The new Photography thread

beautiful how the sun is reflected. british columbia? i like this little cloud of smoke on the right side, and the distressed face in the snow in the lower left hand corner
Good eye. I didn't even noticed that face in the snow. Your picture is so sweet. I get hummingbirds in my garden, but they are impossible to photograph. You blink your eye and they are gone. Actually, they are unbelievable. They are so small, yet they travel so far. They come here to BC for the summer, only to fly back to Mexico, so many kilometers away. The climate here is so extreme. It can be so hot in the summer, normally 33-36 C, sometimes close to 40. In the winter, typically -10, but we get a few cold snaps of -15 to -25 C. I have yet to invent a new word for miserably, unbearably, f***ing cold. Sometimes when the air temperature dips down to -20 the lake temperature is much warmer and you get to see a steam coming out of the lake as if it was a giant hot-tub.

Valencia tonight. Not the best resolution, but hey ho.

akKRe8W.jpg

Nice picture, have walked through the park next to that building a number of times.

UKMap.jpg

BC is big (as above in comparison to the UK) and has a variety of different climates. Salt Spring Island (one of many Georgia Straight islands) has a mild coastal temperatures. The Southern interior where I live has dry, desert climate. There might be only a day or two in summer months when it rains; you can find a miniature cactus growing wild. The lake pictured in previous photo is very long (about 60 kms) and never freezes. That's why you can see a steam coming up on a particularly cold day. The water temperature is only about 1 C so it acts as a hot pool compared to the brutally cold air temperature. But we also have true hot springs (about 36 - 40 C) and I enjoy them quite a bit. It's always a long drive to get there as everything is so far with nothing in between.
Below is the photo taken on the same day as the previous one. It is only a 2 min drive from the downtown, but I would not take the sign seriously at all, as most municipalities like to give its citizens their directions on how to live. In 20 years I have seen a bear only once right in my backyard and it was so timid and shy it ran away as soon as I opened my patio door.

12299353_10154379424267519_574599589436305030_n.jpg

Telemark Nordic Ski
Jan 6, 2017

^^^^ beautiful snow pic

With over 1500 pics taken in the last week, making the pic book is going to be a tough one. It just ended up epic.

s4w4df.jpg

2mgw7zt.jpg

6jkbwh.jpg

vy01uv.jpg

And one more
2ekubdy.jpg[IMG]

Last edited:
Yerba Buena, SF. MLK day

I have a dream today
ff7592.jpg

Taken by my daughter today
24wbi9s.jpg

All colors today
14kflty.jpg

I was down in Brighton yesterday for an event. The first pic here is on my way back this morning. It was freezing, probably -4c as the train rolled through Battersea. It's unretouched. The smoky effect is grime on the train window, which worked out nicely.

RVOD6FQ.jpg

The second is from the seafront at Brighton yesterday, and is just a quizzical gull.

Z6nYkC7.jpg

I was down in Brighton yesterday for an event. The first pic here is on my way back this morning. It was freezing, probably -4c as the train rolled through Battersea. It's unretouched. The smoky effect is grime on the train window, which worked out nicely.

RVOD6FQ.jpg

The second is from the seafront at Brighton yesterday, and is just a quizzical gull.

Z6nYkC7.jpg
Love the Gull shot. I wonder what it's thinking?

Due to circumstances I haven't been out for a while, but all is looking good again. Here is a decent shot way above Wast Water, taken on 29-01-17. Cheers.
Above Wast Water by Mal, on Flickr

So beautiful!
Quite impressive, it also makes me feel humble and tiny, as realizing just to be part of something so much bigger. It's all just a mystery. Magical.
Thanks for sharing. :thumb:

svlvmq.jpg

2h2fs7s.jpg

2ccxemt.jpg

nnpt6v.jpg

Only stone and steel

Early morning jaunt to Grange Over Sands today. First is me on the promenade, second is an abandoned lido, third is a coastal train.

0sOAHYd.jpg

QMoq20o.jpg

epvpEJH.jpg

I am glad I live in Moz Angeles just like Morrissey. Those places look really depressing and who would want to live in a hobbit house?

Back
Top Bottom