"The Ballad Of Mott The Hoople" (out Oct. 10) - sleevenotes written by Morrissey

Originally posted at allyouneedismorrissey.com:

Mott The Hoople Documentary Due - ClashMusic.com

Excerpt:

Detailing the band's story, the importance of Mott The Hoople within the pantheon of rock music is laid bare. Morrissey volunteered to write the sleevenotes, penning some moving words to his boyhood heroes:

“Savage history always passes judgment in due course, and here we are, in 2011, still studying Mott The Hoople.”

Bringing the band's story back to life, Mott The Hoople are rescued from their place in the history books and given a new relevance by a thoughtful, provocative and enthralling new documentary.

'The Ballad Of Mott The Hoople' is out on October 10th.

mott_the_hoople_poster.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Steven- shut up and f*** off you stupid man. You have failed. Historically and very obviously.

Re: Article: "The Ballad Of Mott The Hoople" (out Oct. 10) - sleevenotes written by M

Steven- shut up and f*** off you stupid man. You have failed. Historically and very obviously.
Yes. Ovation.Death row- GO idiot.

Weren't we supposed to here something about US tour dates today??

Re: Article: "The Ballad Of Mott The Hoople" (out Oct. 10) - sleevenotes written by M

Yawn..."Stretch out and Wait......there's no debate...."

I've never thought much of Hot the Moople. All the Young Dudes is an ok song but they didn't even write it.

If these guys never existed I don't think the face of music would be any different and I know my life wouldn't be (except I wouldn't be typing this).

Maybe they'll be released on that blogspot site!

Did you just spell hear like here? Please tell me you didn't. How did you manage to get this far?

Did you just spell hear like here? Please tell me you didn't. How did you manage to get this far?

yes its an impossible mistake to make!

Has Morrissey ever mentioned the Hoopple prior to this?

Their best was definitely all the young dudes
written by david bowie

lol
irene

I think he needs to widen his horizons
Maybe spread wings of youth that werent meant to go there

Sod NY dolls listen to legends

I cant go on enough about free my brother jake

2nd lesson next week when you get the gist of that
eejits

irene

My brother jake

just one of those songs that make you cry

well does me

Sod NY dolls listen to legends

I cant go on enough about free my brother jake

2nd lesson next week when you get the gist of that
eejits

irene[/QUOTE]

If you want to visit a site featuring a great essay on Morrissey, a 4000 word novel extract mentioning Morrissey and Vauxhall and I, and the latest news and exciting debate why not join us over at www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com ?

Or you can stay here with the regulars who now think the blog is mine because I've mentioned it like road hog did. Some of them also think I am road hog, others think I am road hog and Morrissey too.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom