keep writing and recording instead of damaging himself with a tour.

I agree with this. Imagine two solid months of being exposed to every region's local virus? It should come as no surprise he is eventually going to catch something, just looking at it statistically.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom