The World Peace album - has it become rare/unavailable?

Maurice E Maher

I gave my copy to a friend recently, and went to buy a replacement.
Tried most of the big HMVs in London but no joy.
As it was withdrawn soon after its release, guess this was going to happen sooner or later.
Anyone know if it has become generally hard to get a hold of?

I've not looked in any stores and don't live in your area but I'll be going to sound garden soon for an Aesop Rock album and I'll check as I'm curious. Amazon of course still has some from secondary sellers that claim it as new so if you're hard up you can order it there

I think the 4 song 10" promo will be a 'nice-t0-have" item as the years go on. And you know what song as grown on me quite a bit? "Earth is the Loneliest Planet."

I've not looked in any stores and don't live in your area but I'll be going to sound garden soon for an Aesop Rock album and I'll check as I'm curious. Amazon of course still has some from secondary sellers that claim it as new so if you're hard up you can order it there
Not sure where you live but SoundGarden in Syracuse doesn't have any copies- well, not on CD- haven't looked in vinyl.

I'm in Baltimore myself, Maryland. The record i think is rarer at least from what I glanced at online. I'm out and about now getting my hibiscus so I hould be going by soon. Ill come back and say if they had any

I'm in Baltimore myself, Maryland. The record i think is rarer at least from what I glanced at online. I'm out and about now getting my hibiscus so I hould be going by soon. Ill come back and say if they had any

No luck at sound garden but of course I've no idea if they had a lot to start with​

Discogs have 10 vinyl for under £30 all sealed, 4 deluxe cds and 13 standard starting ay£3.99 so i'd say no.

well it was dropped so its not gonna be for sale in any shops or amazon etc. It will be easily available on Discogs, ebay and amazon from 3rd party sellers.

That vinyl is cheaper than Amazon so id buy there if your gonna

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
My nearest record store recently had huge piles of the CDs on sale for a fiver. Even though they've stopped pressing them, it's going to be a LONG LONG time until the thousands that they pressed in the first place actually sell through and the album becomes 'rare'.

My nearest record store recently had huge piles of the CDs on sale for a fiver. Even though they've stopped pressing them, it's going to be a LONG LONG time until the thousands that they pressed in the first place actually sell through and the album becomes 'rare'.
The only time the word rare gets used for any release regardless of it being Morrissey or anyone else is a vinyl release. Fortunately or unfortunately you can get everything these days.

The only time the word rare gets used for any release regardless of it being Morrissey or anyone else is a vinyl release. Fortunately or unfortunately you can get everything these days.

You like to think you know what you're talking about, but you actually know very little. The word ''RARE'' only gets used for vinyl releases? What are you on about. Do you want a list of very rare Smiths & Morrissye CDs, Tour Shirts, Promo posters etc, cos' there's loads

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That actually is from a third-party seller, called iooo. It says so right on the page.

Harvest will have dumped any stock they had left onto the remainder market, which is why it is not hard to find a copy on the Internet, even though the album is technically out-of-print.
The point is it's available everywhere. It's no harder to find than any of his other albums.

You like to think you know what you're talking about, but you actually know very little. The word ''RARE'' only gets used for vinyl releases? What are you on about. Do you want a list of very rare Smiths & Morrissye CDs, Tour Shirts, Promo posters etc, cos' there's loads
FFS I'm talking in terms of commercially available music in the stores and on sites. I'm aware of all that other stuff that has nothing to do with what I was talking about. Wow you really must have gotten a thrill there for a minute thinking you were educating me on the word rare didn't you? A rare vinyl would be Southpaw, Quarry or Ringleader. Can you work that out?

FFS I'm talking in terms of commercially available music in the stores and on sites. I'm aware of all that other stuff that has nothing to do with what I was talking about. Wow you really must have gotten a thrill there for a minute thinking you were educating me on the word rare didn't you? A rare vinyl would be Southpaw, Quarry or Ringleader. Can you work that out?

''the only time the word rare get's used, is on vinyl releases'' nuff' said. You're an eejit marred, a sad fact widely known on this forum.

The point is it's available everywhere. It's no harder to find than any of his other albums.

That might well be the case down in New Zealand but there don't appear to be any major record shops in London that have it anymore - most of his other ones are easy to find.

Back
Top Bottom