Tales of The Smiths comic (starting Sep. 3)

I bet you could PM anyone here any questions while on vacay, I'm sure everyone has a Mozipedia. (Except I don't, was too poor when it was released and never bothered to get one. :blushing:)

Don't believe you!! Everyone needs a Mozipedia.

Don't believe you!! Everyone needs a Mozipedia.

The reason I don't have a Mozipedia is that it makes me even crazier than I already am. (His mother was a librarian? I worked in bookstores for 11 years! His father was a porter? I ran on a joint ticket for elementary school president with Greg Porter!) and so on and so forth connecting stuff that doesn't matter immediately. It gives me agida to just look at the book, I want to open it and make a zillion "ideas of reference" connections as my shrink called it.

Back on topic, I'm curious what some of conchrisoulis's favorite comics are? As far as running narrative strips like your setting out to do, I love Alison Bechdel. I think my favorite artist is Chris Ware and Patrick McDonnel is genius at communicating a lot with a little. There's so many fantastic strips out there, it's cool Mozzy will have one too.

The reason I don't have a Mozipedia is that it makes me even crazier than I already am. (His mother was a librarian? I worked in bookstores for 11 years! His father was a porter?

Back on topic, I'm curious what some of conchrisoulis's favorite comics are? As far as running narrative strips like your setting out to do, I love Alison Bechdel. I think my favorite artist is Chris Ware and Patrick McDonnel is genius at communicating a lot with a little. There's so many fantastic strips out there, it's cool Mozzy will have one too.

Rogan covered every itsy bitsy detail about Morrissey's genealogy and his parents' occupations in the early '90s, so I guess that information had been offered by him, amongst other reads and articles as well, way before the Mozipedia. I think I found the Mozipedia far more informative in regards to Morrissey's post-Smiths life, his friendships, views etc as he became far more secretive and private, and rightly so, as an individual (it would be way harder to find a current "schoolmate" to spill the beans as easily thesedays).

In regards to comic book influences! The answer is never ending as I change my mind constantly on my favourites. I guess I'll always consider Daniel Clowes' 20th Century Eightball' collection as really precious, and Adrian Tomine's 'Summer Blonde' and 'Sleepwalk' or Julie Ducet's 'My New York Diary' and Joe Sacco's 'Palestine' and and and (see, it never ends!)
You're right in that I love Chris Ware as the visual master that he is. But I can't help feel distant from the work. I can't kick off the feeling of just being an observer. His work, as previous as it is, is way too personal and thus I can't sympathise with any of the characters (but hey, that's me)!
I also love a lot of sci-fi stuff (100%, Batman 100, Rasl, Watchmen), crime comics (Stray Bullets), historical (Age of Bronze, From Hell), horror comics (The Walking Dead, BPRD), and I worship classic silver age spandex (anything by Kirby and Ditko really)
--but it's really the top influences that have fed my inspiration and style in regards to 'Tales of The Smiths'!
whoa! sorry for the huge reply!

Last edited:
Rogan covered every itsy bitsy detail about Morrissey's genealogy and his parents' occupations in the early '90s, so I guess that information had been offered by him, amongst other reads and articles as well, way before the Mozipedia. I think I found the Mozipedia far more informative in regards to Morrissey's post-Smiths life, his friendships, views etc as he became far more secretive and private, and rightly so, as an individual (it would be way harder to find a current "schoolmate" to spill the beans as easily thesedays).

In regards to comic book influences! The answer is never ending as I change my mind constantly on my favourites. I guess I'll always consider Daniel Clowes' 20th Century Eightball' collection as really precious, and Adrian Tomine's 'Summer Blonde' and 'Sleepwalk' or Julie Ducet's 'My New York Diary' and Joe Sacco's 'Palestine' and and and (see, it never ends!)
You're right in that I love Chris Ware as the visual master that he is. But I can't help feel distant from the work. I can't kick off the feeling of just being an observer. His work, as previous as it is, is way too personal and thus I can't sympathise with any of the characters (but hey, that's me)!
I also love a lot of sci-fi stuff (100%, Batman 100, Rasl, Watchmen), crime comics (Stray Bullets), historical (Age of Bronze, From Hell), horror comics (The Walking Dead, BPRD), and I worship classic silver age spandex (anything by Kirby and Ditko really)
--but it's really the top influences that have fed my inspiration and style in regards to 'Tales of The Smiths'!
whoa! sorry for the huge reply!

Cooooool! :thumb: I'll add some of those to my list.

Con, you wouldn't happen to know of any way to get an RSS feed of your comic or subscribe to it in Google Reader, would you? I'm really enjoying!! But I keep almost forgetting to read it, because generally I check out all my internet comics at the same time through Google Reader.

Con, you wouldn't happen to know of any way to get an RSS feed of your comic or subscribe to it in Google Reader, would you? I'm really enjoying!! But I keep almost forgetting to read it, because generally I check out all my internet comics at the same time through Google Reader.

Gee, ExclamationPoint, thanks for the interest! :)
I'll ask SoComic.gr's moderator and get back to you regarding that!
There's definitely a Subscribe By E-Mail button on the site's left panel, which means that you'll get feeds of whatever is uploaded on SoComic.gr daily (that's 4-5 posts per day), but I don't know if a feed is available specifically for Tales of The Smiths.
I'll get back to you asap!
=B-)

Hi there once more!
ExclamationPoint, you can get an RSS feed of my Tales of The Smiths by clicking HERE

Anonymous, the song on the video preview is "Don't Fret" from my UK based band, GHOSTS OF FUTURE PAST
Our facebook page is facebook.com/GhostsOfFuturePast
I had a band in the past called AUTODIVINE (info, art and videos here), for which I wrote a concept album and after that was disbanded I created GHOSTS OF FUTURE PAST (more info on GHOSTS... other than our facebook page, here).

I used the Ghosts of Future Past song on the promo video, cause I don't have any clearance to use Smiths audio recordings (and I like to be as legal as it gets).

123xyz, the pleasure and the privilege is mine...

Hi there once more!
ExclamationPoint, you can get an RSS feed of my Tales of The Smiths by clicking HERE

Anonymous, the song on the video preview is "Don't Fret" from my UK based band, GHOSTS OF FUTURE PAST
Our facebook page is facebook.com/GhostsOfFuturePast
I had a band in the past called AUTODIVINE (info, art and videos here), for which I wrote a concept album and after that was disbanded I created GHOSTS OF FUTURE PAST (more info on GHOSTS... other than our facebook page, here).

I used the Ghosts of Future Past song on the promo video, cause I don't have any clearance to use Smiths audio recordings (and I like to be as legal as it gets).

123xyz, the pleasure and the privilege is mine...

TALES OF THE SMITHS Episode #5: The Headmaster Ritual
is now online at SoComic.gr!

///// The episodes are in English and Greek and will continue daily ///// If you dig the series, please 'Share' and 'Like' the episodes from the SoComic site itself ///// If you wish to read previous episodes, click onto the 'Tales of The Smiths' tag on the SoComic site /////
http://www.socomic.gr/2012/09/tales-of-the-smiths-5/

I kindly thank you, EnglandIsMine!
And I thank everyone for the support until now! Please don't forget to 'share' and 'like' or even comment at the SoComic.gr site to show your support! =B-)

TALES OF THE SMITHS - WEEK ONE Recap

Check out this Recap of all the TALES OF THE SMITHS episodes by Con Chrisoulis that were released last week at SoComic.gr!

Don't miss out on reading this serialised graphic novel on the early years of the seminal indie band, The Smiths.
http://www.socomic.gr/tag/tales-of-the-smiths/

It worked! Thanks, Con! I'm really excited for each new strip to show up in my feed. (For others who want to subscribe in Google Reader, you need to right-click, copy the link address, and then paste it into the search field in Reader.)

TALES OF THE SMITHS Episode #6: 'And They've Made Your Parents Cry' is now online at SoComic.gr!

This week I'm focusing on the early years of Johnny, Andy and Mike.

There is also a contest (yep, it's international) that starts this week and ends next Monday in which you can win ION Pocket Pie waffers! Read the new Tales of The Smiths to take part!

Also, if you dig the series, please 'Share' and 'Like' the episodes from the SoComic site itself!
http://www.socomic.gr/2012/09/and-they-made-your-parents-cry

Back
Top Bottom