The Smiths - Same Day Again

mozmal

Beastly Little Parasite
Here is the outstanding 'Same Day Again' bootleg. This was recorded by the BBC, so the quality is superb. Enjoy :D

http://rapidshare.com/files/41054797/The_Smiths_-_Same_Day_Again.rar

18 March 1985
Apollo Theatre, Oxford

William It Was Really Nothing
Nowhere Fast
I Want The One I Can't Have
What She Said
Hand In Glove
How Soon Is Now?
Stretch Out And Wait
That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
Shakespeare's Sister
Rusholme Ruffians
The Headmaster Ritual
Still Ill
Meat Is Murder
/Miserable Lie
//Barbarism Begins At Home
///You've Got Everything Now
////Handsome Devil

Oxford was given the rarer "You've Got Everything Now", but regular "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" and occasional "Reel Around The Fountain" were not played.

As he entered stage, Morrissey greeted the audience "Hello, we're the other funny Manchester group" and the band launched into set opener "William It Was Really Nothing". In that number Morrissey made a slight mistake when he sang "...and if you like you can buy the ring, *I* doesn't care about anything". Before "What She Said", knowing that the concert was being recorded for posterity, Morrissey announced "I hope you take notes ... this will all be relevant one day". The most recent release "Shakespeare's Sister" was introduced with the words "This is our new single... which is about the greatest woman that ever lived..."

Coming back for the encore Morrissey announced "This is being taped by the jolly BBC, so if anybody has anything clever to say, say it now and go down in history". The performance of "Miserable Lie" which followed was a very lively one. Morrissey rolled his 'R's, changed some of his words and echoed the endings of certain lines as he had been doing at the time. After the song he asked "Any questions?". In "You've Got Everything Now" Morrissey took even more liberties with his lyrics than he usually did. Besides changes heard before, he sang "I've seen you smile, but can you throw back your head and really laugh?".

info from passionsjustlikemine.com

Back
Top Bottom