The Indepent on Morrissey and "Morrissey 25"

Superb review. Balanced, nuanced, but with some seriously hard-hitting blows:

"Still insisting on the sort of 1990s record deal which would have subsidised that South American jaunt, but no longer exists in an imploding music industry, he has been without a label for some time. "

"
Morrissey's talent has stayed circumscribed by its interest in the witty description of his own despair and loneliness, and regressed from the similar subject of The Smiths by losing their songs' healing, communal connection to an adolescent generation. That has been replaced by a deepening, resourcefully amusing solipsism."

"
insensitive solipsism, most infamously when, immediately after Anders Breivik's mass killing in Norway, he said on stage that the 77 dead were "nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried shit every day".

"His role as a sort of rock Prince Philip, putting his foot in his mouth on subjects such as this and immigration, has been another reason for old fans abhorring him."

Oh dear. Reviews linking him to Alan Clark and now the Norman Tory Whore bloodline's most egregious exponent of unquestioned Privilege!

Morrissey's previous sulking sojourn ended with YATQ, which was marred by tiresome complaints about his business and legal failings and dramas. He retains elements of that mindset in imagining that there is some conspiracy to prevent him from another spell on the payroll of international entertainment corporations with access to aggressive marketing tactics and stategies to force the lumpen herd consumer to listen to "Boy's A Looker". His most ridiculous song, attempting to lambast Pop Idol when he is being revealed as just another lucky contestant in the early 80s NME managed Indie-Pop Idol Show. With Paul Morley and John Peel as guest panellists choosing who got to escape the dole and who had to get a real job in the real economy doing something other than Bread and Circus. Entertainment as Repressive Tolerance. "Marcuse is me!"

It remains to be seen if Morrissey can do another comeback. If he does, one can only hope he moves beyond his tired tropes and addresses the real existential dramas of being a Boomer Graveyard Multi-Millionaire entertainer in the Hollywood Hills in a way that connects with his non-celebrity audience rather than more nonsense that "says nothing to me about my life". That would be a sad epitaph to his later career when he connected so potently at the outset.

I've enjoyed listening to Morrissey and his contribution to "The Smiths" over the last couple of weeks as I had a comment bash here. But I'm getting bored now so will soon return to lurking and LOL-ing at the cult dramas as they play out. It's like a mad sit-com or Celebrity Big Brother. Thanks to all for contributing to the co-created collaborative revenge on corporate rock star whoredom. Thanks to those who gave us the Interwebs. And, in the days of Manning, Assange and Snowden, thanks to America for it's First Amendment and to DavidT for making this place a reasonable guardian of those foundational principles. "Viva America!" "Viva Los Angeles!" "Viva 'Hilarious Career Car-Crash Live Film!"

Re: The Indepent on Morrissey and "Morrissey 25"

Tiresome cut and paste attemptN to assign crazy words to me, but lacking the skill to do so without looking like a prat. Well done, Playcat2000! U iz wizurd web skillz. NOT!

"
quote_icon.png
Originally NOT posted by BrummieBoy

Playcat2000: "It may not have been original but that doesn’t mean it’s not true. And you want "fresh"? Why don’t you take your own advice? Some of the things you say are entertaining but when you start with the unwarranted name calling of Morrissey fans as a “cults” and Morrissey as a “cult leader” or some stupid shit as that, it gets tedious and stupid. It must be a bore being married to you. f*** off, shithead and get over it already. As loving, devoted fans of Moz, we’re not going anywhere. God forbid anyone should want to say affectionate things about a person whose music changed their lives for the better on a site dedicated to him or at one of his concerts when the mic is handed to them. Who ever heard of such an outrageous thing?!

I didnt do it purpose, Bummieboy. My settings are all out of wack. I suppose you think you're a genius cause you know how to make your fonts huge and colorful?

- - - Updated - - -

Aw, you butt sore? If I could be bothered, I'd find a witty jpeg or gif to smirk at your temper tantrum, but I'm busy. Don't go anywhere, please stay here with your 'devoted' nonsense. Don't you tell me to fcuk off or call me a shithead: that is very rude, very inelegant and not wot sensitive Moz types should be doing. If he's changed your life for the better, that's fine, but he clearly has had no effect on your manners. Why don't you just put me on 'ignore' and get on with your 'devotion'? Please refrain from any more ridiculous comments.

regards

- - - Updated - - -

I read it once, which was a mistake. Is English a second language for you? Did you put this through Google Translate? It's nonsense.
regards.

Much like your posts on here.

Aw, you butt sore? If I could be bothered, I'd find a witty jpeg or gif to smirk at your temper tantrum, but I'm busy. Don't go anywhere, please stay here with your 'devoted' nonsense. Don't you tell me to fcuk off or call me a shithead: that is very rude, very inelegant and not wot sensitive Moz types should be doing. If he's changed your life for the better, that's fine, but he clearly has had no effect on your manners. Why don't you just put me on 'ignore' and get on with your 'devotion'? Please refrain from any more ridiculous comments. regards

- - - Updated - - -

I read it once, which was a mistake. Is English a second language for you? Did you put this through Google Translate? It's nonsense.

regards.

Dude, you're the butt f***ing king of ridiculous and insensitive comments.

Aw, you butt sore? If I could be bothered, I'd find a witty jpeg or gif to smirk at your temper tantrum, but I'm busy. Don't go anywhere, please stay here with your 'devoted' nonsense. Don't you tell me to fcuk off or call me a shithead: that is very rude, very inelegant and not wot sensitive Moz types should be doing. If he's changed your life for the better, that's fine, but he clearly has had no effect on your manners. Why don't you just put me on 'ignore' and get on with your 'devotion'? Please refrain from any more ridiculous comments.

regards

- - - Updated - - -

I read it once, which was a mistake. Is English a second language for you? Did you put this through Google Translate? It's nonsense. regards.

You Sir, are an idiot.

You Sir, are an idiot.

Well, that's put me in my place. I won't sleep tonight pondering if there may be any veracity to your taunt. Or maybe not. Are all of your 630 comments to date of this quality? 630 since March, and you haven't even figured out that no-one values or respects your claim to authority, certainly not me. I'd review your comment history if I suffered from insomnia as I'm sure I'd be unconscious within mintues reading more deeply into your fascinating overview of all things Morrissey.....ahem!

regards.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, you're the butt f***ing king of ridiculous and insensitive comments.

I think I have a flavour now of your views on my comments here. There is no need to respond compulsively with the same inane quips. Please go and find some other crackpot fan to share devotions with. I realise you are obsessed with replying to me and, no doubt, wish you were as elegant and sophisticated: but you are not. Your are just foolish. Stop littering threads with off-topic ad hominen abuse or you might get sent to sit on the naughty step.

regards.

- - - Updated - - -

Tiresome cut and paste attemptN to assign crazy words to me, but lacking the skill to do so without looking like a prat. Well done, Playcat2000! U iz wizurd web skillz. NOT!

"

I didnt do it purpose, Bummieboy. My settings are all out of wack. I suppose you think you're a genius cause you know how to make your fonts huge and colorful?

- - - Updated - - -

Much like your posts on here.

I assume your strategy is to reply to every comment I make as part of some 'advertising' campaign, as you know all of my readers will then be, briefly, aware of you? Do not imagine that that will lead to them reading any of your other comments. You could put me on 'ignore' or, more usefully, put yourself on 'ignore'. Please refrain from these territorial pissings, they do not lend elegance to the thread and are entirely off-topic.

regards.

Well, that's put me in my place. I won't sleep tonight pondering if there may be any veracity to your taunt. Or maybe not. Are all of your 630 comments to date of this quality? 630 since March, and you haven't even figured out that no-one values or respects your claim to authority, certainly not me. I'd review your comment history if I suffered from insomnia as I'm sure I'd be unconscious within mintues reading more deeply into your fascinating overview of all things Morrissey.....ahem!

regards.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I have a flavour now of your views on my comments here. There is no need to respond compulsively with the same inane quips. Please go and find some other crackpot fan to share devotions with. I realise you are obsessed with replying to me and, no doubt, wish you were as elegant and sophisticated: but you are not. Your are just foolish. Stop littering threads with off-topic ad hominen abuse or you might get sent to sit on the naughty step.

regards.

