There's going to be a new live Morrissey album

mcrickson

Reckless Endangerment
0T7qgi3.png

Accompanied by a photo of Boz in this guy's studio. Seems legit

Last edited:
He posted it on Instagram, too, but he got smart and changed his wording so that Boz was working on an unspecified "special project."

Very interesting indeed.

Madison Square Garden or Sydney Opera House for sure. Exciting news regardless
Yep. I'm leaning toward MSG, but it could be a combination of the two.

He posted it on Instagram, too, but he got smart and changed his wording so that Boz was working on an unspecified "special project."

Very interesting indeed.

Yep. I'm leaning toward MSG, but it could be a combination of the two.

i was thinking sydney since he would have four days of music to choose from

I'm down..But I can't imagine it would be a show from just a few weeks ago they plan on releasing. More like last Fall/Winter..

I'm down..But I can't imagine it would be a show from just a few weeks ago they plan on releasing. More like last Fall/Winter..
What makes you think that? Over the last several years, I've seen a lot of bands sell high-quality soundboard recordings of each show they play mere days after the fact. Releasing a recent show doesn't seem like a logistical impossibility.

Last edited:
What makes you think that? Over the last several years, I've seen a lot of bands sell high-quality soundboard recordings of each show they play mere days after the fact. Releasing a recent show doesn't seem like a logistical impossibility.

And if it's released how Morrissey wants it (meaning, physical release on a major label), god knows when that'll be. Unless as some have speculated, he's looking to "sell" WPINOYB to a label with an accompanying live album. That now seems like a larger possibility to me.

Nobody is going to want to buy an album that has already been released and did not sell well. Check Moz's stats on re-releases and you will understand. Most never make it into the top 100 on the charts. A live album is never a big seller either. So why combine the two. This looks to be a self release since it is not a proper record. I could see Morrissey's store selling the album. Plus it gives Morrissey a chance to see how going on his own might do. We shall see. But I have said it first or last or whatever, but this will be an indy release.

Just go online and take a look at the studio and you will understand that this will be an indy release. Let's just say it is not major label material. No offense to the owner. The list of clients looks like a list of local bands. Good on ya mate for lading this gig!

Last edited:
You are right but this is Morrissey we are talking about. And I think that that anything he gives his approval will have been gone over with a fine tooth comb.

Nobody is going to want to buy an album that has already been released and did not sell well. Check Moz's stats on re-releases and you will understand. Most never make it into the top 100 on the charts. A live album is never a big seller either. So why combine the two. This looks to be a self release since it is not a proper record. I could see Morrissey's store selling the album. Plus it gives Morrissey a chance to see how going on his own might do. We shall see. But I have said it first or last or whatever, but this will be an indy release.

Just go online and take a look at the studio and you will understand that this will be an indy release. Let's just say it is not major label material. No offense to the owner. The list of clients looks like a list of local bands. Good on ya mate for lading this gig!

Perhaps this will be another "Atom Factory" iTunes release?

My guess is MSG. It would explain the video from the nephew and Morrissey seemed really generally very happy to be playing MSG after 24 years.

If Morrissey has any idea at all that MSG were serving meat against his wishes, he wouldn't release a live album of its performance.

I would say Sydney - He had 5 nights, which he could pick the best audio from.
It could also be MSG also.

If Morrissey has any idea at all that MSG were serving meat against his wishes, he wouldn't release a live album of its performance.

That's what I was thinking. But it is Madison Square Garden. I haven't heard much of the audience recordings from the show, but, meat aside, if the performance was good enough, what a cool thing for his first official American live album to be MSG.

Live album number 3?
I just hope the mix is more like 'Beethoven Was Deaf', which is amazing, than the fairly soulless 'Live at Earl's Court'.

Back
Top Bottom