"The Severed Alliance" by Johnny Rogan - 20th Anniversary Edition out now

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2012 (read-only)' started by thecondy, Jun 19, 2012.

By thecondy on Jun 19, 2012 at 5:09 PM
  1. thecondy

thecondy New Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2012 (read-only)' started by thecondy, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Re: Severed Alliance book by Johnny Rogan - Anniversary Edition out now

I saw that and couldn't believe my ears either. When did Quantick ever like The Smiths or Morrissey?
    2. 123xyz
      123xyz

What's mentioned in the new bits ? Is it just a discography round-up or ..... ?
      Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
    3. myboyracer
      myboyracer

Is this hard bound?

4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Re: Article: "The Severed Alliance" by Johnny Rogan - 20th Anniversary Edition out no

It's been twenty years since the first "Severed Alliance"??? Holy Shit!!
    5. celibate
      celibate
      is the m6 still there?

[never bought this 20 years ago, but maybe the new edition, shall look around at that time]
    6. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      What's the point of this? It was a dull, amateur, labored book the first time round. Rogan has a panty-sniffer's obsession that doesn't reveal anything about the meaning of Moz.
    7. celibate
      celibate
      Re: Article: "The Severed Alliance" by Johnny Rogan - 20th Anniversary Edition out no

20 years ' Your Arsenal'

we'll let you know
    8. Thesmithsmorrissey
      Thesmithsmorrissey
      Will be an absolute delight re-sinking my teeth into this

an excellent read, well-written by a Moz apostle truly worth his salt. Hell, even His Mozness himself went back on his initial vituperation and proclaimed it as virtual gospel

This will be a joy to devour as a percursory run-up to Mozzer's holy testament later this year
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Nothing but gristle to sink your teeth into. And Moz referring to it with reference to some very particular circumstance isn't taking back his vituperation OR proclaiming it as virtual gospel. Not worth wiping your posterior on.
    10. Thesmithsmorrissey
      Thesmithsmorrissey

so says the anonymous writer who has apparently written a far superior account of the whole thing.

If only I knew your name, I could Amazon the shit out of your version
    11. billybu69
      billybu69

My thoughts exactly, should be here next post, I can't see Johhny Rogan doing a half baked anything so any update will be comprehensive, especially considering there's twice the number of pages. the forums have been quiet about this one probably just expecting a reprint, I think we may be in for a treat.
    12. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      More dishwater ...
    13. Martin
      Martin

Well, did you read this?
      http://www.amazon.com/Morrissey-Joh...&qid=1340279171&sr=8-14&keywords=johnny+rogan
      To call that one half baked would really be a compliment....
    14. billybu69
      billybu69
    15. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      'By 1921, the English invaders were forced to the negotiating table ...' Like we needed Rogan to tell us this and like this tells us anything about Morrissey!!
    16. Iona Mink
      Iona Mink

Was this ever answered?
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      This is like warming up an old fart!!!
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      off-topic, I know, but I wish Moz would do a Christmas Album. :)
    19. Thesmithsmorrissey
      Thesmithsmorrissey

We'll let you know :p