Trashcan Sinatras

TommyDaniels

Missing my Parker
I see that we have some Trashcan Sinatra fans here from some of the archives and posts; forgive me if this has already been asked, but for those of you out there who are fans, what is/are your favorite song(s)/album(s)/etc.?

I have yet to see them live but I love their music. Heard they are currently working on their new album.

Curiosity knocks apparently in my mind, literally.

Cheers - T

I see that we have some Trashcan Sinatra fans here from some of the archives and posts; forgive me if this has already been asked, but for those of you out there who are fans, what is/are your favorite song(s)/album(s)/etc.?

Cheers - T

Safecracker. I adore it.

th_b55c65b4.gif

Kate, "I've Seen Everything" and "Happy Pocket" are really great albums.
They're one of the few bands I'm obsessed with. :)

They are a greatly underrated band. I got 'I've Seen Everything Now' just before their 'Weightlifting' release. They're still the kind of band that will play intimate venues where you can talk to them at the bar after a performance.

Their recently released DVD really captures the band and their music well.

CharlieFairhead is a big fan on here, too. His signature tipped me off. :)

They were indeed a great band but has anyone seen them live recently? They are a sad, pale imitation of what they used to be.

A step up from muzak really.

I haven't seen their live since 2003 and can't comment current state of the band.
Hopefully they'll prove that they're a great live band when their new album is out.

They were indeed a great band but has anyone seen them live recently? They are a sad, pale imitation of what they used to be.

A step up from muzak really.

Totally disagree,
'muzak'? I really dont think so...they were fantastic when i saw them touring their last album Weightlifting, which is a great album just for the record.

Kind regards.

Last edited:
My name might be a giveaway but I'm a major trashcans fan.....and having seen them live maybe 20 times in the last 15 years I have sympathy with the chap who thinks they're not what they used to be - live anyway.

Musically they're much more polished but that has taken the raw edge away from their performances sadly (mind they are all in their 40s now!)

A great bunch of lads though - you'll find Paul and John in the local boozer before most gigs and get a chat with them around the foyer while the support act is on.....goes without saying that they deserve to be a whole lot more successful than they have been.

Still my favourite moment was seeing them in King Tuts, Glasgow circa 1991 when all they had was Cake, and they came on stage and thrashed their way through it and brought the place down - I wish Alan McGee had been there that night........!

Check out the Trashcan Sinatras - you won't ever ever regret it!

Back
Top Bottom