- - - Updated - - -

"

- - - Updated - - -

I assume your strategy is to reply to every comment I make as part of some 'advertising' campaign, as you know all of my readers will then be, briefly, aware of you? Do not imagine that that will lead to them reading any of your other comments. You could put me on 'ignore' or, more usefully, put yourself on 'ignore'. Please refrain from these territorial pissings, they do not lend elegance to the thread and are entirely off-topic.

regards.

Yes, you told me to "put you on ignore" the last ten posts ago but this is more fun. Why havent you put 'me' on ignore yet?

regards.

- - - Updated - - -

regards.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, you told me to "put you on ignore" the last ten posts ago but this is more fun. Why havent you put 'me' on ignore yet?
I haven't put you on 'ignore' because I find your ridiculous 'devotion' to Morrissey hilarious. However, that doesn't mean I'm pleased with your borderline stalking of me on these forums. I suggest you refocus on your 'devotion to Morrissey' and do not distract yourself by sniffing my balls every time you log on. I'm not going to waste any more time on you as there are other cult casualties here who need a managed intervention. Now, be a good little puppy and go and find some other Alpha Top Dog to idolise. Subconsciously, you no doubt realise that I am far more intelligent and sophisticated than your 'Pop Idol': please consider that you might be projecting your 'devotion' to Morrissey onto me. Others, no doubt, are noticing this and cringing at the undignified spectacle you are making of yourself. Of course, I have no need of this, being entirely self-sufficient psychologically, so it would be helpful for both of us if you put me on 'Ignore' so you are not continually tempted to try to get my attention.

I've had a refreshing 6 hours sleep, now I must return to rescuing cult casualties and, of course, the cult leader himself.

With every good wish and regards.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing. I hope this additional information is helpful to you. However, if you are still 'perplexed' by my presence and comments, please discuss this with a trusted friend, a pastor if you are 'religious', or a mental health counsellor. Or you could just STFU and put me on 'Ignore', along with anyone else who 'perplexes' you out of your warm fuzzy bath of Morrissey fan-dom.

regards.

If you read my post, I never called anyone out by name, so why such a vehement reaction unless you are painfully aware that these descriptions apply to you? Listening to Morrissey music makes me happy; it is a harmless form of escapism in a tough world. There is nothing that you can say that will change my mind, and I stand by my comment that anyone who feels so overwhelmingly compelled to try to detract from someone else's joy is an insecure, hateful bully. Also, if your final argument has to be STFU, then you have the debating skills of a 12 year old child, not to mention that your arguments are getting very stale and redundant. Last, but certainly not least, I didn't respond directly to any of your insane amount of posts this week; you should take your own advice and ignore me, or should I put it in a way that your juvenile brain can comprehend: I'm rubber, you're glue; everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you. Actually, that was untrue. Nothing could stick to your vile, slimey, repellent exoskeleton you parasitic insignificant insect. SWAT!!!! By the way, your seemingly endless amount of posts would indicate that the "facility" has given you extended internet privileges this week; who did you have to blow to get that?

lynnda

Very well said lynnda, you put your point across much more elequently than I ever could

Thank you, I always enjoy your posts as well. I can't understand why some people feel the need to try to intentionally diminish someone else's happiness. What kind of horrible human being lives that way? I just try to remember that most of the people on this site share a common affection and admiration for the man, and the hateful few just need to be ignored. Best wishes.

lynnda

If you read my post, I never called anyone out by name, so why such a vehement reaction unless you are painfully aware that these descriptions apply to you? Listening to Morrissey music makes me happy; it is a harmless form of escapism in a tough world. There is nothing that you can say that will change my mind, and I stand by my comment that anyone who feels so overwhelmingly compelled to try to detract from someone else's joy is an insecure, hateful bully. Also, if your final argument has to be STFU, then you have the debating skills of a 12 year old child, not to mention that your arguments are getting very stale and redundant. Last, but certainly not least, I didn't respond directly to any of your insane amount of posts this week; you should take your own advice and ignore me, or should I put it in a way that your juvenile brain can comprehend: I'm rubber, you're glue; everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you. Actually, that was untrue. Nothing could stick to your vile, slimey, repellent exoskeleton you parasitic insignificant insect. SWAT!!!! By the way, your seemingly endless amount of posts would indicate that the "facility" has given you extended internet privileges this week; who did you have to blow to get that?

lynnda

Your rant is both hilarious, and pathetic. You forget that Morrissey tried to detract from the happiness of a pregant princess by querying her need to be in hospital with a serious health issue, his only motive being that she might notice him during the media spat that followed. He also suggested an adopted African child was 'handbag material. He's now routinely a face-time attention whore. He's a troll. The fact that he has a melodious voice and sometimes writes excellent pop lyrics doesn't excuse him from being called out on his bullshit, except by delusional cultists.

You claim I have "the debating skills of a 12 year old child" in one line, then a few lines later you unleash a cascade of silly epithets such as "vile, repellent", "parasitic, insignifiicant insect. SWAT!!!!" I don't think Morrissey would be pleased if he saw you swat an insect. He's not a Jain, but I'm sure he agrees that insects have a right to their live as well as moo-cows. You then move on to some attempt at a slur by denigrating mental health challenges to assert some sort of cogno-normative standard, which you attempt to police and censor without even recognising it. Er,....f*** off! "there is no such thing in life as normal", "something is squeezing my skull". Like Queer, I reclaim Mental and turn it from an insult into a badge of honour. No serious intellectual or social change is possible without people brave enough to face thought-control: in his youth Morrissey was brave, in his late middle-age he is a coward who insults pregnant women and orphan children. A bully, in other words. Like you,with your pathetic insults and atttempts at censorship. I haven't been bullied since I was 10 years old, ain't gonna happen!

How novel, American cultural primitives trying to slut-shame homosexuals and oral sex. Let me confirm: I've sucked loads of cocks in my lifetime. Some stupid American bint on a forum is hardly likely to 'slut-shame' an unber-confident queergender polyamorous trisexual, but I doubt that will stop you from repeating the attempts.

It's irrelevant whether or not you previously 'called me out by name'. You are attempting a cogno-normative control to try and keep contributors to this forum 'on message' with a narrative that asserts Morrissey is unquestionably a benign influence: "Listening to Morrissey music makes me happy; it is a harmless form of escapism in a tough world."

I beg to differ. Listening to his music is not an innocent undertaking and neither is composing and releasing it. Several dubious 'pronouncements' in song or by TTY blogging could give vulnerable people an entirely distorted view of human relations. It could give them the idea that being a snob about their cultural choices puts them in a position of status-power over those who take pleasure in Britney Spears or Bieber. I don't care if listening to Morrissey's music makes you "happy", as if the contentment of one consumer invalidates the critical analysis of another. It doesn't.

In another, equally fatuous comment, you stated "I can't understand why some people feel the need to try to intentionally diminish someone else's happiness. What kind of horrible human being lives that way? I just try to remember that most of the people on this site share a common affection and admiration for the man, and the hateful few just need to be ignored."

Morrissey is that kind of horrible human being and his comments on Norway and Madonna's adoption were absolutely full of hate. He is so annoyed by mainstream talent shows that he wrote possibly the worst, most hilarious song of his career, trying to pull cultural rank and diss teenage boy celebrities who get a few years of fun from the entertainment industry. As Abz is showing us on Celebrity Big Brother, not all boy band members can be dismissed as pliant casualties to be thrown on the scrap heap. And then there's Robbie Williams, who is just as talented as Morrissey, but actually famous beyond a cult.

You can put me on 'ignore' any time you like. "if you don't like me, don't look at me" and all that passive-aggressive drama queen crap. What you cannot do is spew hetero-cogno-normative abuse and expect a pass. You also should check your Privilege before assuming your Speciesist hegemony allows you to use the murder of insects as a motif without comeback.

I hope this has conveyed to you that I do not take you remotely seriously, will not be censored by you, and regards your contradictions and cognitive dissonance as evidence of your surrender to cult thinking. I could end with an insult, but you're not worth the steam off my piss, so I will refrain.

With every good wish
Yours, in jubilo!

Last edited:
Your rant is both hilarious, and pathetic. You forget that Morrissey tried to detract from the happiness of a pregant princess by querying her need to be in hospital with a serious health issue, his only motive being that she might notice him during the media spat that followed. He also suggested an adopted African child was 'handbag material. He's now routinely a face-time attention whore. He's a troll. The fact that he has a melodious voice and sometimes writes excellent pop lyrics doesn't excuse him from being called out on his bullshit, except by delusional cultists.

You claim I have "the debating skills of a 12 year old child" in one line, then a few lines later you unleash a cascade of silly epithets such as "vile, repellent", "parasitic, insignifiicant insect. SWAT!!!!" I don't think Morrissey would be pleased if he saw you swat an insect. He's not a Jain, but I'm sure he agrees that insects have a right to their live as well as moo-cows. You then move on to some attempt at a slur by denigrating mental health challenges to assert some sort of cogno-normative standard, which you attempt to police and censor without even recognising it. Er,....f*** off! "there is no such thing in life as normal", "something is squeezing my skull". Like Queer, I reclaim Mental and turn it from an insult into a badge of honour. No serious intellectual or social change is possible without people brave enough to face thought-control: in his youth Morrissey was brave, in his late middle-age he is a coward who insults pregnant women and orphan children. A bully, in other words. Like you,with your pathetic insults and atttempts at censorship. I haven't been bullied since I was 10 years old, ain't gonna happen!

How novel, American cultural primitives trying to slut-shame homosexuals and oral sex. Let me confirm: I've sucked loads of cocks in my lifetime. Some stupid American bint on a forum is hardly likely to 'slut-shame' an unber-confident queergender polyamorous trisexual, but I doubt that will stop you from repeating the attempts.

It's irrelevant whether or not you previously 'called me out by name'. You are attempting a cogno-normative control to try and keep contributors to this forum 'on message' with a narrative that asserts Morrissey is unquestionably a benign influence: "Listening to Morrissey music makes me happy; it is a harmless form of escapism in a tough world."

I beg to differ. Listening to his music is not an innocent undertaking and neither is composing and releasing it. Several dubious 'pronouncements' in song or by TTY blogging could give vulnerable people an entirely distorted view of human relations. It could give them the idea that being a snob about their cultural choices puts them in a position of status-power over those who take pleasure in Britney Spears or Bieber. I don't care if listening to Morrissey's music makes you "happy", as if the contentment of one consumer invalidates the critical analysis of another. It doesn't.

In another, equally fatuous comment, you stated "I can't understand why some people feel the need to try to intentionally diminish someone else's happiness. What kind of horrible human being lives that way? I just try to remember that most of the people on this site share a common affection and admiration for the man, and the hateful few just need to be ignored."

Morrissey is that kind of horrible human being and his comments on Norway and Madonna's adoption were absolutely full of hate. He is so annoyed by mainstream talent shows that he wrote possibly the worst, most hilarious song of his career, trying to pull cultural rank and diss teenage boy celebrities who get a few years of fun from the entertainment industry. As Abz is showing us on Celebrity Big Brother, not all boy band members can be dismissed as pliant casualties to be thrown on the scrap heap. And then there's Robbie Williams, who is just as talented as Morrissey, but actually famous beyond a cult.

You can put me on 'ignore' any time you like. "if you don't like me, don't look at me" and all that passive-aggressive drama queen crap. What you cannot do is spew hetero-cogno-normative abuse and expect a pass. You also should check your Privilege before assuming your Speciesist hegemony allows you to use the murder of insects as a motif without comeback.

I hope this has conveyed to you that I do not take you remotely seriously, will not be censored by you, and regards your contradictions and cognitive dissonance as evidence of your surrender to cult thinking. I could end with an insult, but you're not worth the steam off my piss, so I will refrain.

