tell us about the last Film you saw

The neon demon sees the director copy Kubrick and launch a symbolism fest filled with blood and murder in the fashion world in a homage to the illuminati and it is a nightmare for all the conspiracy theorists out there who will spend the entire length of the movie taking notes.

A low budget film that attracted a fair amount of criticism.
Whilst I agree this isn't the best film ever made, it is certainly worth a watch, particularly if you happen to like The Clash.

london-town-photo-57daaacd78395.jpg

Outstanding performance by Natalie Portman, not to mention her outstanding natural beauty.

Jackie-2016-movie-poster.jpg

When I watched it back in October I felt it was poor and she looks nowhere near the real Jackie but there was free champagne for everyone and I met the director who actually whispered in my ear he hated doing this film cause he was forced to (for money).

When I watched it back in October I felt it was poor and she looks nowhere near the real Jackie but there was free champagne for everyone and I met the director who actually whispered in my ear he hated doing this film cause he was forced to (for money).

Natalie Portman does not look too much like the 'the real' Jackie, she looks miles better. :)
I didn't really comment on the film itself, though I thought it was ok, watchable.
It is her performance that caught my attention, she will win as Oscar for this.

Last edited:

Was he forced? Poor baby... But it's hard to believe. I don't feel she made a great contribution to her society. Just a little more frivolity and hipocrisy. Nothing new.

i think ill just go for a long walk tomorrow instead! im sick of movies and books. i wish i were just one of those people who were into running or weightlifting or whatever. every day i'd feel like i achieved something if i were one of those people. but i dont want to be a meathead, i just dont :(

Nothing wrong with a good long walk.
I would accompany you if you would allow me and we could talk and debate and comment about everything there to be seen. Especially about all silly philistines that dare cross our path. :lbf:
We could bitch and argue and laugh.
I know I would. :p

Nothing wrong with a good long walk.
I would accompany you if you would allow me and we could talk and debate and comment about everything there to be seen. Especially about all silly philistines that dare cross our path. :lbf:
We could bitch and argue and laugh.
I know I would. :p
sounds delightful! and i could hit them with my hat if they budge in front of me, yes?!

sounds delightful! and i could hit them with my hat if they budge in front of me, yes?!

Yes, of course!
I would protect you!
Provided that your hat has that steel ring in it as in the film Gold finger.
What an honourable way to die protecting a lady against the philistines.

i think ill just go for a long walk tomorrow instead! im sick of movies and books. i wish i were just one of those people who were into running or weightlifting or whatever. every day i'd feel like i achieved something if i were one of those people. but i dont want to be a meathead, i just dont :(

Well... You are what you are dear Rifke, and that's OK

oh my god, i need to watch that!! but my stupid video store doesnt have it!! what to dooooooooooo?!?!

Look videostore guy straight in the eyes and say, I need a favour.
Let him get that video for you.
You are a good and regular client and if he gets that video for you it's all about supplying customer-satisfaction.
No need to give him the eye and seduce him with your girly charm.
I would be envious if you did. :p

Look videostore guy straight in the eyes and say, I need a favour.
Let him get that video for you.
You are a good and regular client and if he gets that video for you it's all about supplying customer-satisfaction.
No need to give him the eye and seduce him with your girly charm.
I would be envious if you did. :p

People still use videostores?

I was surprised to see the last local one still in business.

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom