Tales of The Smiths comic (starting Sep. 3)

TALES OF THE SMITHS #257:
When you want to live, how do you start? ptI

Coundtdown to the end of season 1 of Tales of The Smiths, after which I'll take a bit of a break so I can take a breather! :)

Morrissey writes to his penpal Julie as the Buzzcocks release the first independent album ever in England, Spiral Scratch

Tales of The Smiths are in Greek and English
(scroll down for the English version)

Please Like at the SoComic site itself
www.socomic.gr/2013/08/tales-of-the-smiths-257-episode

Last edited:
Second last episode of season 1 of Tales of The Smiths, after which I'll take a bit of a break so I can take a breather!

TALES OF THE SMITHS #259:
When you want to live, how do you start? ptIII

Just before Christmas 1976 Morrissey's parents' divorce is official.
His disastrous domestic life will inspire him to write some of his most poignant singles.

Tales of The Smiths are in Greek and English
(scroll down for the English version)

Please Like at the SoComic site itself
www.socomic.gr/2013/08/tales-of-the-smiths-259-episode

I rather enjoy dipping in and out of these but your editorialising of his parents' marriage makes me uncomfortable at times.

I rather enjoy dipping in and out of these but your editorialising of his parents' marriage makes me uncomfortable at times.

Hi Iona!
Thnaks for dipping in and out! :)

I'm not gonna argue with you about it, but the problem with dramatising a biography is exactly in choosing what to add, emphasize or edit.
The majority of the work I've done is based on quotes by the former members of The Smiths (and others), but there are certain aspects that are virtually unknown to us (including details of their personal lives/life at home); fortunately or unfortunately it is up to the author of a dramatised biography to add the events and dialogues according to facts (quotes and evidence) already there.
Otherwise, I would not have gone down the graphic novel road, but would have written another straight up, fact full, bio ala Rogan or Fletcher or an encyclopedia ala Goddard! :)

Thanks again for your input. It truly is something that I have given a lot of thought into and I try to keep it within some reasonable boundaries according to interviews, temperaments and logic conclusions.

All the best,

Con

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom