VICTORY: Burton Stops Selling Fur

After receiving nearly 50,000 e-mails and countless phone calls from Street Teamers like you and other compassionate people worldwide, Burton Snowboards has committed to going fur-free! The company will be replacing all real fur with faux fur for the upcoming snowboarding season, joining other caring companies like Ride, DC Shoes, and Volcom in going fur-free.

Every e-mail truly makes a difference, and companies definitely take notice of consumer demand. The fur industry is quickly losing support as people learn that animals are beaten, drowned, and sometimes even skinned alive for their skin. Thanks for helping to make this victory possible.

Sincerely,

Pulin Modi
Senior Street Team Coordinator
peta2
[email protected]

P.S. Pumped to do more? We need your help to pressure Guess?, Inc. to go fur-free immediately. Even though the company has publicly announced it will not sell fur, it may still be ordering fur until September 1, 2007, and selling as much as it can until April 2008! Politely urge the company to stop selling fur immediately: http://getactive.peta.org/campaign/p2_guess_fur

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can sign up for peta2 E-News here: http://getactive.peta.org/peta2/join.html?r=7pMcmlY1ax6fE

Everybody Knows That Only Losers Wear Fur:

Beyonce_Performing.jpg

thank you for the news! thats amazing. i used to go to school with the owner of Burton's son in manhattan beach. name was Matt Burton, what a rich douchey-ass popular kid he was.

Last edited:
Good stuff - thanks for that news.

It is generally agreed that for every 1 mail or letter received by an organisation they will assume there are 20 others out there with the same view, who could not be bothered/moved to write in. So they do take them seriously.

Good stuff - thanks for that news.

It is generally agreed that for every 1 mail or letter received by an organisation they will assume there are 20 others out there with the same view, who could not be bothered/moved to write in. So they do take them seriously.

really? i never thought they really took it seriously.

Why Morrissey won't Tour Canada....

Apologies if these NUMBERS have been stated before...

In Canada, a government survey[2] showed two thirds of Canadians supported the seal hunt as regulated under Canadian law. Three quarters of Canadians were not opposed to the seal hunt, after being informed of these regulations. One quarter was opposed. While government regulations require that the killing of seals be conducted humanely, some seal hunters have been accused of not following these regulations.

Fur Loser #2
madonnafur1.jpg

good news - thanks for the update and info. it's so nice to hear some good news on this front for a change.
:)

I saw this woman at the Salvation Army store today trying on a fur coat. I wanted to say she shouldn't wear it, but I didn't want to freak her out. We have this community here in the hills nearby that are mostly European and they are sort of a cult. I could tell she was one of them even without hearing her speak, and I didn't want to say anything that would scare her.

A couple of them came in the store the other day. They were speaking French. They were really nice and I gave them a good deal on this big platter. The man was wearing light blue pants and a yellow shirt tucked in. You could tell they were not Americans based on that alone.

I saw this woman at the Salvation Army store today trying on a fur coat. I wanted to say she shouldn't wear it, but I didn't want to freak her out. We have this community here in the hills nearby that are mostly European and they are sort of a cult. I could tell she was one of them even without hearing her speak, and I didn't want to say anything that would scare her.

A couple of them came in the store the other day. They were speaking French. They were really nice and I gave them a good deal on this big platter. The man was wearing light blue pants and a yellow shirt tucked in. You could tell they were not Americans based on that alone.

Tucking your shirt in is almost as offensive as wearing fur..

Almost..but not quite

Back
Top Bottom