With every good wish
Yours, in jubilo!

What this conveyed is that you are a long-winded, self-absorbed hypocrite whose repetitive rants are becoming unbearably ridiculous. You are by far the most insulting, abusive poster on this site; you attack anyone who articulates their admiration for Morrissey, so your stance on bullying, censorship, and intolerance is completely invalid, not to mention that your constant negative generalizations concerning Americans indicates your prejudice and ethnocentricism. You want the right to analyze, comment, and critique in any way you see fit, but you consistently deny that same right to others. You insist that they can put you on "ignore", a difficult task when you attempt to dominate this site with dozens of nonsensical ,inflammatory posts; yet you habitually hone in on other people's statements when they differ from your opinions, only to spew your hateful rhetoric. You apparently cannot follow your own advice. You claim that anyone who continues to find value in Morrissey's work has "surrendered to cult thinking", which is your fall-back, tired argument, one that insults the intelligence of those who have carefully and thoughtfully analyzed his lyrics. I don't really care if you no longer admire Morrissey, but you are on a "fan" website where there is an expectation that the people posting here all share a fondness for the artist. That expectation is derived from the fact that any well-adjusted person who has become disinterested or disillusioned would simply move on. For someone who questions the obsessive devotion that Morrissey inspires in many of his fans, you seem to be having a great deal of trouble letting him go; what else could explain the amount of time you spend on this site. It is not unlike the contradiction of your extremely long response to someone that you claim to not remotely take seriously. For the record, any writer who can express his personal anguish and frustration in a way that so profoundly affects others, in a way that provides some momentary comfort, could never be considered benign. Have you accomplished anything remotely close to this?*If not, what expertise allows you to consider yourself the ultimate judge of Morrissey?

lynnda

What this conveyed is that you are a long-winded, self-absorbed hypocrite whose repetitive rants are becoming unbearably ridiculous. You are by far the most insulting, abusive poster on this site; you attack anyone who articulates their admiration for Morrissey, so your stance on bullying, censorship, and intolerance is completely invalid, not to mention that your constant negative generalizations concerning Americans indicates your prejudice and ethnocentricism. You want the right to analyze, comment, and critique in any way you see fit, but you consistently deny that same right to others. You insist that they can put you on "ignore", a difficult task when you attempt to dominate this site with dozens of nonsensical ,inflammatory posts; yet you habitually hone in on other people's statements when they differ from your opinions, only to spew your hateful rhetoric. You apparently cannot follow your own advice. You claim that anyone who continues to find value in Morrissey's work has "surrendered to cult thinking", which is your fall-back, tired argument, one that insults the intelligence of those who have carefully and thoughtfully analyzed his lyrics. I don't really care if you no longer admire Morrissey, but you are on a "fan" website where there is an expectation that the people posting here all share a fondness for the artist. That expectation is derived from the fact that any well-adjusted person who has become disinterested or disillusioned would simply move on. For someone who questions the obsessive devotion that Morrissey inspires in many of his fans, you seem to be having a great deal of trouble letting him go; what else could explain the amount of time you spend on this site. It is not unlike the contradiction of your extremely long response to someone that you claim to not remotely take seriously. For the record, any writer who can express his personal anguish and frustration in a way that so profoundly affects others, in a way that provides some momentary comfort, could never be considered benign. Have you accomplished anything remotely close to this?*If not, what expertise allows you to consider yourself the ultimate judge of Morrissey?

lynnda

So much passive-aggressive anger attempting to appear rational, but ending in epicFAIL! Here's my response.If my 'rants' are not pleasing to you, just don't read them, and certainly don't raise your blood pressure with further responses that are also 'rants'. I couldn't care less that you assert I'm "the most insulting, abusive poster on this site". Why should I take you remotely seriously? Srsly! Also, I think the Mentalist 3 would have something to say about that. If I wanted to be insulting and abuse, trust me: I'd turn the dial up from 3 to 11.

A fatuous point about my supposed antipathy to 'America'. Wrong! America is a mix of ethnicities, not one. Check your own prejudice and ethnocentricsm: you don't even recognise you share a continent with other ethnicities, although I can see that a country that relies on Fox News to report reality would struggle to understand that America is a mosaic and always was, despite the attempts to exterminate many of the original inhabitants.

My posts cannot be both 'inflammatory' and 'nonsensical' as, in order to inflame your precious greivance mongering, you choose to 'understand' them, even if you woefully misinterpret them to suit your own defence strategies. Not that I care. I don't use 'hateful rhetoric', but Morrissey certainly does on occassion. I don't remember calling his fans a 'sub-species' or suggesting they all die in a motorway pile up.

I claim no such thing. I find value in Morrissey's work, but I find no value whatsoever in the co-dependent fan/cult he orchestrates to avoid facing some very painful truths about his own existential failures. Anyone can find value in his work without drinking Kool-Aid. Read my posts again without hypeventilating and you'll realise that.

"I don't really care if you no longer admire Morrissey, but you are on a "fan" website where there is an expectation that the people posting here all share a fondness for the artist. That expectation is derived from the fact that any well-adjusted person who has become disinterested or disillusioned would simply move on."

I'm glad you don't care cuz I don't care that you don't care. I just wish you'd stop whining. You're on the wrong site. There is a site full of such sycophants. Nothing in the joining instructions for this site made any such statement. And I do share a 'fondness' for the artist, as I do for my dog, even when he's being very naughty and chewing my socks. Although I love my dog, but not Morrissey, even though he bizarrely says he loves me on stage. I'm not "well-adjusted". I'm Maladjusted. And proud of it. You walked right into that brick wall, didn't ya! Why doesn't Moz 'move on'? From the Beckhams, Jamie Oliver, the Royal Family, Elton John...and on and on and on and on.....

"For someone who questions the obsessive devotion that Morrissey inspires in many of his fans, you seem to be having a great deal of trouble letting him go; what else could explain the amount of time you spend on this site. "

I don't have any trouble "letting in go" because I was never holding on to him in the first place. My time on this site is explained quite simply as an amusing diversion and distraction. It means a lot less to me than you think/assume it does. Some people smoke fags, some gamble online, others amuse themselves on web forums. It's not to be taken seriously, just as Morrissey is not to be taken seriosly. He's a capitalist music entrepreneur/entertainer. Any futher claims on his behalf, or by him, are quite rightly subject to critical analysis. I don't spend a lot of time on this site, usually only when I'm waiting to meet another challenge/deadline and can't begin a new task. Plus, I'm a trained stenographer: it only takes me as long to type as it does to think the thoughts. Lightbulb?

" For the record, any writer who can express his personal anguish and frustration in a way that so profoundly affects others, in a way that provides some momentary comfort, could never be considered benign. "

For the record: try proof reading your comments before posting. This doesn't make sense. I assume you mean 'can only be considered benign'? Morrissey's 'personal anguish and frustration in 2013 is a very, very different issue that his dramas in 1983. He is rich, arrogant, vain and has an enormous entitlement agenda, expecting the media to accept his frothing ravings as authentic genius analysis, when they're mostly ridiculous garbage.

"Have you accomplished anything remotely close to this?*If not, what expertise allows you to consider yourself the ultimate judge of Morrissey?"

Yes, or at least people tell me I have, and beg me to publicise and advertise my life widely. But I have no desire for 'fame' or to rescue delusional people by founding a pseudo-religious artistic cult. You may operate with a mental model whereby you imagine everyone unconditionally worships and respects famous and rich celebrities: I don't.

Also, I don't consider myself to be the 'ultimate judge of Morrissey' and I don't claim any particular expertise other than a curious mind and an unwillingness to accept group-think or cultural cliches like unexamined 'fame' and 'fans' and all that nonsense. You simply cannot cope with the idea that I find great pleasure in some of Morrissey's music and words yet also find him to be ridiculous when he imagines he can spout garbage with impunity. Or release "Kid's A Looker"

I hope this is helpful to you in understanding why I don't give a damn what you think.
With every possible blessing. And always remember: I love you!
And Morrissey loves you, lynnda!
He loves all of us.
We are blessed!

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom