The Recipe Thread (or I'm Really Hungry and I Don't Know What To Make For Dinner)

Iona Mink

Despitemybetterjudgement
I decided to start a recipe thread. I like to try out new recipes and I'm also a bit of a glutton so I thought I would start a thread.

They can be traditional recipes passed down through the generations, your own creations or ones you have just stumbled across and feel you must insist everyone try it.

Any cuisine. Any course. And because I am not a tyrant, even meat dishes are permitted. (I quite like seeing if I can make a version sans meat) If you can, add a photo - especially if it is your own recipe.

Here is one I came across.

Good for the budget, vegans are happy and frankly, it was quite delicious.

20120115-vegan-experience-day-1-3.jpg

Pasta with Braised Broccoli and Tomato.

Last edited:
Fantastic idea and maybe my girlfriend who is a recipe fan might enjoy this as well. I bought her a multi-printer for xmas so she can print all the wonderful recipes she finds online. She is my personal chef cooking me things that taste great and is healthy food as well.

..I just had/made this:-
Minestrone soup, avec spuds.

Ingredients.
1 tin of Heinz Minestrone soup.
3 Potatos.

Method:
open soup, and pour into microwaveable bowl.
peel the potatos.

Boil spuds until tender, in salted water.
Drain, and put them into Hot ( Already microwaved) soup.
Eat with lavishly buttered bread.
Delish!!
:)

I decided to start a recipe thread. I like to try out new recipes and I'm also a bit of a glutton so I thought I would start a thread.

They can be traditional recipes passed down through the generations, your own creations or ones you have just stumbled across and feel you must insist everyone try it.

Any cuisine. Any course. And because I am not a tyrant, even meat dishes are permitted. (I quite like seeing if I can make a version sans meat) If you can, add a photo - especially if it is your own recipe.

Here is one I came across.

Good for the budget, vegans are happy and frankly, it was quite delicious.

20120115-vegan-experience-day-1-3.jpg

Pasta with Braised Broccoli and Tomato.

I kinda want to try this. I'm housesitting in a nice kitchen for a week. A little nervous about the "braise" part. I can smear peanut butter on a rice cake but I can't say I've ever braised anything. :squiffy:

I kinda want to try this. I'm housesitting in a nice kitchen for a week. A little nervous about the "braise" part. I can smear peanut butter on a rice cake but I can't say I've ever braised anything. :squiffy:

Braise
verb (used with object), braised, brais·ing.
fry and then basically boil it for an hour on low heat.

Without question, you can do this. It does make a lot though so perhaps halve the recipe. I served it with some grated cheese and we ate it with garlic bread fresh from the oven.

Braise
verb (used with object), braised, brais·ing.
fry and then basically boil it for an hour on low heat.

Without question, you can do this. It does make a lot though so perhaps halve the recipe. I served it with some grated cheese and we ate it with garlic bread fresh from the oven.

Thanks for the tips. :thumb: I'll give a full report.

roast some peppers in the oven for 30 mins and serve with a small amount of goats cheese, couscous, assorted seeds and a green salad

roast some peppers in the oven for 30 mins and serve with a small amount of goats cheese, couscous, assorted seeds and a green salad

Ooh, that sounds nice. I don't like goats cheese but haloumi would make a nice substitute with a splash of balsamic vinegar and lightly toasted pita...

Back
Top Bottom