Tokyo - Zepp Tokyo (Apr. 24, 2012) post-show

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2012 (read-only)' started by davidt, Apr 24, 2012.

By davidt on Apr 24, 2012 at 2:00 PM
  1. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Premium

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / You Have Killed Me / Alma Matters / Black Cloud / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / I Know It's Over / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Scandinavia / Meat Is Murder / To Give (The Reason I Live) / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Let Me Kiss You / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / When Last I Spoke To Carol // Still Ill

set list provided by VivaLove (via Facebook/Stephen Tait) and also an anonymous person. Scan from an anonymous person, from @i_m_i_k_i / Twitter.

Last edited: May 15, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2012 (read-only)' started by davidt, Apr 24, 2012.

1. gordyboy
      gordyboy
      somebody say something.
    2. Anonymous
    3. Anonymous
    4. Anonymous
    5. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Set list (as written):

1. How soon is now?
      2. Irish blood, english heart
      3. You have killed me
      4. Alma matters
      5. Black cloud
      6. One day goodbye will be farewell
      7. I know it's over
      8. I'm throwing my arms around paris
      9. Scandinavia
      10. Meat is murder
      11. To give is the reason i live
      12. You're the one for me, fatty
      13. Let me kiss you
      14. Ouija
      15. I will see you in far-off places
      16. Last night i dreamt that somebody loved me
      17. Please let me get what i want
      18. When last i spoke to carol
      encore: Still ill
    6. Anonymous
    7. Anonymous
    8. VivaLove
      VivaLove
      Setlist as written (via Facebook/Stephen Tait)

How Soon Is Now?
      Irish Blood, English Heart
      You Have Killed Me
      Alma Matters
      Black Cloud
      One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
      I Know It's Over
      I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
      Scandinavia
      Meat Is Murder
      To Give Is The Reason I Live
      You're The One For Me, Fatty
      Let Me Kiss You
      Ouija
      I Will See You In Far-Off Places
      Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
      Please Let Me Get What I Want
      When Last I Spoke To Carol

enc. Still Ill
    9. King Leer
      King Leer
      Just back from the 2nd Tokyo show at the Zepp in Odaiba. Great show!
      Moz is in fine form. His voice is "as clear as an azure sky of deepest summer." Very nice shirts, light pink, black, light blue -- none of which I caught -- and dark blue jeans. The band in jeans and red "Assad is shit" shirts. Boz glammed up in his blue sequin number, completely poker-faced -- almost menacingly calm -- from beginning to end. Japan flag on the drum and Moz wore the hinomaru as a skirt for the encore. Speaking of drums, Matt had a large bass drum to his left that lights up when pounded on. He did some almost taiko-eseque work on it, plus the gong.

Set list above is correct. I was lucky enough to catch the one that Solomon balled up and pitched into the audience at the end!
      I made a point of not reading about the previous Japan shows (which I couldn't attend) so I was pleasantly surprised by the new song. Very heartfelt, soaring number. Will listen again on (iPhone) recording.

The encore was easily the most raucous part of the concert. In general the Smiths stuff is worshipped here (even more than other countries) so it could get a bit quiet during solo songs, but stuff like Irish Blood, Alma Matters and You're the One got big reactions.

Have to say that Jesse has markedly improved his live guitar work. Really like what he's done with Ouija Board (which some would argue should've been binned way back, but I love it). Strong on Still Ill and Fatty as well.

Will go through my recording later for some choice quotes but I'll never, ever forget Morrissey looking out into the audience in comic desperation and saying "Tasukete, tasukete!"

Will definitely hit additional Ebisu date and hopefully one outside of Tokyo. Maybe Nagoya, since Morrissey is so obsessed with that word.

Viva Mozfather!
    10. sistasheila
      sistasheila

glad you enjjoyed it. you have waited long enough! have fun at the other shows
      so what does Tasukete mean?
      the song"to give" is a coverversion- do you mean this with the new song?
      hopefuly someone recorded that one properly,audio or video
      oh wait, you mentioned recording it? is it possible to upload? thanks.
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Concert review including Morrissey's 'Angelo Galasso' shirt and the band in 'Assad is Shit' t-shirts. Boz slipped back into the sparkly blue dress from the South American tour: http://www.followingthemozziah.blogspot.co.uk/

Troll post
      Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012
    12. King Leer
      King Leer
      Oh, one Morrissey stage comment I will relate now before crashing: "Next month celebrates, or, doesn't celebrate, 30 years of my singing voice. And in all that time, my favourite band is now, and they are [introductions]"
      Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
    13. gonzax
      gonzax
      It's great that he's changing the setlist every night, I love that.
    14. King Leer
      King Leer
      Thanks. I have waited a decade, indeed!

Okay, I stand corrected. I had NO idea Moz was doing Franki Valli covers! I should've brought me mum along!

"Tasukete!" means "Help me!" (somewhat feminine form)

15. bored
      bored
      While I don't think Jesse stands out as a song-writer I have always thought he was excellent live.

To stand 2 feet away from him and watch him play the intro to Death of a Disco Dancer was very cool.

I know I'm in the minority of Moz fans that like Jesse but I liked him from the first time he played Shoplifters and nailed the solo back on the Quarry tour after Alain left and Little Barrie had his short stint as lead guitarist.
    16. sdsuedehead
      sdsuedehead
      the original version of To Give (the reason I live)
      Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
    17. CrystalGeezer
      CrystalGeezer
      Thanks for the review! Hey any chance if you catch another gig you could get a recording of I Give on your phone? If you have a fancy phone, that is. You seem like a fancy phone type of guy. :p
    18. goinghome
      goinghome
      Great, thanks :guitar: :cool: Sweet!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. 9 x Fined
      9 x Fined